- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewellMercedes launches 3 new modelsDhanush's movie reached Venice Film FestivalKareena, Arjun's most awaited film 'Ka and Ki' of year 2016India Couture Week opened by Sabyasachi, LouboutinYes, Mira Rajput will be on Jhalak Dikh Laaja Reloaded
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Nationwide mobile number portability by February: Telecom minister Kapil Sibal Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 11:45:44 AM IST File Photo
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is expected to be rolled out by February next year, which will allow users to retain their numbers even if they move from one state to another.
"For the timely implementation of the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012, the Department of Telecom has finalised broad agenda for next three months from December 2012 to February 2013," Sibal said at the 'India Telecom 2012' here.
Some of the key initiative in course to be completed by February 2013 are approval of spectrum assignment and pricing, unified licences regime, M&A guidelines, finalisation of guidelines for spectrum sharing, creation of fund for R&D and manufacturing and of course, MNP on a nationwide basis, he added.
Currently, a user is allowed to switch to a different operator within his/her circle, while retaining his/her phone number.
Under NTP 2012, the government had envisaged implementing MNP on a nationwide level allowing users to retain their mobile numbers even when they shift to a different telecom circle.
India has 22 telecom circles.
According to Trai, by the end of October 2012, about 75.14 million subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number.
In the month of September 2012, total number of subscribers who have submitted their request for MNP stood at 5.36 million.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan will be the showstopper for the grand finale of Lakme Fashion
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
- How romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!
- Caitlyn and Kris's first meet after gender transition
- See what tough time Katrina-Saif had shooting for Phantom
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that