- Expansion plan for Lotus TemplePics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where\'Happy New Year\' talks with US mediaImages: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bikeAditi gets into Chandramukhi modeKatrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drink
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
20th Century Fox and Marvel have decided to release 'X-Men' spin-off 'Deadpool' on Februar
- Pics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
- Images: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?
- Aamir wants no item girls in B-wood
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
- Aditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
- Katrina performs daring stunts in water
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr