- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
India outplayed Pakistan 3-1 to set up a title showdown with hosts Bangladesh in the Under
Dreamliner grounded till DGCA clearance: Minister Last Updated : 17 Jan 2013 01:06:12 PM IST Minister on Dreamliner
"Certainly, we will not fly the Dreamliner until the FAA and our own DGCA give clearance," he told reporters here.
The Minister's statement came after national carrier Air India grounded all its six Boeing-787 Dreamliner planes after a global directive by FAA to stop operations of all the 50 such planes delivered so far to various airlines.
On the extent of seriousness of the problem with the aircraft, Singh said, "How long it will take, we will all know only in a couple of days but there are about 50 dreamliners in operations for more than a year, therefore more than 50,000 miles. So let us hope they can find a solution soon."
The Minister said he had talked to the FAA and the US regulator has said that "it will check all the planes, entire system because of this battery problem".
He said the DGCA was constantly in touch with the FAA and "what I think and what I know is that Boeing has to come with a plan for the FAA to test all the electrical system and batteries."
"When that plan comes up, we will also test them but basically first FAA has to approve that they are safe to fly," Singh said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The acclaimed Indian filmmaker, who is garnering plaudits for making "Queen of Katwe" with
- Shivaay makers deny featuring Pakistani actress
- This is how Kat wished Ranbir on his birthday
- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold Story
- Pakistani cinemas stop screening of Indian films
- Don't mess with the Indian Army, says Big B
- Watch first trailer of 'Force 2'
- Don't want to do destructive roles: John
- Love is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir Kapoor
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret