- Proof: Justin Selena an item againPICS: Holi special photo shootThe sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23Movie \'W\' gets wild with smooch scenesPICS of Karachi fashion showWhen Deepika cried bitterlyPICS : Sush eyeing comebackSalman wants kids but not the motherHot n spicy news of sporting worldTop 5 haunted places in India
The Women's Tennis Association, which has turned to Asia to grow its sport, is unclear how
Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation' Last Updated : 27 Dec 2012 02:37:10 PM IST Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation'
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday walked out of the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in Delhi accusing the Centre of "stifling" the voice of Chief Ministers by restricting their speeches to 10 minutes.
Coming out of the Vigyan Bhawan, the venue of the meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said it was a "big humiliation" for her to be stopped from completing her speech at the NDC meeting.
She said the Centre came out with a "new method" of limiting the speeches of Chief Ministers to 10 minutes which was not enough to articulate their views.
Sources said each Chief Minister was alloted 10 minutes and was forewarned. Jayalalithaa had come to Page 10 out of her 28-page speech when the bell rang, they said. Jayalalithaa immediately left for Chennai cutting short her stay.
Jayalalithaa said she had come prepared with several points to "enlighten the interest of Tamil Nadu and the interest of the nation."
"But I was told only 10 minutes will be allowed to each CM. On that, if we speak beyond the alloted 10 minutes then a bell would ring. I began my speech and as the 10 minutes were up, they rang a bell. It was a big humiliation," she said.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said there had been many occasions where the Chief Ministers were allowed to speak for 25 to 35 minutes. "To show my protest, I have walked out of the NDC meeting because the plan document itself is so lengthy and encompasses so many subjects...Just by allowing 10 minutes and humiliating us in this way, they need not have to call us all the way to Delhi to participate in this meeting," she said.
"It stifled the voice of the Chief Ministers who are in the opposition," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Deepika Padukone visited the Golden Temple to seek blessings in Amritsar on Tuesda
- Proof: Justin Selena an item again
- Meera Chopra defends Priyanka
- PICS: Holi special photo shoot
- The sex-siren Poonam Pandey turns 23
- Aamir praises, Deepika jealous of Kanagana
- Movie 'W' gets wild with smooch scenes
- Shahrukh's son and Big B's granddaughter friends
- Wishing Poonam Pandey ‘Happy Birthday’, view pics
Whether you believe in ghosts and spirits or not, there are people who have had spooky exp
The much-talked about Nokia Android mobile phone has finally arrived in Indian market.