- Sensational Anushka at London Fashion weekKatrina upset with HrithikHansika:From child actress to \'Sex Siren’, view picsShabana Azmi\'s raging controversiesWho is the cute baby girl in Sakhsi Dhoni’s lap, view picsHollywood calling for Jacqueline FernandezHrithik-Kat at ‘Bang Bang’ title track launch: View PicsRajnikanth stalls release of Main Hoon RajnikanthPICS: Jinping\'s an evening in GujaratXi Jinping savours Gujarati delicacies
With the untimely pull out of two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar, all eyes will be o
Bhutan King chief guest at Republic Day parade Last Updated : 26 Jan 2013 11:07:20 AM IST Bhutan King chief guest at Republic Day parade
Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck was the Chief Guest at the 64th Republic Day Celebrations on Saturday becoming the third emperor from the tiny kingdom to grace the event, signifying the importance that India attaches to its neighbour.
The Oxford-educated 32-year-old Wangchuck and Queen Jetsun Pema, who did her schooling in Himachal Pradesh, are
visiting India for the second time in the past two years.The young king, who is known for inviting his subjects for tea at his palace in the picturesque Bhutanese capital of Thimphu, shares the honour of being the Chief Guest with his father Jigme Singye Wangchuck and grandfather Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.
While Jigme Singye Wangchuck, who abdicated the throne in 2006 in favour of his son, had the honour of being the Chief Guest at the Republic Day celebrations twice in 1984 and 2005,Jigme Dorji Wangchuck received the honour in 1954.
Wangchuck came to Rajpath along with President Pranab Mukherjee escorted by horse-mounted presidential bodyguards. The King, who married his girlfriend Pema in October 2011, was received by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at theVVIP enclosure at the Rajpath following which he greeted him with a "Namaste".
Wangchuck, who attended the National Defence College in the capital, is well-versed with Hindi and is adored by his
subjects for his simplistic nature.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Anushka Sharma made heads turn by her sensational appearance at London fashion week
- Katrina upset with Hrithik
- Hansika:From child actress to 'Sex Siren’, view pics
- Shabana Azmi's raging controversies
- Hollywood calling for Jacqueline Fernandez
- Hrithik-Kat at ‘Bang Bang’ title track launch: View Pics
- ‘Kill Dil’ Trailer out: Watch now
- Rajnikanth stalls release of Main Hoon Rajnikanth
- Hrithik-Katrina look superhot in ‘Bang Bang’ song: Watch
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr