- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami GautamCamera loved Smita Patil: Shyam BenegalPhiladelphia's thanksgiving paradeKnow why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Tension prevails along Indo-Pak border Last Updated : 11 Jan 2013 01:47:44 PM IST Tension prevails along Indo-Pak border
Tension on Friday prevailed along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir where Army was on alert after repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops.
"The borderline with Pakistan is tense. But the situation is under control (along Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir)", an Army official said today. The level of tension has increased after Pakistani troops violated ceasefire continuously and also closed the gates for cross-LoC trade yesterday.
The Army is maintaining utmost vigilance along the borderline with Pakistan, he said, adding troops have been asked to remain alert round-the-clock. "There was no ceasefire violations along Indo-Pak border this morning," Defence spokesman Col R K Palta said.
However, Pakistan troops had violated ceasefire and fired mortars shells and small arms on Indian posts along LoC in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district from 5 PM to 9.30 PM yesterday, the spokesman said.
Indian troops guarding the borderline effectively retaliated resulting in exchanges, he said, adding that there was no casualty or injury to any one in the firing on theIndian side. Pakistani troops had fired at nine posts -- Chatri, Atma,Helmet, Prakash, Chatyal, Khera-I, Khera-II, Roshni and Gunhill posts in the sector from its posts Kanal, Barmoch,Jungle-1, Jungle-2, Dhamas, Prench, New post, Daruchiymia,Teer, LP-1, LP-2 and LP-3.
Yesterday's ceasefire was the third ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops along Poonch sector after they intruded into Indian territory and killed two jawans.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl