- Poonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nudeMulayam to cut 75 feet cake on b'dayArpita Khan looks beautiful after marriage, see picsPoonam Jhawar tweets topless pics, view nowVirat-Anushka, Ranbir-Katrina-Aamir-Kiran party togetherLuxury lifestyle of Baba Rampal
Zinedine Zidane wins appeal against coaching ban for Real Madrid's reserve team
Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress in 2014 Lok Sabha elections Last Updated : 11 Dec 2012 09:52:03 AM IST Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress in 2014 Lok Sabha elections
He aslso added that a decision on the party's prime ministerial candidate will only be taken after the next national election.
This announcement further indicates that Rahul Gandhi would be the Congress candidate for prime minister if the ruling coalition wins a third consecutive term in office.
On the other hand the main opposition party the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which is witnessing internal differences had declined to name a prime ministerial candidate for the general election due in 2014.
When asked to elaborate the role, Chacko said, "That is very clear. He will lead the election campaign in 2014. Beyond that will be too much of a forecast." To a specific question whether Gandhi will be projected as the prime ministerial candidate in the polls, he said that issue will come up after the elections and it was for party MPs to decide.
Gandhi has already been declared head of the Congress election coordination panel, signaling he would lead the party in 2014. However, what the bigger responsibility could be is still not clear.
Asked about the roles of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Chacko said: “Sonia Gandhi is the party president now, she will be the patron. She will be the supreme leader of the party.”
He added: “Dr Manmohan Singh will be at the helm till 2014... He is the Prime Minister till 2014.”
Responding to questions, Chacko said Rahul agreed to assume more responsibilities after “overwhelming” demands by partymen.
"The party is overwhelmingly in favour of Rahul Gandhi taking a larger responsibility. He was not very willing. Now he has agreed to it. He will lead UPA's election campaign for 2014," he said.
Chacko made it clear that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is expected to complete his term in 2014. "This has no relation. He is the prime minister. This government will continue till 2014. He is the prime minister till 2014," Chacko said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The superstars of Bollywood Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan share some happy moments at Arp
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
- Poonam Pandey to endorse breast cream
- Aamir, SRK and Salman together at same stage
- Review in pics of 'Happy Ending'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.