- Two million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?Sunny Leone is the Jane of \'Tarzan\'
She has proved she has the punch that even almost 10 year young cannot match. She is Mary
Sonia, PM promise speedy justice in Delhi Gangrape case Last Updated : 28 Dec 2012 02:08:00 PM IST Gangrape case: Sonia, PM say the guilty will not be spared
On the occasion of 127th Foundation day of Indian National Congress,party chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday stressed that no time should be lost in bringing the perpetrators of the barbaric gangrape to justice while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the guilty will not be spared.
Addressing the media on the sidelines of the 127th Foundation Day of Congress at AICC headquarters , both Gandhi and Singh said they shared the anguish and the anger of the country over the December 16 incident.
Gandhi, who usually extends New Year wishes on this occasion skipped doing so, saying, "Our thoughts are with the young woman, who is fighting for her life after the barbarous attack on her.
"And our only wish today is that she recovers and that comes back to us and that no time is lost in bringing the perpetrators of such barbarous act to justice," Gandhi said in a voice choked with emotions after hoisting the party flag at 24 Akbar Road.
The Prime Minister, who stood by her side, gave the asssurance that "our government is committed to bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible."
A few days after he was widely criticised for his speech over the issue, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today assured the nation that the government was committed to brining the perpetrators of the brutal Delhi gangrape case to justice.
“We share the anguish and anger of the country over this heinous crime. Our prayers with the brave young girl,” Singh said.
Gandhi also held a meeting at the party headquarters with Singh, senior ministers and leaders including Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit,where the issue is learnt to have come up.
Rahul Gandhi was not present during programme. Shinde was seen talking to Dikshit for long during the ceremony. The gangrape issue was earlier raised prominently at the Congress Core Group meeting chaired by Gandhi and attended by the Prime Minister on Tuesday during which the Congress President is learnt to have said that there is a need for police to address the issue with greater sensitivity.
During the meeting, the Home Minister had given a detailed briefing of the steps being taken by the government to enhance security in the city after the incident as well as the action taken so far in the gangrape case.
The 23-year-old gang-rape victim, battling for life at Safdarjung Hospti al where she was admitted on December 16,was shifted to the super specialty Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December The victim was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a
moving bus and thrown out in south Delhi.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Salman Khan, Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has made derogatory remark against Mr Pe
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
- MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?
- OMG! SRK’s son Aryan’s lookalike's MMS goes viral on WhatsApp
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
- Revenge time in Bigg Boss 8
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind