- Twitterati targets Anushka over Virat\'s poor showBajaj launches Pulsar RS 200Goa village bans kissing in publicWhy Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?Was BCCI right in banning WAGS from meeting their spouses?Is Anushka the real reason for India losing the semi finals?Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!Navratra day7: How to pray for Goddess KalratriDisclosed: What are Anushka and Virat doing secretly in Australia?Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
Top-seeded Indian Grandmaster Koneru Humpy scored a fine positional victory overTingjei Le
Gangrape of paramedic well-planned, police says in chargesheet Last Updated : 04 Jan 2013 12:18:02 PM IST File Photo
Several charges, including that of murder were filed against all the five adult accused in the gang rape case in which a 23-year-old Delhi girl lost her life.
The prosecution alleged that the crime was executed in a "well-planned" manner. "We have invoked section 120-B as all the six accused have committed the crime in a well-planned manner," public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan told reporters.
"Each one of them has a specific role in the commission of the offence. So they are equally liable for the crime. We have sufficient evidence against all the accused including the juvenile offender," he said.
Mohan said the DNA report has established the involvement of all the accused in the crime.
The five accused — Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and their accomplices Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur — have been charged for the offences of murder, gang rape, attempt to murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, dacoity, hurting in committing robbery, destruction of evidence, criminal conspiracy and common intention under the Indian Penal Code.
The case of the sixth accused, a juvenile, will be filed before the Juvenile Justice Board.
In the 33-page chargesheet with annexures running into several hundred pages, was filed before metropolitan magistrate Surya Malik Grover with the prosecution urging the court to keep the document in a sealed cover to protect the identity of the victim and that the proceedings be held in-camera.
The court has posted the matter for hearing on January 5 before the area magistrate who is expected to commit it to sessions for trial.
The male friend's maternal uncle, who is also an advocate, told reporters that he would keep a tab on daily proceedings and if the police fails to take up the case properly during the trial, he would move the high court for redressal.
He also said he would also move the high court requesting "for treating the juvenile at par with the other co-accused."
The filing of the chargesheet in the jam-packed court did not go without drama. Before the proceedings, the courtroom was locked from inside and was opened only after the lawyers protested.
The chargesheet was filed at 5.30pm, 30 minutes after the normal court hours.
This prompted the judge to ask the public prosecutor for the reason behind filing the chargesheet at the late hour. Mohan said the investigators took time to put bulky documents along with the chargesheet in an orderly manner.
Later, he told reporters that the chargesheet would be filed against the juvenile offender shortly and the documentation work for that is less taxing than that in the case of the other accused.
He also said as per the law the court will also hold an inquiry to ascertain the age of the juvenile.
A woman advocate, who is empanelled with the Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA), said in any case the accused would be provided with legal aid.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rishi Kapoor, opened up his heart during an interview. He says that though Ranbir Kapoor r
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
- Are Sara Khan and Pratyusha Banerjee lesbians?
- Pics: seven hot kisses of Ranbir-Anushka in Bombay Velvet
- PICS:Nargis Fakhri looks Stunning in AsiaSpa cover
- Sidharth, Alia in 'Kapoor and Sons'
- Sunny Leone feels India is not a sex-starved country, but why?
- I am so so happy: Shahid on big win for 'Haider'
- Evans,Collins seen together at dinner
A video of a girl getting ready to have a bath is going viral on the internet.
Samsung launched its flagship Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge smartphones in India on Monday,