- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Rio De Janeiro authorities will distribute free tickets for next month's Paralympic Games
Dreamliner grounded till DGCA clearance: Minister Last Updated : 17 Jan 2013 01:06:12 PM IST Minister on Dreamliner
"Certainly, we will not fly the Dreamliner until the FAA and our own DGCA give clearance," he told reporters here.
The Minister's statement came after national carrier Air India grounded all its six Boeing-787 Dreamliner planes after a global directive by FAA to stop operations of all the 50 such planes delivered so far to various airlines.
On the extent of seriousness of the problem with the aircraft, Singh said, "How long it will take, we will all know only in a couple of days but there are about 50 dreamliners in operations for more than a year, therefore more than 50,000 miles. So let us hope they can find a solution soon."
The Minister said he had talked to the FAA and the US regulator has said that "it will check all the planes, entire system because of this battery problem".
He said the DGCA was constantly in touch with the FAA and "what I think and what I know is that Boeing has to come with a plan for the FAA to test all the electrical system and batteries."
"When that plan comes up, we will also test them but basically first FAA has to approve that they are safe to fly," Singh said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A few days after Samajwadi Party (SP) senior leader and Rajya Sabha member Amar Singh thr
- Don't have aptitude to join politics: Sonakshi
- Emma Roberts back with former fiance?
- All my roles had potential to stereotype me: Swara
- Really wanted a granddaughter: Neelima Azeem
- Know more about Neha Dhupia
- Shahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parents
- Jacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh Singh
- Jhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an