- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomPICS: Chicken tikka masala vanishes!
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
Anna Hazare raises question on Modi as PM Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 03:22:41 PM IST File Photo
Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Thursday questioned Narendra Modi as a prime ministerial candidate in the next general elections saying the Gujarat Chief Minister was not sincere about rooting out corruption as he has not taken steps for setting up a Lokayukta, a post lying vacant since 2003 in the state.
"I want to ask Modi why has he not made Gujarat corruption free and why did he not bring a bill for setting up Lokayukta in his state," he said in reply to questions by reporters.
So many complaints of corruption have been coming from Gujarat, he said.
"People are tossing his (Modi's) name for the PM's post ... If he is so good a candidate why did he not bring a strong Lokayukta bill?" Hazare, who launched his 'Janatantra Morcha' here in Patna on Wednesday, said.
"This proves that Modi is not interested in making a corruption-free India," the Gandhian said.
On a question on the probable future PM, he said "Anybody can become PM - what difference will it make ? The country has seen so many prime ministers in the past 65 years what difference has it brought? Change will come only when people will have the independence to choose their PM."
Hazare said he will not accept a 'weak' Lokpal Bill. "Bring a strong Lokpal Bill which can fight for the cause of poor and downtrodden. Then only we will support it."
The Lokpal Bill would be passed in the budget session of Parliament, which commences in the second half of next month, according to a letter by Congress President Sonia Gandhi to Hazare.
On RJD chief Lalu Prasad dubbing his rally as a flop show, Hazare said "People wear glasses of different colours and see the world in that colour itself."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia is a big girl now, she readies to leave her home.
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
In the ever growing smartphone market Nokia has come out with three new models in the Lumi