- Bollywood's all time romantic couples!What do Bollywood celebs fear?Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan JoharHollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun KapoorPromise Day 2016 wallpaper, images and greetingsBeyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star now
Nestle has terminated a sponsorship programme with world athletics' governing body (IAAF)
India-Pak flag meeting in Poonch on Monday Last Updated : 13 Jan 2013 06:15:28 PM IST India-Pak flag meeting
At the flag meeting, the Indian side is expected to strongly protest the Pakistani intrusion and the beheading of a soldier and demand the return of the severed head believed to have been carried by Pakistani army regulars as a trophy after the killing of two soldiers on January eight.
"Brigade Commanders' flag meeting is being held tomorrow at Chakan-Da-Bagh LoC point in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir at noon," Public Relation Officer (PRO), Defence, Col R K Palta told.
Pakistan agreed for the flag meeting in a communication through a hotline in the sector, he said, adding, "We had sought the flag meeting of the brigade commanders of the two sides."
The Indian Army had sent a hotline message to the Pakistan Army on January 11 and asked for a flag meeting to discuss the issues of brutal killing of two jawans by Pakistani troops, reportedly belonging to 29 Baloch Regiment, and increasing incidents of firing and ceasefire violations in the Poonch sector.
Pakistan's High Commissioner Salman Bashir has already been summoned in Delhi by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai who lodged a strong protest over Pakistani Army action in which the two soldiers were killed and their bodies were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation".
Confidence Building Measures (CMBs) of cross-LoC trade and travel are also expected to come up for discussion during the flag meeting.
Pakistan has suspended cross-LoC trade and travel at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch sector since Thursday and Friday respectively.
The overnight exchange of fire along the LoC in Krishnagati in Poonch sector involved small arms and mortars and continued intermittently till 0200 hours on Sunday.
"Movement of 6 to 7 persons was detected close to LoC opposite Krishnagati sub-sector in Poonch sector around 2145 hours yesterday," Col Palta said.
Troops, guarding the borderline with Pakistan, opened fire on them, he said, adding after that heavy fire was exchanged between two sides.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When we talk about Valentine's day, how can we forget our most romantic Bollywood couples?
- Mallika Sherawat clicks Power selfie with Obama
- Shraddha Kapoor to croon for 'Baaghi
- What do Bollywood celebs fear?
- Bollywood film "Neerja" banned in Pakistan
- Rakesh Roshan reserved the release date for Hrithik Roshan's Kaabil
- Katrina bored with 'hardworking' tag, wants poetic adjectives
- 'Kapoor and Sons' special to all of us: Karan Johar
- Hollywood not everybody's cup of tea: Arjun Kapoor
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.