- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees BazmeeHappy with \'Phantom\' response, says SaifKangana is content being singleHot cover girls of September 2015Sonam is hot, says HrithikI have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John AbrahamSonam impressed by Hrithik\'s humilityParineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John Abraham
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Delhi gangrape victim cremated in India Last Updated : 30 Dec 2012 12:10:25 PM IST Delhi gangrape victim died in Singapore on Saturday, cremated on Sunday
The mortal remains were flown to the capital in a Special Aircraft of Air India and after landing at IGI airport, the plane was taken to its technical area where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi were present to receive the body.
Both Singh and Gandhi spoke to the family members and consoled them.
The body was cremated at around 7:35 am on Sunday morning.
Rreligious rituals were performed before taking it to the crematorium amid heavy deployment of Delhi Police and RAF personnel.
The cremation took place under a dense cover of fog.
Media was not allowed in the crematorium.
A Special aircraft of Air India carrying the mortal remains of the victim, who died in Mount Elizebeth hospital on Saturday morning, landed at IGI airport in New Delhi at around 3.30 am.
The girl, a physiotherapy student, was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six men in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16 night. She died on Saturday morning.
While undergoing treatment at Safdarjung hospital, she was shifted to the Singapore hospital for further treatment.
The aircraft AIC-380A took off from Singapore at around 12:30 AM local time (10:00 PM IST Saturday), Indian High Commission officials said.
On the chartered plane, sent by the Indian government, were her family members who have been in Singapore since the girl was brought to the hospital here in an extremely critical condition.
The victim, who underwent three surgeries, had damaged internal organs in the assault. She also suffered a cardiac arrest and brain injury.
Police have slapped murder charges, which has death penalty in rarest of rare cases, against the six accused and will file the chargesheet against them on January three.
Investigators said they will seek the harshest punishment for the culprits.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor, who turned a year-old on Friday, September 4, ushered in his b
- Aadesh Shrivastava critical, doctors stop chemo
- 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' trailer released: Watch now
- SRK reaches 15m fan following on Twitter
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
- Amanda Peterson no more
- Salman to shoot for 'Bigg Boss 9' promos in Karjat
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.