- PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SA
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Delhi gangrape case: Supreme Court agrees to hear plea on shifting trial Last Updated : 21 Jan 2013 01:56:24 PM IST File Photo
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of one of the six accused in the December 16 gangrape and murder case for shifting the trial to a place outside Delhi.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for Tuesday after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
The case has been assigned to the fast track court where the day-to-day proceedings will begin from today.
The petition said that "due to media reports and agitations and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet ministers, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner".
The accused has sought transfer of the case to Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
There are six accused in the case including a juvenile.
The five other accused --Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and their accomplices Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur -- have been charge with the offences of murder, gangrape, attempt to murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, dacoity, hurting in committing robbery, destruction of evidence, criminal conspiracy and common intention under IPC.
All the accused had gangraped the 23-year-old student in a moving bus on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Baahubali" director SS Rajamouli says he is not interested in awards and does not "see an
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
- Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl