- Hot girls of Bhojpuri cinemaWet and wild cover girls'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 croresFirst Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking coupleWhy Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore businessSonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followersFreida Pinto to be a guest star on \'The Mindy Project\'Radhika Apte - The lucky girlSalman\'s tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: Pulkit
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
Anna Hazare calls draft Lokpal bill a farce, threatens agitation Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 05:15:24 PM IST Anna calls Lokpal bill a farce
The 75-year-old anti-graft activist also questioned UPA government's commitment to root out corruption in the country, saying he does not "trust" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi to bring a stringent Bill for creating an anti-corruption ombudsman.
"Both PM and Sonia Gandhi can no more be trusted to bring a stringent Lokpal bill to root out corruption ... Had they been committed to the issue it would not have taken two years to take a concrete decision in this regard," Hazare told reporters.
Hazare while describing the Lokpal Bill approved by the Union Cabinet today as "a farce" said he had written a letter to Sonia in reply to her letter to him seeking clarification whether the proposed bill will be a stringent one and whether CBI and the CVC will be kept out of the government's control.
But she has not responded to these clarifications, he said and trashed the proposed Lokpal Bill. "The Centre is trying to befool the people by going ahead with it."
Hazare said if the government went ahead with the enactment of a 'weak' Lokpal Bill he would launch another agitation. Hazare went on a 12-day fast at the Ramlila grounds in Delhi in August 2011 to press for the Jan Lokpal Bill in an action that shook the nation.
Hazare, who had launched apolitical outfit 'Janatantra Morcha' to work for change of system here yesterday, said he will travel across the country to mobilise people to join his 'crusade'.
He will begin with public meetings in the four states, including in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The names of the other two states will be decided later.
The Morcha will mobilise people to work collectively for rooting out corruption from the country by electing representatives with clean background.
"This way, the central government will be compelled to translate the agenda of Jan Lokpal Bill into action and root out corruption," Hazare said, adding the scourge will be eliminated by about 50-60 per cent if the Lokpal bill as suggested by the civil society comes into force.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See these hot girls from Bhojpuri cinema who are slowly and steadily making an entry into
- Wet and wild cover girls
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' earns 461 crores
- SRK upset over fake teaser of 'Raees'
- First Look of Tamasha shows Deepika-Ranbir as a rocking couple
- Jackman shares teaser image of Wolverine film
- Why Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?
- Case against Salman for defending Yakub
- See how Taj Mahal destoryed in 'Pixel' movie
Two young children who were locked up in a kennel during the day by their grandfather with
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that