- First look of 'Hero' releasedAll you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first ..Meet real life human Barbie dollRanbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira Rajput
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation' Last Updated : 27 Dec 2012 02:37:10 PM IST Jayalalithaa walks out of NDC meet after 'big humiliation'
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday walked out of the National Development Council (NDC) meeting in Delhi accusing the Centre of "stifling" the voice of Chief Ministers by restricting their speeches to 10 minutes.
Coming out of the Vigyan Bhawan, the venue of the meeting presided over by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she said it was a "big humiliation" for her to be stopped from completing her speech at the NDC meeting.
She said the Centre came out with a "new method" of limiting the speeches of Chief Ministers to 10 minutes which was not enough to articulate their views.
Sources said each Chief Minister was alloted 10 minutes and was forewarned. Jayalalithaa had come to Page 10 out of her 28-page speech when the bell rang, they said. Jayalalithaa immediately left for Chennai cutting short her stay.
Jayalalithaa said she had come prepared with several points to "enlighten the interest of Tamil Nadu and the interest of the nation."
"But I was told only 10 minutes will be allowed to each CM. On that, if we speak beyond the alloted 10 minutes then a bell would ring. I began my speech and as the 10 minutes were up, they rang a bell. It was a big humiliation," she said.
The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said there had been many occasions where the Chief Ministers were allowed to speak for 25 to 35 minutes. "To show my protest, I have walked out of the NDC meeting because the plan document itself is so lengthy and encompasses so many subjects...Just by allowing 10 minutes and humiliating us in this way, they need not have to call us all the way to Delhi to participate in this meeting," she said.
"It stifled the voice of the Chief Ministers who are in the opposition," she said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Summer is the time when major Bollywood releases are lined up. No wonder then every second
- Sexism is an issue in entertainment industry: Debby Ryan
- Riteish reveals the first look of his son Riaan
- Bombay High Court allowed Salman to travel to Dubai
- Funniest dialogues of Tanu Weds Manu Returns
- First look of 'Hero' released
- All you wanted to know about Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser, story and first look
- Shraddha to start shooting 'Rock On!! 2'
- Ranbir, Katrina and their 'Roka'...
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and