- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Centre to help states in paddy procurement Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 04:34:20 PM IST File Photo
Seeking to allay apprehensions of farmers, government Friday said that it would provide whatever assistance is needed to the states, including Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, on the issue of procurement of paddy in a year marked by record harvest.
The assurance was given by Food Minister K V Thomas at the end of an impromptu discussion, following uproar over the issue with members from the Samajwadi Party and the RJD storming the well demanding immediate statement from the government.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram, earlier in the day, had said the government would convene a meeting of the affected states to find ways to resolve the problems. But this did not satisfy the agitated members, leading to the adjournment of the House for over an hour.
When the House re-assembled, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said all members want the House to function, therefore he be allowed to raise the issue.
He claimed that fearing disciplinary action, FCI officials in Uttar Pradesh have rejected rice procured from mills despite accepting it in the first place on grounds of poor quality.
Yadav said action against some FCI officials for poor quality control had led to the situation as fearing punishment they were reluctant in approving the quality of rice procured.
He claimed that though rice mills had sufficient funds and gunny bags, they were not buying paddy from farmers as FCI was not accepting their product.
"90,000 metric tonnes of rice has been rejected after being accepted by FDI. It has created problems for farmers," Yadav said.
He said the state government has already requested the Centre to lower the quality benchmarks for rice procurement.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After Farhan Akhtar, Shyam Benegal and Ashoke Pandit, filmmaker Kabir Khan has slammed the
- Unknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
- Priyanka Chopra to attend 2017 Oscars
- Big B, Taapsee to watch 'Pink' with President
- Plastic surgery goes wrong for Ayesha Takia
- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana Ranaut
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Number of Facebook users across the globe were locked out of their accounts due to an erro