- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nude
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
Housing shortage needs to be addressed: Prez Last Updated : 07 Dec 2012 02:27:51 PM IST File Photo
Stressing the need for addressing housing shortage in the country, President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday asked banks and the private sector to find ways to help economically weaker sections who are worst affected as they find it difficult to access credit."On the basis of the 2011 census, a technical group set up by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has estimated that the total shortage in housing is 18.78 million in 2012 and of these 95 per cent is in the economically weaker sections and low income groups," Mukherjee said."Approximately 25 per cent of the urban population is living in slums and squatter settlements," he said addressing a convention organised by National Real Estate Development Council.He said that the government is seized of the reality and is trying to make a difference through the Rajiv Awas Yojana."The private sector has to take more initiative to find sustainable solutions," he said, adding that the affordable housing segment should be made attractive to the private sector through direct and indirect incentives.Mukherjee said that there are major problems that affect the efforts of the low income groups in becoming home owners,of which the difficulty in extending credit to this segment through the banking channel is most significant."While the high income group and middle income groups have been able to reap the benefits of the low rate mortgage loans and deductions available under the Income Tax Act and home loan disbursement has gone up many fold, the economically weaker sections and the low income households have been left behind," he said."Banks are reluctant to lend to them because of the perceived risk of the loan to them becoming non-performing assets. I am confident that banks would rise to the occasion to face challenge and evolve innovative methods to allow greater credit flow to this segment," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
we tell you who were the Bollywood stars whose absence created speculations
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.