- Unknown facts about Shahid KapoorPriyanka Chopra to attend 2017 OscarsSelect right jewellery for wedding functionsPlastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha TakiaMy scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from Rangoon
T. Gopi and Monika Athare won the second edition of IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi
Over 570 cases of rape reported to NCW Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 03:40:29 PM IST File Photo
Over 570 cases of rape, including 319 from Uttar Pradesh, have been reported to the National Commission for Women till December this year, Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said on Wednesday.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, she said 319 cases of rape were reported from UP alone followed by Rajasthan with
73 cases and Haryana 62. A total of 38 cases were reported to the NCW from Delhi, she said.
In 2011, a total of 53 cases of rape had been reported to the NCW from Delhi while UP had reported 333 cases, she said.
The number of cases reported to NCW from Rajasthan and Haryana last year was 99 and 56 respectively, Tirath said.
Replying to another question, the minister said that as per a global poll conducted by Thomas Reuters Foundation,
India has been declared the fourth most dangerous country for women.
Tirath, in her response to another question, said that the government was aware of some reports of women selling
their babies in West Bengal, UP and Assam.
She said the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) looked into these complaints and the matter was referred to the State Governments for necessary action.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Taapsee Pannu says watching her 2016 film "Pink" with President Pranab Mukherjee h
- Kabir Khan slams CBFC for refusing certificate to 'Lipstick...'
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
- Plastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha Takia
- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana Ranaut
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro