- Devotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerveSee Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke couple is a hitUnseen photos of Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka SharmaTen reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: John
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Nationwide mobile number portability by February: Telecom minister Kapil Sibal Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 11:45:44 AM IST File Photo
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday said nationwide Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is expected to be rolled out by February next year, which will allow users to retain their numbers even if they move from one state to another.
"For the timely implementation of the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012, the Department of Telecom has finalised broad agenda for next three months from December 2012 to February 2013," Sibal said at the 'India Telecom 2012' here.
Some of the key initiative in course to be completed by February 2013 are approval of spectrum assignment and pricing, unified licences regime, M&A guidelines, finalisation of guidelines for spectrum sharing, creation of fund for R&D and manufacturing and of course, MNP on a nationwide basis, he added.
Currently, a user is allowed to switch to a different operator within his/her circle, while retaining his/her phone number.
Under NTP 2012, the government had envisaged implementing MNP on a nationwide level allowing users to retain their mobile numbers even when they shift to a different telecom circle.
India has 22 telecom circles.
According to Trai, by the end of October 2012, about 75.14 million subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number.
In the month of September 2012, total number of subscribers who have submitted their request for MNP stood at 5.36 million.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
This is too tough to be true, but our sources suggest that Aishwwarya Rai has no problem w
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret