- Trending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politicsMiley and Katy catfight after kissPICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beautiesPICS: Siddharth romancing Kohli\'s exPICS: When celebs talk sex, virginity and one-night stand
Here is a quick look at some of the prominent Indian women sports-persons who have done
Delhi gangrape case: Supreme Court agrees to hear plea on shifting trial Last Updated : 21 Jan 2013 01:56:24 PM IST File Photo
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of one of the six accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder case for shifting the trial to a place outside Delhi.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for Tuesday after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
The case has been assigned to the fast track court where the day-to-day proceedings will begin from today.
The petition said that "due to media reports and agitations and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet ministers, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner".
The accused has sought transfer of the case to Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
There are six accused in the case including a juvenile.
The five other accused --Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and their accomplices Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur -- have been charge with the offences of murder, gangrape, attempt to murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, dacoity, hurting in committing robbery, destruction of evidence, criminal conspiracy and common intention under IPC.
All the accused had gangraped the 23-year-old student in a moving bus on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
One of the most eligible bachelors in the Hindi film industry is in no mood to settle down
- Miley and Katy catfight after kiss
- OMG!!! Sunny Leone looks scary
- Arjun Kapoor: Meet the new serial kisser of B-town
- Gulaab Gang is all about Women Empowerment
- OMG! Siddharth Mallya shoves his hand inside Kat’s top
- Elli Avram staying in Salman's house!
- Women’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
- Amitabh Bachchan was in love with Waheeda Rehman
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric