- No Parineeti Chopra is not nude!Priyanka Chopra\'s bold shower scene in QuanticoWhy is Arjun Ramopal worried?7yrs after 26/11: Terrorised places now and thenJuhi says tv is no longer small mediumThe 46th IFFI creating buzz in GoaExclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in Pics
Pro-cam International announces arrangements for route map of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Jeetendra reveals that he used telegraph service to convey his feelings to w
- No Parineeti Chopra is not nude!
- Argentinian filmmaker wants Naseeruddin Shah in Tagore film
- I have started enjoying my work: Manoj Bajpayee
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Snapdeal and Flipkart distances itself from Aamir Khan's remarks
- Rajkumar Hirani on Sanjay Dutt's biopic
- Shah Rukh-Kajol's aura still affects Farah
- Priyanka Chopra's bold shower scene in Quantico
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"