- Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?Salman tweets Sooraj Pancholi\'s tattoo from \'Hero\'Bollywood couples who did not go on honeymoonNo aaj ki party song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Indian women go into Saturday's hockey encounter with Japan in the World League Semifinals
Rajnath Singh discusses 2014 LS polls with Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Jan 2013 06:03:43 PM IST Newly elected BJP President Rajnath Singh with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi during a meeting at his residence in New Delhi on Sunday.
The meeting between Modi, who is talked about as one of the prime contenders in the BJP for the Prime Minister's post, and Singh lasted nearly two hours.
This is the first meeting between Modi and Singh, who took charge as BJP President four days back following dramatic last minute twist which saw Nitin Gadkari, who appeared set for a second term in office, being forced out of the race in the wake of allegations of dubious transactions of his Purti group.
When asked by reporters about the purpose of his visit, Modi said that he had come to convey his best wishes to Singh and added that they had detailed discussions about 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"There was a discussion of 2014. It was quite elaborate discussions," Modi said after he and Singh emerged from the meeting at the BJP President's residence here.
Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh discuss 2014 Lok Sabha polls:
Modi said that he had sought time from Singh to convey his best wishes.
"I had come to congratulate him and ask him what I should do. How should I work ahead. What suggestions he has in relation to the state government. I sought and got his guidance in that respect. BJP's Gujarat unit should be useful in the service of the country, we also had a detailed discussion about that," he said.
Singh said that Modi had telephoned him the day had been elected and then said that he would himself come to greet him.
"We also discussed the 2014 Lok Sabha elections," Singh said.
Singh however chose to sidestep questions about Modi being the party's Prime ministerial nominee. "What was to be said, has been said," he retorted.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Aamir Khan is collaborating with Oscar-winning composer A R Rahman for his next
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
- Gaysil Naubert to choreograph
- Hansal Mehta to Make Sanjay Gandhi Biopic
- Pooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for love
- Who first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
- Nargis Fakhri to play Sangeeta Bijlani in biopic 'Azhar'
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe