- Oplus launches XonPhone 5 in IndiaSunil Grover shoots for his first come-back episodeDogs have feelings too!Akshay records song liveWhat makes Honda Mobilio a better choice!Pics : Spectacular opening ceremony of 2014 CWGKareena angry with DeepikaWedding bells in Kareena-Saif familyTop ten kisses in Hindi filmsWhen eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza has hit out at politicians for raising objections to her b
Gujarat Assembly election 2012: 53 per cent turnout till 15.00 hrs Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 04:27:39 PM IST File Photo
Around 53 per cent voting was recorded till 15.00 hrs of polling across 87 seats in the first phase of Gujarat polls which will decide the fate of state political big-wigs like Keshubhai Patel, BJP's R C Faldu and Congress' Arjun Modhwadia.
"18 per cent polling was recorded till 11:AM," Election Commission officials said.
Long queues where seen outside some polling booths as people preferred to come early to vote.
The constituencies where polling started include 48 in seven districts of Saurashtra, 35 seats in seven districts of south Gujarat and four seats in Ahmedabad district.
Leaders like former Chief Minister and GPP president Keshubhai Patel, BJP state unit president R C Faldu, state finance minister Vajubhai Vala and state Congress president Modhvadia cast their vote in the early morning hours.
A total of 846 candidates are in fray. For this phase, BJP has fielded candidates on all 87 seats going to the poll, whereas Congress is contesting on 84 and Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) on 83 seats.
48 seats in Surendranagar, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Porbandar, Jamnagar, Amreli and Bhavngar are considered crucial as political observers are keenly watching on how former Chief Minister and bete noire of Modi, Keshubhai Patel factor plays out in the region.
Fate of many state political heavyweights, who are contesting elections like Keshubhai Patel, Assembly Speaker Ganpat Vasava, Gujarat BJP president Faldu, Modhwadia and Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil will be decided today.
The Election Commission has made robust security arrangements to ensure that voting is carried out peacefully by deploying security forces in the areas going to polls in first phase.
Out of total 1,81,77,953 voters, there are 95,75,278 men, 86,02,557 women and 118 other voters who are likely to use their franchise.
EC has set up 21,261 polling stations and will use the same number of EVMs in the first phase polls.
Voting of the second phase will take place on December 17 for the remaining 95 Assembly seats and counting will be held on December 20th.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A good news for all Comedy Nights with Kapil fans. Sunil Grover, aka, Guthi is finally bac
- Watch : Bang Bang teaser as it gets over 2.3 mn views in 24 hours
- Akshay records song live
- Priyanka Chopra's bald avatar in Mary Kom
- Madhur Bhandarkar starts shooting 'Calender Girls'
- Kareena angry with Deepika
- Wedding bells in Kareena-Saif family
- Top ten kisses in Hindi films
- When eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...
According to a new study that found dogs can also get possessive when it comes to the love
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar