- Chicken tikka masala loses charm!MMS of Shah Rukh Khan's son's lookalike going viral?OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neckRevenge time in Bigg Boss 8Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay DuttKhoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?Sunny Leone is the Jane of \'Tarzan\'Shah Rukh proves he has real abs, not fakeOMG! Hottie Shruti Haasan wants a child before marriageGauri Khan and Suzanne Khan are close buddy, know why
Distraught after losing her controversial semifinal bout, Indian boxer L Sarita Devi on We
Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation' Last Updated : 27 Dec 2012 02:37:10 PM IST Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation'
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday walked out of the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in Delhi accusing the Centre of "stifling" the voice of Chief Ministers by restricting their speeches to 10 minutes.
Coming out of the Vigyan Bhawan, the venue of the meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said it was a "big humiliation" for her to be stopped from completing her speech at the NDC meeting.
She said the Centre came out with a "new method" of limiting the speeches of Chief Ministers to 10 minutes which was not enough to articulate their views.
Sources said each Chief Minister was alloted 10 minutes and was forewarned. Jayalalithaa had come to Page 10 out of her 28-page speech when the bell rang, they said. Jayalalithaa immediately left for Chennai cutting short her stay.
Jayalalithaa said she had come prepared with several points to "enlighten the interest of Tamil Nadu and the interest of the nation."
"But I was told only 10 minutes will be allowed to each CM. On that, if we speak beyond the alloted 10 minutes then a bell would ring. I began my speech and as the 10 minutes were up, they rang a bell. It was a big humiliation," she said.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said there had been many occasions where the Chief Ministers were allowed to speak for 25 to 35 minutes. "To show my protest, I have walked out of the NDC meeting because the plan document itself is so lengthy and encompasses so many subjects...Just by allowing 10 minutes and humiliating us in this way, they need not have to call us all the way to Delhi to participate in this meeting," she said.
"It stifled the voice of the Chief Ministers who are in the opposition," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
An MMS of SRK's son's lookalike is going viral with his friend?
- OMG! SRK’s son Aryan’s lookalike's MMS goes viral on WhatsApp
- OMG! Kangana spotted with a red mark below her neck
- This is what Katrina said about Kareena Kapoor
- Revenge time in Bigg Boss 8
- Manyata arranges Mata Ki Chowki without Sanjay Dutt
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Khoobsurat actor Fawad Khan will kiss in his next Bollywood movie?
- Sunny Leone is the Jane of 'Tarzan'
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind