- Sunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card partyBill Clinton\'s Girlfriend Monica Lewinsky joins Twitter
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Live debate on FDI in RS: Mayawati to vote in favour of UPA govt Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 03:20:01 PM IST File Photo
In a major relief for the UPA government, BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday said that her party would support the ruling coalition during the FDI vote in Rajya Sabha.
After BSP's support, the FDI is all set to get clear in the Upper House.
Leading the debate on behalf of BSP, Mayawati hit out at BJP over CBI pressure remark. She dismissed Sushma Swaraj's charge that BSP's walkout in Lok Sabha was under CBI pressure.
"I condemn the language used by BJP leader Sushma Swaraj against BSP. When BJP was in power in the Centre, it misused CBI to take on political rivals. Whenever we vote in favour of the govt, the opposition blames that we are acting due to my fear of CBI," Mayawati said.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari forced to adjourned the House for 10 minutes as BJP MPs up on their feet after Mayawati said BJP framed her in the Taj Corrdoor case and misused the CBI.
Arun Jaitley calls UPA ‘a lame duck’ govt
Calling the UPA govt "a lame duck", Arun Jaitley on Thursday said it was dependent on other parties to muster numbers to win a vote on FDI in retail in the Lok Sabha and would have to pay a huge price for this.
“When you are 18 short of majority, you cannot run the government as you please. After yesterday's Lok Sabha numbers, you are a lame duck government, Arun Jaitley told UPA members in the House.
Initiating the debate on behalf of the BJP in the upper house of the Parliament, Arun Jaitly said that ‘every change is not an economic reform’.
"FDI in retail will replace small middlemen with big middlemen," Jaitley said.
Referring to New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, he said that both big and small retailers can't co-exist. “Had it been the case, the New York would have seen about 10 Wal-Mart stores and many small shops, but it is not the case,” Jaitley added.
He further said that despite being a home country of Wal-Mart, the US has not allowed it to open its stores in Manhattan.
“China can't be a role model for India. China had a much-reformed manufacturing sector before Wal-Mart was allowed in,” Arun Jaitley replied.
Reacting sharply to government’s claim to create huge job opportunity, Jaitley said, “FDI in retail will make India a country of sales boys and girls.”
“Big retailers like Wal-Mart won't create infrastructure in India. They would not make roads, open power plants in India,” Arun Jaitley added.
Arun Jaitley also took a swipe at Kamal Nath. Jaitley said he was a silent admirer of Kamal Nath.
"Kamal Nath took the credit for getting FDI in retail rejected in India. Now, he is taking credit for introducing FDI in India," Jaitley said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country