- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Manmohan defers Pakistan visit Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 06:51:09 PM IST Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik during an interaction organised by Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in New Delhi on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his much awaited visit to Pakistan as the neighbouring country has not yet punished anyone involved in Mumbai terror attack, Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Sunday.
Malik said Pakistan has already invited him to visit that country and yesterday too he had renewed that invitation.
"I told him that people of Pakistan want to see him, especially the people of village Chatwal where he has born. But his point of view was that my people here ask what you have done for the people who suffered during 26/11. He has his points," he said.
Malik, who was delivering a lecture at Observer Research Foundation here, said the Prime Minister is in two capacities-one he is Mr Manmohan Singh, and second he is the Prime Minister of India.
PM not visiting Pak as 26/11 terrorists not punished: Rehman Malik
"He has his constituency and that constituency is people of India. The perception created in India is that Pakistan is doing nothing for 26/11 case in Pakistan or Mumbai blast (26/11). Of course he wants some effective action," he said.
The Pakistani leader said his country would be able to satisfy Singh after the visit of the Second Judicial Commission which will cross examine four Indian witnesses and would facilitate expediting the 26/11 case in Pakistan.
"Two-three things he had mentioned and I promised we will do it. The moment the second Commission comes, I have no doubt in my mind that we will be able to satisfy him. He has to satisfy his constituency. I think he wants to ensure that he has some good answer to that.
"I have committed with him that I will do my best. We have to expedite the case. It was a good meeting. I am quite satisfied. I hope that he will reconsider the decision," he said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r