- ICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hype
Teenage Brazil striker Gabriel Barbosa is close to joining Juventus for 20 million euros.
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru hanged at Tihar jail Last Updated : 10 Feb 2013 10:40:39 AM IST File photo: Afzal Guru hanged
Mohammed Afzal Guru was hanged to death at the Tihar Jail in New Delhi on Saturday morning.
Home Secetary R.K.Singh has confirmed the news that Afzal Guru was hanged at Tihar Jail in the national capital.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that Parliament attacked accused Afzal Guru was hanged at 8 AM. on Saturday morning in a top-secret operation.
President Pranab Mukherjee has rejected the mercy petition of Afzal Guru, who is convicted for masterminding the attack on India's Parliament in 2001.
According to the Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson Venu Rajamony, the mercy plea of Afzal Guru was rejected few days ago.
The prison authorities remained tight-lipped about the details of hanging performed in a well-guarded secret operation.
Belonged to Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, Guru was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of India in 2004.
The attack on India's Parliament in 2001was conducted jointly by the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET) and the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JEM).
On December 13, 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
They included five Delhi Police personnel, a woman Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) official, two Parliament watch and ward staff and a gardener.
A journalist, who was injured, died later. All five terrorists were shot dead.
A year later, four accused, including Afzal Guru, were arrested for the attack and found guilty after a trial.
Meanwhile, Curfew has been imposed in Kashmir valley.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sony SAB in partnership with Twitter has launched an innovative and first of its kind soci
- Punjab's teen singer takes caste voice to a new high
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, support
- Akshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'
- Nana ,Shyam Kaushal reminisce about their brotherly bond
- After director's exit, Sabash Naidu team reshuffled
- VIDEO: Ranveer-Ranbir bond like never before
- Rishi Kapoor respects Rajinikanth's humility
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an