- Shah Rukh Khan to choose Sabse ShaanaObama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremony
Saina Nehwal staged a scintillating comeback to defeat reigning world champion Carolina M
PM confident FDI decision will get RS approval Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 01:24:09 PM IST File Photo
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday voiced confidence that the FDI decision will get the approval in Rajya Sabha even as BSP chief Mayawati refused to specify the way her party would vote in the Upper House where a discussion on the issue began.
"I am confident about Rajya Sabha," Singh told reporters in Parliament House when asked whether he was confident of winning the vote in Rajya Sabha.
Mayawati, whose party BSP sided with the government in Lok Sabha during voting on FDI in retail, said, "You will see on Thursday" the party stand on the issue in the Upper House.
She said this when reporters asked what would be the party's position in Rajya Sabha where the government is facing a tough test.
Congress and its allies had yesterday defeated the Opposition-backed motion over FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha. SP and BSP had staged a walkout ahead of the voting.
The Opposition, however, has dismissed the government's victory in Lok Sabha alleging that it misused enforcement agencies like CBI to intimidate SP and BSP and win votes in the Lower House.
"It is a fight between CBI and FDI," BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters, taking a dig at SP and BSP over their walkout.
Rejecting the allegation, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the Opposition was "casting aspersions" on the democratic institutions by levelling "baseless" charges.
Talking to reporters, he also expressed confidence that the government will win the FDI test in Rajya Sabha.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap Superstar Shah Rukh Khan returned to the small screen with his new show "
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
- Overwhelmed by Padma Vibhushan: Big B
- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knot
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28