- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Rajnath Singh discusses 2014 LS polls with Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 06:03:43 PM IST Newly elected BJP President Rajnath Singh with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during a meeting at his residence in New Delhi on Sunday.
The meeting between Modi, who is talked about as one of the prime contenders in the BJP for the Prime Minister's post, and Singh lasted nearly two hours.
This is the first meeting between Modi and Singh, who took charge as BJP President four days back following dramatic last minute twist which saw Nitin Gadkari, who appeared set for a second term in office, being forced out of the race in the wake of allegations of dubious transactions of his Purti group.
When asked by reporters about the purpose of his visit, Modi said that he had come to convey his best wishes to Singh and added that they had detailed discussions about 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"There was a discussion of 2014. It was quite elaborate discussions," Modi said after he and Singh emerged from the meeting at the BJP President's residence here.
Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh discuss 2014 Lok Sabha polls:
Modi said that he had sought time from Singh to convey his best wishes.
"I had come to congratulate him and ask him what I should do. How should I work ahead. What suggestions he has in relation to the state government. I sought and got his guidance in that respect. BJP's Gujarat unit should be useful in the service of the country, we also had a detailed discussion about that," he said.
Singh said that Modi had telephoned him the day had been elected and then said that he would himself come to greet him.
"We also discussed the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Singh said.
Singh however chose to sidestep questions about Modi being the party's Prime ministerial nominee. "What was to be said, has been said," he retorted.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2