- Maruti to launch Ciaz, mini SUV soonStop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view picsMumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retires
With three more Gold, India moved to fifth spot in the Commonwealth Games 2014 at Glasgow
South Delhi gangrape case: Sonia meets victim Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 11:40:08 PM IST File photo of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday meet the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital who was gang-raped in South Delhi on Sunday night.
Sonia asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of incidents like the barbaric gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in the capital that has shaken the country.
Gandhi has talked to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
On the gangrape case, Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, wanted the guilty to be brought to book at the earliest, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
Earlier in the day, both Houses of Parliament expressed shock and outrage over the heinous gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi. Members, cutting across party lines, made strong demands for capital punishment to perpetrators of such crimes.
Sonia asks govt to take strictest action to prevent crimes like gangrape:
Opposition members demanded a categorical assurance from the Home Minister that such an incident will not recur.
Women members in both Houses were in the forefront in expressing shock and anguish over the incident, voicing concern over the safety of the fair sex in Delhi. Cinestar- turned-MP Jaya Bachchan even broke down while speaking on the issue in the Upper House.
In Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar led the House in expressing outrage over the "spine-chilling" incident, saying it was shameful for the entire society.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Meena Kumari,the legendary tragedy queen of Indian cinema continues to live deep into the
- SRK is 'king' of Bollywood: Salman Khan
- Oops! Kareena flaunts her assets, watch video
- Aamir Khan launches 'PK' motion poster: Watch now
- List of movies to be released in August 2014
- Watch Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom song Ziddi Dil
- I am not friends with SRK: Ajay Devgn
- I have huge crush on Salman Khan: Humaima
- Aamir Khan's plan for 'PK' promotions
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.