- Hot cover girls of September 2015Sonam is hot, says HrithikI have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John AbrahamSonam impressed by Hrithik\'s humilityParineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John AbrahamBigg Boss 9: Let’s know the possible contestants of the showWill Radhe Maa enter Bigg Boss 9?These figures support Kangana's frustrations
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Sonia, PM promise speedy justice in Delhi Gangrape case Last Updated : 28 Dec 2012 02:08:00 PM IST Gangrape case: Sonia, PM say the guilty will not be spared
On the occasion of 127th Foundation day of Indian National Congress,party chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday stressed that no time should be lost in bringing the perpetrators of the barbaric gangrape to justice while Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the guilty will not be spared.
Addressing the media on the sidelines of the 127th Foundation Day of Congress at AICC headquarters , both Gandhi and Singh said they shared the anguish and the anger of the country over the December 16 incident.
Gandhi, who usually extends New Year wishes on this occasion skipped doing so, saying, "Our thoughts are with the young woman, who is fighting for her life after the barbarous attack on her.
"And our only wish today is that she recovers and that comes back to us and that no time is lost in bringing the perpetrators of such barbarous act to justice," Gandhi said in a voice choked with emotions after hoisting the party flag at 24 Akbar Road.
The Prime Minister, who stood by her side, gave the asssurance that "our government is committed to bringing the guilty to justice as soon as possible."
A few days after he was widely criticised for his speech over the issue, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today assured the nation that the government was committed to brining the perpetrators of the brutal Delhi gangrape case to justice.
“We share the anguish and anger of the country over this heinous crime. Our prayers with the brave young girl,” Singh said.
Gandhi also held a meeting at the party headquarters with Singh, senior ministers and leaders including Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit,where the issue is learnt to have come up.
Rahul Gandhi was not present during programme. Shinde was seen talking to Dikshit for long during the ceremony. The gangrape issue was earlier raised prominently at the Congress Core Group meeting chaired by Gandhi and attended by the Prime Minister on Tuesday during which the Congress President is learnt to have said that there is a need for police to address the issue with greater sensitivity.
During the meeting, the Home Minister had given a detailed briefing of the steps being taken by the government to enhance security in the city after the incident as well as the action taken so far in the gangrape case.
The 23-year-old gang-rape victim, battling for life at Safdarjung Hospti al where she was admitted on December 16,was shifted to the super specialty Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December The victim was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a
moving bus and thrown out in south Delhi.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See in pics the hot cover girls of September 2015.
- Obsessed Karan Johar expresses his love for benches
- Sonam is hot, says Hrithik
- Aadesh Shrivastava’s condition is critical
- I have beautiful relationship with Akshay: John Abraham
- Sonam impressed by Hrithik's humility
- This is what Hrithik said on linkup with Kangana
- Parineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'
- Hrithik signs film starring Deepika Padukone
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.