- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
India's tennis stars Sania Mirza, Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open cam
Manmohan defers Pakistan visit Last Updated : 16 Dec 2012 06:51:09 PM IST Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik during an interaction organised by Observer Research Foundation (ORF) in New Delhi on Sunday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has deferred his much awaited visit to Pakistan as the neighbouring country has not yet punished anyone involved in Mumbai terror attack, Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Sunday.
Malik said Pakistan has already invited him to visit that country and yesterday too he had renewed that invitation.
"I told him that people of Pakistan want to see him, especially the people of village Chatwal where he has born. But his point of view was that my people here ask what you have done for the people who suffered during 26/11. He has his points," he said.
Malik, who was delivering a lecture at Observer Research Foundation here, said the Prime Minister is in two capacities-one he is Mr Manmohan Singh, and second he is the Prime Minister of India.
PM not visiting Pak as 26/11 terrorists not punished: Rehman Malik
"He has his constituency and that constituency is people of India. The perception created in India is that Pakistan is doing nothing for 26/11 case in Pakistan or Mumbai blast (26/11). Of course he wants some effective action," he said.
The Pakistani leader said his country would be able to satisfy Singh after the visit of the Second Judicial Commission which will cross examine four Indian witnesses and would facilitate expediting the 26/11 case in Pakistan.
"Two-three things he had mentioned and I promised we will do it. The moment the second Commission comes, I have no doubt in my mind that we will be able to satisfy him. He has to satisfy his constituency. I think he wants to ensure that he has some good answer to that.
"I have committed with him that I will do my best. We have to expedite the case. It was a good meeting. I am quite satisfied. I hope that he will reconsider the decision," he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Anu Menon; Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Kalki Koechlin, Rajat Kapoor, Arjun Mathur, R
- Sonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film Festival
- Karan Johar celebrates birthday with star kids
- Big B to host only segment of Modi's bash
- Arijit Singh apology to Sultan star Salman Khan, pleading to retain his song; deletes it later
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T