- \'Mardaani\' review in picsImages: Meet Shruti Haasan\'s sis Akshara who makes debut in ShamitabhImages: These Bollywood stars did not graduateHot foreign beauties in B-WoodImages: Upcoming Bollywood movies of Sunny LeoneAlia Bhatt shows off bare thighs, view picsPICS: Protest over proposed Gandhi statue in LondonBarbara Mori ties knot again?Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view picsSonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view pics
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Mardani' movie review in pictures. Have a look of some still scenes.
- Images: Meet Shruti Haasan's sis Akshara who makes debut in Shamitabh
- Images: These Bollywood stars did not graduate
- Hot foreign beauties in B-Wood
- Video: Akshay Kumar takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, nominates Salman Khan
- Watch Bismil song from movie 'Haider'
- Images: Upcoming Bollywood movies of Sunny Leone
- Alia Bhatt shows off bare thighs, view pics
- Akshay inks Karan Johar's next 'Brothers'
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart