- Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopensAishwarya Rai\'s returns on Vogue India cover\'Dum Laga Ke Haisha\' will release internationally: AyushmannBollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina DesaiShahrukh Khan thanks Chunky PandeyAmitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar\'s receptionWho has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?Unknown facts about hot Shraddha KapoorAir pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi Pednekar
A total of 26 football players will play for preliminary qualification round 1 for 2018 FI
Delhi gangrape victim cremated in India Last Updated : 30 Dec 2012 12:10:25 PM IST Delhi gangrape victim died in Singapore on Saturday, cremated on Sunday
The mortal remains were flown to the capital in a Special Aircraft of Air India and after landing at IGI airport, the plane was taken to its technical area where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi were present to receive the body.
Both Singh and Gandhi spoke to the family members and consoled them.
The body was cremated at around 7:35 am on Sunday morning.
Rreligious rituals were performed before taking it to the crematorium amid heavy deployment of Delhi Police and RAF personnel.
The cremation took place under a dense cover of fog.
Media was not allowed in the crematorium.
A Special aircraft of Air India carrying the mortal remains of the victim, who died in Mount Elizebeth hospital on Saturday morning, landed at IGI airport in New Delhi at around 3.30 am.
The girl, a physiotherapy student, was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six men in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16 night. She died on Saturday morning.
While undergoing treatment at Safdarjung hospital, she was shifted to the Singapore hospital for further treatment.
The aircraft AIC-380A took off from Singapore at around 12:30 AM local time (10:00 PM IST Saturday), Indian High Commission officials said.
On the chartered plane, sent by the Indian government, were her family members who have been in Singapore since the girl was brought to the hospital here in an extremely critical condition.
The victim, who underwent three surgeries, had damaged internal organs in the assault. She also suffered a cardiac arrest and brain injury.
Police have slapped murder charges, which has death penalty in rarest of rare cases, against the six accused and will file the chargesheet against them on January three.
Investigators said they will seek the harshest punishment for the culprits.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap, World beauty Aishwarya Rai Bachchan sizzled on the cover of Vogue magaz
- 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha' will release internationally: Ayushmann
- Bollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina Desai
- Shahrukh Khan thanks Chunky Pandey
- Amitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar's reception
- Who has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?
- Lady Gaga suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Unknown facts about hot Shraddha Kapoor
- Hit-and-run case: Court turns down prosecution plea
The country's oldest Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopened on Tuesday, March 3.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w