- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card partyBill Clinton\'s Girlfriend Monica Lewinsky joins TwitterEngagement on cards for Anushka-Virat!Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra celebrates Diwali with friends
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Naming anti-rape law after girl will be an honour: Family Last Updated : 02 Jan 2013 12:02:03 PM IST Delhi gangrape victim died in Singapore on Saturday
A day after Union Minister Shashi Tharoor favoured naming the revised anti-rape law after Delhi gang-rape victim, her family members on Wednesday said they have no objection to it and the move would be an honour to the girl.
The family members of the 23-year-old girl said that "if her name is made public for this purpose, they have no objection to it".
Talking to media, the father and brother of the girl said that "if the government names the revised anti-rape law after her, they have no objection and it would be an honour to her".
Tharoor had on Tuesday favoured making public the identity of the gang-rape victim wondering what interest was served by keeping her name under wraps.
Tharoor, the Minister of State for Human Resources Development, had also said the revised anti-rape legislation should be named after the victim if her parents do not have any objection.
"Wondering what interest is served by continuing anonymity of #DelhGangRape victim. Why not name&honour her as a real person w/own identity?" he asked on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Unless her parents object, she should be honoured&the revised anti-rape law named after her. She was a human being w/a name,not just a symbol," Tharoor, who is known for speaking his mind, said.
On reports of Telugu filmmaker Ramana Gaddam planning to make changes in his upcoming film to highlight the brutal gangrape, the girl's brother said before doing so he should meet them and give information about the storyline.
He said the director would have to clarify what he wants to portray in the movie.
Asked about the financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh announced by the Uttar Pradesh government and assistance of Rs 15 lakh and job announced by Delhi government, the brother said though announcements have been made, they are yet to receive the assistance.
However, the girl's father said he was satisfied with the announcements made by the government.
The family members termed as misleading reports in the media that the girl was about to get married.
On a question regarding police charge sheet in the case, the brother said they do not want to comment on the issue and only want justice.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio was seen enjoying a friendly tennis match with his girlfr
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
- Rekha's vanity van tantrums
- Cop rescues Ashish Vidyarthi from drowning on set
- Aamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country