- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It is Mallika Sherawat birthday.
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
- Halle Berry launched lingers
- Pics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan's diwali party
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country