- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Amandeep Drall carded five under 67 in the second round to grab the lead in the 11th leg o
Over 570 cases of rape reported to NCW Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 03:40:29 PM IST File Photo
Over 570 cases of rape, including 319 from Uttar Pradesh, have been reported to the National Commission for Women till December this year, Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said on Wednesday.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, she said 319 cases of rape were reported from UP alone followed by Rajasthan with
73 cases and Haryana 62. A total of 38 cases were reported to the NCW from Delhi, she said.
In 2011, a total of 53 cases of rape had been reported to the NCW from Delhi while UP had reported 333 cases, she said.
The number of cases reported to NCW from Rajasthan and Haryana last year was 99 and 56 respectively, Tirath said.
Replying to another question, the minister said that as per a global poll conducted by Thomas Reuters Foundation,
India has been declared the fourth most dangerous country for women.
Tirath, in her response to another question, said that the government was aware of some reports of women selling
their babies in West Bengal, UP and Assam.
She said the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) looked into these complaints and the matter was referred to the State Governments for necessary action.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Harbhajan Singh and his actress-wife Geeta Basra have been blessed with a baby girl.
- Excited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Director
- 'Jagga Jasoos' is a much-awaited film for me: Ranbir Kapoor
- 'The BFG' has critical digital effects: Steven Spielberg
- Combination of hard work, luck helped in industry, says Raftaar
- Ten unknown facts about Huma Qureshi
- Sidharth, Katrina's 'Kala Chashma' a hit on YouTube
- Poonam Pandey all set with her new video for her fans
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu