- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
South Delhi gangrape case: Sonia meets victim Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 11:40:08 PM IST File photo of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday meet the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital who was gang-raped in South Delhi on Sunday night.
Sonia asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of incidents like the barbaric gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in the capital that has shaken the country.
Gandhi has talked to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
On the gangrape case, Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, wanted the guilty to be brought to book at the earliest, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
Earlier in the day, both Houses of Parliament expressed shock and outrage over the heinous gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi. Members, cutting across party lines, made strong demands for capital punishment to perpetrators of such crimes.
Sonia asks govt to take strictest action to prevent crimes like gangrape:
Opposition members demanded a categorical assurance from the Home Minister that such an incident will not recur.
Women members in both Houses were in the forefront in expressing shock and anguish over the incident, voicing concern over the safety of the fair sex in Delhi. Cinestar- turned-MP Jaya Bachchan even broke down while speaking on the issue in the Upper House.
In Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar led the House in expressing outrage over the "spine-chilling" incident, saying it was shameful for the entire society.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Beyonce Knowles opts for Indian designers creation again.
- Sidharth to spend V-Day with Katrina
- 'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thriller
- Look who just hated Katrina Kaif!!!
- Parineeti Chopra turns a singer!
- Rakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star now
- Deepika will get intimate with Vin Diesel
- Salman Khan wants children without marriage!
- Govinda gets two weeks to apologise in a slapping incident
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.