- Anushka brings stability in my life: Virat Kohli43 dinosaur egg fossils unearthed in ChinaSee Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken stateVarun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherList of top ten sexy Bollywood item girlsPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya TritiyaMamta Kulkarni posed topless on the magazine cover, see picWhy very few guests were invited for Aishwarya-Abhishek wedding?
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Nationwide mobile number portability by February: Telecom minister Kapil Sibal Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 11:45:44 AM IST File Photo
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is expected to be rolled out by February next year, which will allow users to retain their numbers even if they move from one state to another.
"For the timely implementation of the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012, the Department of Telecom has finalised broad agenda for next three months from December 2012 to February 2013," Sibal said at the 'India Telecom 2012' here.
Some of the key initiative in course to be completed by February 2013 are approval of spectrum assignment and pricing, unified licences regime, M&A guidelines, finalisation of guidelines for spectrum sharing, creation of fund for R&D and manufacturing and of course, MNP on a nationwide basis, he added.
Currently, a user is allowed to switch to a different operator within his/her circle, while retaining his/her phone number.
Under NTP 2012, the government had envisaged implementing MNP on a nationwide level allowing users to retain their mobile numbers even when they shift to a different telecom circle.
India has 22 telecom circles.
According to Trai, by the end of October 2012, about 75.14 million subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number.
In the month of September 2012, total number of subscribers who have submitted their request for MNP stood at 5.36 million.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See Bollywood stars when they were drunk, their behaviour in public. Their behaviour can p
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- List of top ten sexy Bollywood item girls
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
- Lindsay Lohan stepmother beats father
- Pics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-Abhishek
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!