- PICS: Ye hai Bombay meri jaan! Listen songWhy Salman missed Arpita's house warming partySonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: RodricksPriyanka turns brand ambassador of UnnatiTanisha not afraid to \'Go Pink\'PICS of new BMW carsMovies to watch in December 2014Vegetarian delicacies at SAARC retreatTMC members wear black shawl in LSVeena Malik: Queen of controversies
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Rajnath Singh discusses 2014 LS polls with Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 06:03:43 PM IST Newly elected BJP President Rajnath Singh with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during a meeting at his residence in New Delhi on Sunday.
The meeting between Modi, who is talked about as one of the prime contenders in the BJP for the Prime Minister's post, and Singh lasted nearly two hours.
This is the first meeting between Modi and Singh, who took charge as BJP President four days back following dramatic last minute twist which saw Nitin Gadkari, who appeared set for a second term in office, being forced out of the race in the wake of allegations of dubious transactions of his Purti group.
When asked by reporters about the purpose of his visit, Modi said that he had come to convey his best wishes to Singh and added that they had detailed discussions about 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"There was a discussion of 2014. It was quite elaborate discussions," Modi said after he and Singh emerged from the meeting at the BJP President's residence here.
Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh discuss 2014 Lok Sabha polls:
Modi said that he had sought time from Singh to convey his best wishes.
"I had come to congratulate him and ask him what I should do. How should I work ahead. What suggestions he has in relation to the state government. I sought and got his guidance in that respect. BJP's Gujarat unit should be useful in the service of the country, we also had a detailed discussion about that," he said.
Singh said that Modi had telephoned him the day had been elected and then said that he would himself come to greet him.
"We also discussed the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Singh said.
Singh however chose to sidestep questions about Modi being the party's Prime ministerial nominee. "What was to be said, has been said," he retorted.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Pankaj Thakur has made a brilliant piece of ducumantry on drunk and driving titl
- Sonam turns sporty bride for 'Dolly Ki Doli'
- Arts and crafts channel for children
- Why Salman missed Arpita's house warming party
- Sonam most stylish celebrity in Bollywood: Rodricks
- Veena Malik shocked over her conviction
- Priyanka turns brand ambassador of Unnati
- Tanisha not afraid to 'Go Pink'
- Movies to watch in December 2014
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Tablet sales in the country grew by 10 per cent to about 940,000 units in July-September