- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: AishwaryaWhy Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pairFive reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar\'s Shuddhi
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal today regained the number one spot in the latest BWF wor
Over 570 cases of rape reported to NCW Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 03:40:29 PM IST File Photo
Over 570 cases of rape, including 319 from Uttar Pradesh, have been reported to the National Commission for Women till December this year, Minister for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said on Wednesday.
In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha, she said 319 cases of rape were reported from UP alone followed by Rajasthan with
73 cases and Haryana 62. A total of 38 cases were reported to the NCW from Delhi, she said.
In 2011, a total of 53 cases of rape had been reported to the NCW from Delhi while UP had reported 333 cases, she said.
The number of cases reported to NCW from Rajasthan and Haryana last year was 99 and 56 respectively, Tirath said.
Replying to another question, the minister said that as per a global poll conducted by Thomas Reuters Foundation,
India has been declared the fourth most dangerous country for women.
Tirath, in her response to another question, said that the government was aware of some reports of women selling
their babies in West Bengal, UP and Assam.
She said the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) looked into these complaints and the matter was referred to the State Governments for necessary action.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Christina Aguilera has showed-off her mimic talent besides singing by impersonating fellow
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Vote for Aishwarya's best gown in cannes 2015
- Salman tweets Varun : Happy Shuddhi
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support
- 'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: Aishwarya
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch