- Gionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
South Delhi gangrape case: Sonia meets victim Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 11:40:08 PM IST File photo of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday meet the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital who was gang-raped in South Delhi on Sunday night.
Sonia asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of incidents like the barbaric gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in the capital that has shaken the country.
Gandhi has talked to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
On the gangrape case, Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, wanted the guilty to be brought to book at the earliest, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
Earlier in the day, both Houses of Parliament expressed shock and outrage over the heinous gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi. Members, cutting across party lines, made strong demands for capital punishment to perpetrators of such crimes.
Sonia asks govt to take strictest action to prevent crimes like gangrape:
Opposition members demanded a categorical assurance from the Home Minister that such an incident will not recur.
Women members in both Houses were in the forefront in expressing shock and anguish over the incident, voicing concern over the safety of the fair sex in Delhi. Cinestar- turned-MP Jaya Bachchan even broke down while speaking on the issue in the Upper House.
In Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar led the House in expressing outrage over the "spine-chilling" incident, saying it was shameful for the entire society.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Anupam Kher says it is really important for Pakistani actors to say that "I
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
- Birthday special: Famous sayings by Yash Chopra
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho