- PICS : Bollywood lip-locks of yesteryearsPin-up girls of BollywoodSexy Saiyami to romance Anil Kapoor\'s son HarshvardhanPICS : Preity Zinta\'s IPL moodsMeet Salman's sis' new boyfriend AayushPICS:Alia-Arjun make a sexy couplePICS: Anil Kapoor\'s son HarshvardhanPICS : B'Town stars sans make-upB'day: When controversial Mamata Kulkarni went toplessPICS : Athiya Shetty set for Bollywood
A clean-sweep for Mercedes including a Lewis Hamilton hat-trick has left the rest of Form
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood has over the years become bold and kissing scenes no longer come as a shock.
- Pin-up girls of Bollywood
- Sexy Saiyami to romance Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan
- Asha Bhosle is Kangana’s lucky charm!
- Meet Arpita's new boyfriend Aayush
- Kangana is the best choice for 'Revolver Rani': Kabir
- My parents are critical of my work: Alia
- Ranveer turns rapper for Durex
- PICS:Alia-Arjun make a sexy couple
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.