- Mumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's receptionFirst teaser of 'Azhar' unveiledTWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all wayUnknown facts about 12 class CBSE topper M GayatriPriyanka caught having sex in carSalma defends banning of selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'Mumbai Indians capture 2nd IPL title
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Delhi gangrape victim cremated in India Last Updated : 30 Dec 2012 12:10:25 PM IST Delhi gangrape victim died in Singapore on Saturday, cremated on Sunday
The mortal remains were flown to the capital in a Special Aircraft of Air India and after landing at IGI airport, the plane was taken to its technical area where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi were present to receive the body.
Both Singh and Gandhi spoke to the family members and consoled them.
The body was cremated at around 7:35 am on Sunday morning.
Rreligious rituals were performed before taking it to the crematorium amid heavy deployment of Delhi Police and RAF personnel.
The cremation took place under a dense cover of fog.
Media was not allowed in the crematorium.
A Special aircraft of Air India carrying the mortal remains of the victim, who died in Mount Elizebeth hospital on Saturday morning, landed at IGI airport in New Delhi at around 3.30 am.
The girl, a physiotherapy student, was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six men in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16 night. She died on Saturday morning.
While undergoing treatment at Safdarjung hospital, she was shifted to the Singapore hospital for further treatment.
The aircraft AIC-380A took off from Singapore at around 12:30 AM local time (10:00 PM IST Saturday), Indian High Commission officials said.
On the chartered plane, sent by the Indian government, were her family members who have been in Singapore since the girl was brought to the hospital here in an extremely critical condition.
The victim, who underwent three surgeries, had damaged internal organs in the assault. She also suffered a cardiac arrest and brain injury.
Police have slapped murder charges, which has death penalty in rarest of rare cases, against the six accused and will file the chargesheet against them on January three.
Investigators said they will seek the harshest punishment for the culprits.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan attended sister Arpita wedding reception in Mandi.
- First teaser of 'Azhar' unveiled
- Rutherford win custody battle
- Kim Kardashian celebrates anniversary
- Katy Perry avoiding ex-husband
- Gallagher sick of mistakes
- TWMR: Watch one Kangna get one free, and it is a joyride all way
- Naomi Campbell had "the best birthday in the world"
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara passed away
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and