- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Assuring "all possible help" to the Indian contingent at the Rio Olympic Games 2016, sched
Tension prevails along Indo-Pak border Last Updated : 11 Jan 2013 01:47:44 PM IST Tension prevails along Indo-Pak border
Tension on Friday prevailed along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir where Army was on alert after repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops.
"The borderline with Pakistan is tense. But the situation is under control (along Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir)", an Army official said today. The level of tension has increased after Pakistani troops violated ceasefire continuously and also closed the gates for cross-LoC trade yesterday.
The Army is maintaining utmost vigilance along the borderline with Pakistan, he said, adding troops have been asked to remain alert round-the-clock. "There was no ceasefire violations along Indo-Pak border this morning," Defence spokesman Col R K Palta said.
However, Pakistan troops had violated ceasefire and fired mortars shells and small arms on Indian posts along LoC in Krishnagati sector of Poonch district from 5 PM to 9.30 PM yesterday, the spokesman said.
Indian troops guarding the borderline effectively retaliated resulting in exchanges, he said, adding that there was no casualty or injury to any one in the firing on theIndian side. Pakistani troops had fired at nine posts -- Chatri, Atma,Helmet, Prakash, Chatyal, Khera-I, Khera-II, Roshni and Gunhill posts in the sector from its posts Kanal, Barmoch,Jungle-1, Jungle-2, Dhamas, Prench, New post, Daruchiymia,Teer, LP-1, LP-2 and LP-3.
Yesterday's ceasefire was the third ceasefire violation by Pakistan troops along Poonch sector after they intruded into Indian territory and killed two jawans.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress-filmmaker Divya Khosla Kumar says that clothes for all body sizes should be showca
- Beyonce praised for empowering people through music
- 'Dishoom' packs a punch at box office
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainment
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu