- Why Shraddha uncomfortable in kissing Emraan HashmiLava from Hawaii\'s Kilauea Volcano advancing,evacuation to beginHow Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with familyAnushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru hanged at Tihar jail Last Updated : 10 Feb 2013 10:40:39 AM IST File photo: Afzal Guru hanged
Mohammed Afzal Guru was hanged to death at the Tihar Jail in New Delhi on Saturday morning.
Home Secetary R.K.Singh has confirmed the news that Afzal Guru was hanged at Tihar Jail in the national capital.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that Parliament attacked accused Afzal Guru was hanged at 8 AM. on Saturday morning in a top-secret operation.
President Pranab Mukherjee has rejected the mercy petition of Afzal Guru, who is convicted for masterminding the attack on India's Parliament in 2001.
According to the Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson Venu Rajamony, the mercy plea of Afzal Guru was rejected few days ago.
The prison authorities remained tight-lipped about the details of hanging performed in a well-guarded secret operation.
Belonged to Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, Guru was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of India in 2004.
The attack on India's Parliament in 2001was conducted jointly by the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET) and the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JEM).
On December 13, 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
They included five Delhi Police personnel, a woman Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) official, two Parliament watch and ward staff and a gardener.
A journalist, who was injured, died later. All five terrorists were shot dead.
A year later, four accused, including Afzal Guru, were arrested for the attack and found guilty after a trial.
Meanwhile, Curfew has been imposed in Kashmir valley.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor is feeling uncomfortable shooting an item number for 'Un
- How Aaradhya Bachchan celebrated Diwali with family
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar critically ill
- Anushka and Virat spotted together again
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country