- Famous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, SoorajNo pressure to get married: Gauhar KhanUrvashi did mistake againKatrina Kaif is under no pressure
Reigning world tennis champion Novak Djokovic became a new goodwill ambassador for the UN
Anna Hazare raises question on Modi as PM Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 03:22:41 PM IST File Photo
Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Thursday questioned Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections saying the Gujarat Chief Minister was not sincere about rooting out corruption as he has not taken steps for setting up a Lokayukta, a post lying vacant since 2003 in the state.
"I want to ask Modi why has he not made Gujarat corruption free and why did he not bring a bill for setting up Lokayukta in his state," he said in reply to questions by reporters.
So many complaints of corruption have been coming from Gujarat, he said.
"People are tossing his (Modi's) name for the PM's post ... If he is so good a candidate why did he not bring a strong Lokayukta bill?" Hazare, who launched his 'Janatantra Morcha' here in Patna on Wednesday, said.
"This proves that Modi is not interested in making a corruption-free India," the Gandhian said.
On a question on the probable future PM, he said "Anybody can become PM - what difference will it make ? The country has seen so many prime ministers in the past 65 years what difference has it brought? Change will come only when people will have the independence to choose their PM."
Hazare said he will not accept a 'weak' Lokpal Bill. "Bring a strong Lokpal Bill which can fight for the cause of poor and downtrodden. Then only we will support it."
The Lokpal Bill would be passed in the budget session of Parliament, which commences in the second half of next month, according to a letter by Congress President Sonia Gandhi to Hazare.
On RJD chief Lalu Prasad dubbing his rally as a flop show, Hazare said "People wear glasses of different colours and see the world in that colour itself."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here we bring you the pictures of Bollywood stars with their siblings. Take a look.
- SRK offers help to Karan Johar
- Add Bollywood flavour to Raksha Bandhan
- Review Phantom: 10 reasons to watch it
- Saif Ali does not want Kareena to suffer
- Why Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- 'Phantom' tweet review
- Let’s know about the celebs through their tattoos
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.