- SRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'See Aishwarya Rai\'s teenage picturesHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Suzanne Khan7 films releasing this week, which is your pick?PICS of Chhath festivalSee Big B with a broomMannara\'s hot lovemaking scenes in Zid, view picsActress Sana Khan arrestedHarman Baweja cheats on Bipasha Basu with a foreign modelSRK turns pink after kisses on both cheeks!
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Over 570 cases of rape reported to NCW Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 03:40:29 PM IST File Photo
Over 570 cases of rape, including 319 from Uttar Pradesh, have been reported to the National Commission for Women till December this year, Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said on Wednesday.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, she said 319 cases of rape were reported from UP alone followed by Rajasthan with
73 cases and Haryana 62. A total of 38 cases were reported to the NCW from Delhi, she said.
In 2011, a total of 53 cases of rape had been reported to the NCW from Delhi while UP had reported 333 cases, she said.
The number of cases reported to NCW from Rajasthan and Haryana last year was 99 and 56 respectively, Tirath said.
Replying to another question, the minister said that as per a global poll conducted by Thomas Reuters Foundation,
India has been declared the fourth most dangerous country for women.
Tirath, in her response to another question, said that the government was aware of some reports of women selling
their babies in West Bengal, UP and Assam.
She said the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) looked into these complaints and the matter was referred to the State Governments for necessary action.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The power of the small screen seems to get bigger at least as far its use for film promoti
- Aamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
- FIRST LOOK: Amitabh Bachchan in 'Piku'
- Shraddha Kapoor graces Femina cover
- First Look: Prakash Jha’s Rajneeti2 out
- Shah Rukh promotes 'Happy New Year' in Kanpur
- Hrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
- Sonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!
- Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfie
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Microsoft Devices has launched entry level dual-sim mobile phone 'Nokia 130' in India.