- Kejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014Stars at Dino Morea's bashWill Katrina celebrate Christmas with Ranbir's family?Praneet Bhatt's journey in 'Bigg Boss 8'
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
South Delhi gangrape case: Sonia meets victim Last Updated : 18 Dec 2012 11:40:08 PM IST File photo of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday meet the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital who was gang-raped in South Delhi on Sunday night.
Sonia asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of incidents like the barbaric gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in the capital that has shaken the country.
Gandhi has talked to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
On the gangrape case, Gandhi, who is also UPA Chairperson, wanted the guilty to be brought to book at the earliest, Congress General Secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
Earlier in the day, both Houses of Parliament expressed shock and outrage over the heinous gangrape of the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi. Members, cutting across party lines, made strong demands for capital punishment to perpetrators of such crimes.
Sonia asks govt to take strictest action to prevent crimes like gangrape:
Opposition members demanded a categorical assurance from the Home Minister that such an incident will not recur.
Women members in both Houses were in the forefront in expressing shock and anguish over the incident, voicing concern over the safety of the fair sex in Delhi. Cinestar- turned-MP Jaya Bachchan even broke down while speaking on the issue in the Upper House.
In Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar led the House in expressing outrage over the "spine-chilling" incident, saying it was shameful for the entire society.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shah Rukh Khan-starrer 'Happy New Year' is just a click away for fans outside India and Ch
- PHOTOS: Stars graced Shirin Morani-Uday Singh Wedding Reception
- First Look: Big B overshadows Dhanush in Shamitabh
- OMG! Ranveer says 'I Love You' to Deepika, smooches KJo in public
- Women-centric films in 2014
- What PK’s success means
- Alia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.