- \'Mardaani\' review in picsImages: Meet Shruti Haasan\'s sis Akshara who makes debut in ShamitabhImages: These Bollywood stars did not graduateHot foreign beauties in B-WoodImages: Upcoming Bollywood movies of Sunny LeoneAlia Bhatt shows off bare thighs, view picsPICS: Protest over proposed Gandhi statue in LondonBarbara Mori ties knot again?Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view picsSonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view pics
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
India-Pak flag meeting in Poonch on Monday Last Updated : 13 Jan 2013 06:15:28 PM IST India-Pak flag meeting
At the flag meeting, the Indian side is expected to strongly protest the Pakistani intrusion and the beheading of a soldier and demand the return of the severed head believed to have been carried by Pakistani army regulars as a trophy after the killing of two soldiers on January eight.
"Brigade Commanders' flag meeting is being held tomorrow at Chakan-Da-Bagh LoC point in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir at noon," Public Relation Officer (PRO), Defence, Col R K Palta told.
Pakistan agreed for the flag meeting in a communication through a hotline in the sector, he said, adding, "We had sought the flag meeting of the brigade commanders of the two sides."
The Indian Army had sent a hotline message to the Pakistan Army on January 11 and asked for a flag meeting to discuss the issues of brutal killing of two jawans by Pakistani troops, reportedly belonging to 29 Baloch Regiment, and increasing incidents of firing and ceasefire violations in the Poonch sector.
Pakistan's High Commissioner Salman Bashir has already been summoned in Delhi by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai who lodged a strong protest over Pakistani Army action in which the two soldiers were killed and their bodies were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation".
Confidence Building Measures (CMBs) of cross-LoC trade and travel are also expected to come up for discussion during the flag meeting.
Pakistan has suspended cross-LoC trade and travel at Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch sector since Thursday and Friday respectively.
The overnight exchange of fire along the LoC in Krishnagati in Poonch sector involved small arms and mortars and continued intermittently till 0200 hours on Sunday.
"Movement of 6 to 7 persons was detected close to LoC opposite Krishnagati sub-sector in Poonch sector around 2145 hours yesterday," Col Palta said.
Troops, guarding the borderline with Pakistan, opened fire on them, he said, adding after that heavy fire was exchanged between two sides.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Mardani' movie review in pictures. Have a look of some still scenes.
- Images: Meet Shruti Haasan's sis Akshara who makes debut in Shamitabh
- Images: These Bollywood stars did not graduate
- Hot foreign beauties in B-Wood
- Video: Akshay Kumar takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, nominates Salman Khan
- Watch Bismil song from movie 'Haider'
- Images: Upcoming Bollywood movies of Sunny Leone
- Alia Bhatt shows off bare thighs, view pics
- Akshay inks Karan Johar's next 'Brothers'
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart