- Air pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi PednekarSonam Kapoor recovering well after contracting swine fluKardashian wants to live close to BeyoncePyarelal ready to compose music for Bollywood filmsFeatures of Samsung Galaxy S6-S6 EdgeSunny adopts Zeenat’s look in LeelaAdnan Sami applies for Indian CitizenshipJacqueline Fernandez hits 1 million fans on InstagramCharacter is the new hero in Bollywood movies : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
A total of 26 football players will play for preliminary qualification round 1 for 2018 FI
South Delhi gangrape case: Sonia meets victim Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 11:40:08 PM IST File photo of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday meet the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital who was gang-raped in South Delhi on Sunday night.
Sonia asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of incidents like the barbaric gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in the capital that has shaken the country.
Gandhi has talked to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
On the gangrape case, Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, wanted the guilty to be brought to book at the earliest, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
Earlier in the day, both Houses of Parliament expressed shock and outrage over the heinous gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi. Members, cutting across party lines, made strong demands for capital punishment to perpetrators of such crimes.
Sonia asks govt to take strictest action to prevent crimes like gangrape:
Opposition members demanded a categorical assurance from the Home Minister that such an incident will not recur.
Women members in both Houses were in the forefront in expressing shock and anguish over the incident, voicing concern over the safety of the fair sex in Delhi. Cinestar- turned-MP Jaya Bachchan even broke down while speaking on the issue in the Upper House.
In Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar led the House in expressing outrage over the "spine-chilling" incident, saying it was shameful for the entire society.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Happy with the response to 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha', starring Ayushmann Khurrana and Bhumi Ped
- Bollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina Desai
- Shahrukh Khan thanks Chunky Pandey
- Amitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar's reception
- Who has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?
- Lady Gaga suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Unknown facts about hot Shraddha Kapoor
- Hit-and-run case: Court turns down prosecution plea
- A R Rahman embarks on first US tour in five years
Ever seen light behaving as a wave and as a particle!
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w