- Devotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: John
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Delhi gangrape case: Supreme Court agrees to hear plea on shifting trial Last Updated : 21 Jan 2013 01:56:24 PM IST File Photo
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of one of the six accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder case for shifting the trial to a place outside Delhi.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for Tuesday after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
The case has been assigned to the fast track court where the day-to-day proceedings will begin from today.
The petition said that "due to media reports and agitations and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet ministers, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner".
The accused has sought transfer of the case to Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
There are six accused in the case including a juvenile.
The five other accused --Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and their accomplices Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur -- have been charge with the offences of murder, gangrape, attempt to murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, dacoity, hurting in committing robbery, destruction of evidence, criminal conspiracy and common intention under IPC.
All the accused had gangraped the 23-year-old student in a moving bus on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is too tough to be true, but our sources suggest that Aishwwarya Rai has no problem w
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret