- Turn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat KaurKatrina shares her look from 'Jagga Jasoos'I fear getting complacent in showbiz: Kalki KoechlinDance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
PM confident FDI decision will get RS approval Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 01:24:09 PM IST File Photo
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday voiced confidence that the FDI decision will get the approval in Rajya Sabha even as BSP chief Mayawati refused to specify the way her party would vote in the Upper House where a discussion on the issue began.
"I am confident about Rajya Sabha," Singh told reporters in Parliament House when asked whether he was confident of winning the vote in Rajya Sabha.
Mayawati, whose party BSP sided with the government in Lok Sabha during voting on FDI in retail, said, "You will see on Thursday" the party stand on the issue in the Upper House.
She said this when reporters asked what would be the party's position in Rajya Sabha where the government is facing a tough test.
Congress and its allies had yesterday defeated the Opposition-backed motion over FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha. SP and BSP had staged a walkout ahead of the voting.
The Opposition, however, has dismissed the government's victory in Lok Sabha alleging that it misused enforcement agencies like CBI to intimidate SP and BSP and win votes in the Lower House.
"It is a fight between CBI and FDI," BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters, taking a dig at SP and BSP over their walkout.
Rejecting the allegation, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the Opposition was "casting aspersions" on the democratic institutions by levelling "baseless" charges.
Talking to reporters, he also expressed confidence that the government will win the FDI test in Rajya Sabha.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Neeraj Pandey plans to head out for a "long break" just two days before his latest 'baby',
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forget
- Being a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
- Kailash Kher's latest video for Swachh Bharat!
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Salman gets inspired from Indiana Jones
- I've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
- Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
With a focus on tech-savvy consumers who need compact machines with on-the-go printing f