- Salman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh SinghJhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???While kissing in 'A Flying Jat', Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cutShahid-Mira to announce good news soon
Rio De Janeiro authorities will distribute free tickets for next month's Paralympic Games
PM confident FDI decision will get RS approval Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 01:24:09 PM IST File Photo
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday voiced confidence that the FDI decision will get the approval in Rajya Sabha even as BSP chief Mayawati refused to specify the way her party would vote in the Upper House where a discussion on the issue began.
"I am confident about Rajya Sabha," Singh told reporters in Parliament House when asked whether he was confident of winning the vote in Rajya Sabha.
Mayawati, whose party BSP sided with the government in Lok Sabha during voting on FDI in retail, said, "You will see on Thursday" the party stand on the issue in the Upper House.
She said this when reporters asked what would be the party's position in Rajya Sabha where the government is facing a tough test.
Congress and its allies had yesterday defeated the Opposition-backed motion over FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha. SP and BSP had staged a walkout ahead of the voting.
The Opposition, however, has dismissed the government's victory in Lok Sabha alleging that it misused enforcement agencies like CBI to intimidate SP and BSP and win votes in the Lower House.
"It is a fight between CBI and FDI," BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters, taking a dig at SP and BSP over their walkout.
Rejecting the allegation, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the Opposition was "casting aspersions" on the democratic institutions by levelling "baseless" charges.
Talking to reporters, he also expressed confidence that the government will win the FDI test in Rajya Sabha.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Sayani Gupta, who garnered positive response for her debut film "Margarita with a
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
- Don't have aptitude to join politics: Sonakshi
- Emma Roberts back with former fiance?
- All my roles had potential to stereotype me: Swara
- Really wanted a granddaughter: Neelima Azeem
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u