- Aamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
Ace India shuttler Saina Nehwal crashed out of the French Open Super Series after going
Over 570 cases of rape reported to NCW Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 03:40:29 PM IST File Photo
Over 570 cases of rape, including 319 from Uttar Pradesh, have been reported to the National Commission for Women till December this year, Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said on Wednesday.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, she said 319 cases of rape were reported from UP alone followed by Rajasthan with
73 cases and Haryana 62. A total of 38 cases were reported to the NCW from Delhi, she said.
In 2011, a total of 53 cases of rape had been reported to the NCW from Delhi while UP had reported 333 cases, she said.
The number of cases reported to NCW from Rajasthan and Haryana last year was 99 and 56 respectively, Tirath said.
Replying to another question, the minister said that as per a global poll conducted by Thomas Reuters Foundation,
India has been declared the fourth most dangerous country for women.
Tirath, in her response to another question, said that the government was aware of some reports of women selling
their babies in West Bengal, UP and Assam.
She said the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) looked into these complaints and the matter was referred to the State Governments for necessary action.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-director Randhir Kapoor says he will never remake RK Films' superhit movie 'Awara'
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
- Deepika challenges Sunny Leone
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country