- Make a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer released
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
All-girls rock band row: JK Grandmufti terms singing un-Islamic Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 08:32:02 AM IST File photo: Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad
Amid support for the All-girls rock band of Kashmir pouring in from all sections of the society, Grandmufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad on Sunday termed singing as "un-Islamic" and asked them to abandon it.
The Grandmufti issued a decree in Srinagar on Sunday, terming singing as un-Islamic.
"I have said that singing is not in accordance with Islamic teachings," Ahmad told media.
The cleric said he has advised the members of the rock band to "abandon" singing as it is against Islamic teachings and will not help them in playing any constructive role in the society.
"Society cannot be built or developed by doing un-Islamic acts like singing. I have advised these girls, and other Muslims as well, to stay within the limits of modesty as prescribed for them," he added.
The all-girls band, which came to limelight in late December last year after their performance at the annual 'Battle of the Bands' competition in Srinagar, had defied the convention by stepping into the male-dominated field of music.
The girls' band has received abusive and hate messages on their Facebook page for defying convention by choosing the field of music.
However, support has been pouring in from all corners on social networking sites for the band and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has also backed them.
Omar came out in support of the girls on Saturday saying police will probe the threats.
"I hope these talented young girls will not let a handful of morons silence them," he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r