- Fire on \'ABCD 2\' setLeonard Nimoy, Spock on \'Star Trek,\' dead at 83Amitabh to promote road safetyWatch Shah Rukh Khan turning into teenI was in two minds about doing \'Badlapur\': Huma QureshiPriyanka joins American TV show \'Quantico\'Watch incredible bridges\'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of Monica
Mohun Bagan has taken the top spot in the I-League football standings.
Delhi gangrape case: Supreme Court agrees to hear plea on shifting trial Last Updated : 21 Jan 2013 01:56:24 PM IST File Photo
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of one of the six accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder case for shifting the trial to a place outside Delhi.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for Tuesday after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
The case has been assigned to the fast track court where the day-to-day proceedings will begin from today.
The petition said that "due to media reports and agitations and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet ministers, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner".
The accused has sought transfer of the case to Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
There are six accused in the case including a juvenile.
The five other accused --Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and their accomplices Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur -- have been charge with the offences of murder, gangrape, attempt to murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, dacoity, hurting in committing robbery, destruction of evidence, criminal conspiracy and common intention under IPC.
All the accused had gangraped the 23-year-old student in a moving bus on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sunny Leone is seen scorching the screen in the first look of Leela with her bold acts.
- Pics:Adnan Sami applies for Indian Citizenship
- Jacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on Instagram
- Character is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Kangana to romance Saif in 'The Devotion of Suspect X'
- OMG!Sonam Kapoor down with swine flu
- Pakistan Loses Historic Taj Mahal Cinema
- Fire on 'ABCD 2' set
- Tax penalty on Actor Robert De Niro
The first 'selfie' taken in space by NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin in 1966 has fetched almost
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w