- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
Anna Hazare raises question on Modi as PM Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 03:22:41 PM IST File Photo
Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Thursday questioned Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections saying the Gujarat Chief Minister was not sincere about rooting out corruption as he has not taken steps for setting up a Lokayukta, a post lying vacant since 2003 in the state.
"I want to ask Modi why has he not made Gujarat corruption free and why did he not bring a bill for setting up Lokayukta in his state," he said in reply to questions by reporters.
So many complaints of corruption have been coming from Gujarat, he said.
"People are tossing his (Modi's) name for the PM's post ... If he is so good a candidate why did he not bring a strong Lokayukta bill?" Hazare, who launched his 'Janatantra Morcha' here in Patna on Wednesday, said.
"This proves that Modi is not interested in making a corruption-free India," the Gandhian said.
On a question on the probable future PM, he said "Anybody can become PM - what difference will it make ? The country has seen so many prime ministers in the past 65 years what difference has it brought? Change will come only when people will have the independence to choose their PM."
Hazare said he will not accept a 'weak' Lokpal Bill. "Bring a strong Lokpal Bill which can fight for the cause of poor and downtrodden. Then only we will support it."
The Lokpal Bill would be passed in the budget session of Parliament, which commences in the second half of next month, according to a letter by Congress President Sonia Gandhi to Hazare.
On RJD chief Lalu Prasad dubbing his rally as a flop show, Hazare said "People wear glasses of different colours and see the world in that colour itself."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rohit Dhawan's Dishoom, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez, has
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainment
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu