- ICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hype
Teenage Brazil striker Gabriel Barbosa is close to joining Juventus for 20 million euros.
Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation' Last Updated : 27 Dec 2012 02:37:10 PM IST Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation'
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday walked out of the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in Delhi accusing the Centre of "stifling" the voice of Chief Ministers by restricting their speeches to 10 minutes.
Coming out of the Vigyan Bhawan, the venue of the meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said it was a "big humiliation" for her to be stopped from completing her speech at the NDC meeting.
She said the Centre came out with a "new method" of limiting the speeches of Chief Ministers to 10 minutes which was not enough to articulate their views.
Sources said each Chief Minister was alloted 10 minutes and was forewarned. Jayalalithaa had come to Page 10 out of her 28-page speech when the bell rang, they said. Jayalalithaa immediately left for Chennai cutting short her stay.
Jayalalithaa said she had come prepared with several points to "enlighten the interest of Tamil Nadu and the interest of the nation."
"But I was told only 10 minutes will be allowed to each CM. On that, if we speak beyond the alloted 10 minutes then a bell would ring. I began my speech and as the 10 minutes were up, they rang a bell. It was a big humiliation," she said.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said there had been many occasions where the Chief Ministers were allowed to speak for 25 to 35 minutes. "To show my protest, I have walked out of the NDC meeting because the plan document itself is so lengthy and encompasses so many subjects...Just by allowing 10 minutes and humiliating us in this way, they need not have to call us all the way to Delhi to participate in this meeting," she said.
"It stifled the voice of the Chief Ministers who are in the opposition," she said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sony SAB in partnership with Twitter has launched an innovative and first of its kind soci
- Punjab's teen singer takes caste voice to a new high
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, support
- Akshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'
- Nana ,Shyam Kaushal reminisce about their brotherly bond
- After director's exit, Sabash Naidu team reshuffled
- VIDEO: Ranveer-Ranbir bond like never before
- Rishi Kapoor respects Rajinikanth's humility
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an