- Kate Upton named sexiest womanMeet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti HaasanTop ten super hot girls of 2014Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfieIndia launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacre
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Naming anti-rape law after girl will be an honour: Family Last Updated : 02 Jan 2013 12:02:03 PM IST Delhi gangrape victim died in Singapore on Saturday
A day after Union Minister Shashi Tharoor favoured naming the revised anti-rape law after Delhi gang-rape victim, her family members on Wednesday said they have no objection to it and the move would be an honour to the girl.
The family members of the 23-year-old girl said that "if her name is made public for this purpose, they have no objection to it".
Talking to media, the father and brother of the girl said that "if the government names the revised anti-rape law after her, they have no objection and it would be an honour to her".
Tharoor had on Tuesday favoured making public the identity of the gang-rape victim wondering what interest was served by keeping her name under wraps.
Tharoor, the Minister of State for Human Resources Development, had also said the revised anti-rape legislation should be named after the victim if her parents do not have any objection.
"Wondering what interest is served by continuing anonymity of #DelhGangRape victim. Why not name&honour her as a real person w/own identity?" he asked on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Unless her parents object, she should be honoured&the revised anti-rape law named after her. She was a human being w/a name,not just a symbol," Tharoor, who is known for speaking his mind, said.
On reports of Telugu filmmaker Ramana Gaddam planning to make changes in his upcoming film to highlight the brutal gangrape, the girl's brother said before doing so he should meet them and give information about the storyline.
He said the director would have to clarify what he wants to portray in the movie.
Asked about the financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh announced by the Uttar Pradesh government and assistance of Rs 15 lakh and job announced by Delhi government, the brother said though announcements have been made, they are yet to receive the assistance.
However, the girl's father said he was satisfied with the announcements made by the government.
The family members termed as misleading reports in the media that the girl was about to get married.
On a question regarding police charge sheet in the case, the brother said they do not want to comment on the issue and only want justice.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress-model Kate Upton has been crowned the Sexiest Woman alive award by People magazine
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
- Man spends USD 150K to look like Kim K
- Top ten spicy controversies of Aamir Khan
- Sajid Nadiadwala's Next Project to go on Floors This Year
- Ten Bollywood scandals of 2014
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer