- Arpita-Ayush honeymoon picsWho looks prettiest in Big Star AwardTop 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealedStanford University students meets SRKKate Upton named sexiest womanMeet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti Haasan
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Live debate on FDI in RS: Mayawati to vote in favour of UPA govt Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 03:20:01 PM IST File Photo
In a major relief for the UPA government, BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday said that her party would support the ruling coalition during the FDI vote in Rajya Sabha.
After BSP's support, the FDI is all set to get clear in the Upper House.
Leading the debate on behalf of BSP, Mayawati hit out at BJP over CBI pressure remark. She dismissed Sushma Swaraj's charge that BSP's walkout in Lok Sabha was under CBI pressure.
"I condemn the language used by BJP leader Sushma Swaraj against BSP. When BJP was in power in the Centre, it misused CBI to take on political rivals. Whenever we vote in favour of the govt, the opposition blames that we are acting due to my fear of CBI," Mayawati said.
Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari forced to adjourned the House for 10 minutes as BJP MPs up on their feet after Mayawati said BJP framed her in the Taj Corrdoor case and misused the CBI.
Arun Jaitley calls UPA ‘a lame duck’ govt
Calling the UPA govt "a lame duck", Arun Jaitley on Thursday said it was dependent on other parties to muster numbers to win a vote on FDI in retail in the Lok Sabha and would have to pay a huge price for this.
“When you are 18 short of majority, you cannot run the government as you please. After yesterday's Lok Sabha numbers, you are a lame duck government, Arun Jaitley told UPA members in the House.
Initiating the debate on behalf of the BJP in the upper house of the Parliament, Arun Jaitly said that ‘every change is not an economic reform’.
"FDI in retail will replace small middlemen with big middlemen," Jaitley said.
Referring to New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, he said that both big and small retailers can't co-exist. “Had it been the case, the New York would have seen about 10 Wal-Mart stores and many small shops, but it is not the case,” Jaitley added.
He further said that despite being a home country of Wal-Mart, the US has not allowed it to open its stores in Manhattan.
“China can't be a role model for India. China had a much-reformed manufacturing sector before Wal-Mart was allowed in,” Arun Jaitley replied.
Reacting sharply to government’s claim to create huge job opportunity, Jaitley said, “FDI in retail will make India a country of sales boys and girls.”
“Big retailers like Wal-Mart won't create infrastructure in India. They would not make roads, open power plants in India,” Arun Jaitley added.
Arun Jaitley also took a swipe at Kamal Nath. Jaitley said he was a silent admirer of Kamal Nath.
"Kamal Nath took the credit for getting FDI in retail rejected in India. Now, he is taking credit for introducing FDI in India," Jaitley said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The new couple Arpita Khan and Ayush Khan are enjoying their honeymoon, see pics.
- Who looks prettiest in Big Star Award
- Top 10 secrets of 'PK' movie revealed
- Stanford University students meets SRK
- Kate Upton named sexiest woman
- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girls
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer