- Trending videos in IndiaSalman will donate spermWomen who matter in Indian politicsMiley and Katy catfight after kissPICS : Gritty Indian sportswomenGulaab Gang is all about Women EmpowermentIndia one of most dangerous countries to liveWomen’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beautiesPICS: Siddharth romancing Kohli\'s exPICS: When celebs talk sex, virginity and one-night stand
Here is a quick look at some of the prominent Indian women sports-persons who have done
Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress in 2014 Lok Sabha elections Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 09:52:03 AM IST Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress in 2014 Lok Sabha elections
He aslso added that a decision on the party's prime ministerial candidate will only be taken after the next national election.
This announcement further indicates that Rahul Gandhi would be the Congress candidate for prime minister if the ruling coalition wins a third consecutive term in office.
On the other hand the main opposition party the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is witnessing internal differences had declined to name a prime ministerial candidate for the general election due in 2014.
When asked to elaborate the role, Chacko said, "That is very clear. He will lead the election campaign in 2014. Beyond that will be too much of a forecast." To a specific question whether Gandhi will be projected as the prime ministerial candidate in the polls, he said that issue will come up after the elections and it was for party MPs to decide.
Gandhi has already been declared head of the Congress election coordination panel, signaling he would lead the party in 2014. However, what the bigger responsibility could be is still not clear.
Asked about the roles of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Chacko said: “Sonia Gandhi is the party president now, she will be the patron. She will be the supreme leader of the party.”
He added: “Dr Manmohan Singh will be at the helm till 2014... He is the Prime Minister till 2014.”
Responding to questions, Chacko said Rahul agreed to assume more responsibilities after “overwhelming” demands by partymen.
"The party is overwhelmingly in favour of Rahul Gandhi taking a larger responsibility. He was not very willing. Now he has agreed to it. He will lead UPA's election campaign for 2014," he said.
Chacko made it clear that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to complete his term in 2014. "This has no relation. He is the prime minister. This government will continue till 2014. He is the prime minister till 2014," Chacko said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
One of the most eligible bachelors in the Hindi film industry is in no mood to settle down
- Miley and Katy catfight after kiss
- OMG!!! Sunny Leone looks scary
- Arjun Kapoor: Meet the new serial kisser of B-town
- Gulaab Gang is all about Women Empowerment
- OMG! Siddharth Mallya shoves his hand inside Kat’s top
- Elli Avram staying in Salman's house!
- Women’s day special: Bollywood’s top six powerful beauties
- Amitabh Bachchan was in love with Waheeda Rehman
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric