- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to GaneshaThese stars were threatened by underworldBig B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, AbhishekSushmita Sen's fab body secretsDiana\'s 10 million pound gift to Prince HarryRanbir Kapoor's new passionShah Rukh Khan seeks privacy for AbRamAnushka Sharma romances Sidharth MalhotraHrithik celebrates Ganesh VisarjanB-Town spares Katrina because of Salman
Liverpool's speedy attacking unit produced a 3-0 victory at Tottenham though Mario Balote
Need to revisit Cinematograph Act: Manish Tewari on Vishwaroopam Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 11:27:38 AM IST File Photo
Against the backdrop of controversy surrounding Kamal Haasan's film 'Vishwaroopam', Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Thursday said there was a need to "revisit" the Cinematograph Act to ensure decisions of the Censor Board are implemented.
"Time-cinematographic act revisited to ensure implementational integrity (of) certification decisions, otherwise each state would be its own censor (board)," Tewari posted on the social networking website Twitter.
Tewari had said yesterday that states should implement the decisions of the Censor Board regarding screening of films but refrained from commenting on 'Vishwaroopam', saying the matter was in court.
"Since the High court has once again taken the matter within its purview, it would be inappropriate to comment on it. We would allow the High court to take cognisance of the matter holistically and come to whatever conclusion it considers appropriate. Because it's been a tradition that we do not comment on matters which are sub-judice," Tewari had said.
Haasan yesterday suffered a setback as the Madras High Court stayed the screening of "Vishwaroopam".
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters
- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to Ganesha
- These stars were threatened by underworld
- Big B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, Abhishek
- After threat, Boman Irani gets police protection
- Unwell Amitabh Bachchan cancels film shoot
- Sushmita Sen's fab body secrets
- 'Mary Kom' goes tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Ranbir Kapoor's new passion
A five year old boy found that his mother is pregnant, his reaction was What ..What were
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l