- Train To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru hanged at Tihar jail Last Updated : 10 Feb 2013 10:40:39 AM IST File photo: Afzal Guru hanged
Mohammed Afzal Guru was hanged to death at the Tihar Jail in New Delhi on Saturday morning.
Home Secetary R.K.Singh has confirmed the news that Afzal Guru was hanged at Tihar Jail in the national capital.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that Parliament attacked accused Afzal Guru was hanged at 8 AM. on Saturday morning in a top-secret operation.
President Pranab Mukherjee has rejected the mercy petition of Afzal Guru, who is convicted for masterminding the attack on India's Parliament in 2001.
According to the Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson Venu Rajamony, the mercy plea of Afzal Guru was rejected few days ago.
The prison authorities remained tight-lipped about the details of hanging performed in a well-guarded secret operation.
Belonged to Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir, Guru was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of India in 2004.
The attack on India's Parliament in 2001was conducted jointly by the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LET) and the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JEM).
On December 13, 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
They included five Delhi Police personnel, a woman Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) official, two Parliament watch and ward staff and a gardener.
A journalist, who was injured, died later. All five terrorists were shot dead.
A year later, four accused, including Afzal Guru, were arrested for the attack and found guilty after a trial.
Meanwhile, Curfew has been imposed in Kashmir valley.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Yeon Sang-Ho's "Train To Busan" isn't a just mindless, zombie horror film. In fac
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra lauds Aamir Khan for 'Dangal'
- 'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
- Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel