- Bar Refaeli feels she is too sexyAbhishek Bachchan clash with Bunty WaliaShahrukh completes 23 years in B'woodCheck out adorable pics of Isha Koppikar's little angelSalman wept while watching \'Bajrangi Bhaijaan\'?Other than Ranveer, who wants to marry Deepika Padukone?Sunny Leone shares screen space with Akki!Kareena\'s London talesParineeti moves in her Bandra HouseShahid's Mira may show her first 'jhalak' on JDJ 8
India, ranked No 13 in the world, were no challenge for World Cup and Olympic title holder
Nationwide mobile number portability by February: Telecom minister Kapil Sibal Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 11:45:44 AM IST File Photo
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is expected to be rolled out by February next year, which will allow users to retain their numbers even if they move from one state to another.
"For the timely implementation of the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012, the Department of Telecom has finalised broad agenda for next three months from December 2012 to February 2013," Sibal said at the 'India Telecom 2012' here.
Some of the key initiative in course to be completed by February 2013 are approval of spectrum assignment and pricing, unified licences regime, M&A guidelines, finalisation of guidelines for spectrum sharing, creation of fund for R&D and manufacturing and of course, MNP on a nationwide basis, he added.
Currently, a user is allowed to switch to a different operator within his/her circle, while retaining his/her phone number.
Under NTP 2012, the government had envisaged implementing MNP on a nationwide level allowing users to retain their mobile numbers even when they shift to a different telecom circle.
India has 22 telecom circles.
According to Trai, by the end of October 2012, about 75.14 million subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number.
In the month of September 2012, total number of subscribers who have submitted their request for MNP stood at 5.36 million.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Piku" star Amitabh Bachchan has become the first Bollywood celebrity to have 15 million f
- Besides Salman and Amitabh which other Indians are on Forbes' List?
- See Shahid Kapoor's wedding card
- A Peek Into Sonam Kapoor's New Duplex Home!
- Taylor Swift buys fans tickets to her Dublin concert
- David Beckham gets Minion tattoo on his arm
- Spending time together key to our marriage: Mark Wahlberg
- Bar Refaeli feels she is too sexy
- Abhishek Bachchan clash with Bunty Walia
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Those days are gone, when you have to depend on touch screens and buttons to control your