- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
BJP sweeps Gujarat ,Narendra Modi to take oath as CM on December 25 Last Updated : 20 Dec 2012 03:29:33 PM IST BJP sweeps Gujarat ,Narendra Modi to take oath as CM on December 25
Narendra Modi is likely to take oath as the chief minister of Gujarat on December 25
Modi's swearing in ceremony coincides with the birthday of an Indian statesman Atal Bihari Vajpayee born on 25 December , who was the 10th Prime Minister of India from 1998 to 2004.
The latest updates are BJP is leading in 122 while the Congress leads in 54 seats in 182 Assembly seats in Gujarat . The GPP and others lead in 2 and 4 seats respectively.
Celebrations have already begun across the state with BJP workers smearing each others face with gulal and beating drums in the streets of Ahmedabad and elsewhere.
Modi is headed for a third consecutive victory in the Gujarat Assembly Elections.
BJP leader Tarun Vijay has had high praise for Modi, calling him the greatest leader after Atal Bihari Vajpayee to manifest as a strong hindutva leader. "He can achieve the impossible through the development mantra", he said, adding that in his opinion Modi is the best suitable PM candidate
Expressing happiness over the win of the BJP in Gujarat, former state home minister Amit Shah that "the positive vote bank due to good work of the state government has given the BJP a good victory". further used the opportunity to allege that false cases were registered against him, and also, the CBI was misused.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari thanked the people of Gujarat and expressed hope that the state would continue with the pace of development under the leadership of the Chief Minister. "I thank the people of Gujarat for supporting BJP. I congratulate Narendra Modi and the BJP leaders and party workers in Gujarat," said Gadkari.
Pointing that the people of Gujarat had voted for development, the BJP president said, "The people of Gujarat have voted for development. The Congress tried its best to spread communalism in the state, but people of Gujarat have defeated them."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma's film Sultan trailer released on Tuesday.
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
- Media has dishonoured Iulia: Salman
- Sushmita celebrates 22 years of her Miss Universe win
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit