- Know who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?Kalam\'s funeral on Thursday in TNUnknown facts about Huma QureshiRicha finally offered rolesHappy Birthday Dhanush!Akshay, Sidharth together in 'Brothers Anthem'Kapil Sharma enthralls fans in USA and CanadaSome unknown facts of Kalam\'s life, thought provokingSome life inspiring quotes of APJ Abdul KalamReal hero of India Dr Kalam is no more
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
PM confident FDI decision will get RS approval Last Updated : 06 Dec 2012 01:24:09 PM IST File Photo
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday voiced confidence that the FDI decision will get the approval in Rajya Sabha even as BSP chief Mayawati refused to specify the way her party would vote in the Upper House where a discussion on the issue began.
"I am confident about Rajya Sabha," Singh told reporters in Parliament House when asked whether he was confident of winning the vote in Rajya Sabha.
Mayawati, whose party BSP sided with the government in Lok Sabha during voting on FDI in retail, said, "You will see on Thursday" the party stand on the issue in the Upper House.
She said this when reporters asked what would be the party's position in Rajya Sabha where the government is facing a tough test.
Congress and its allies had yesterday defeated the Opposition-backed motion over FDI in multi-brand retail in the Lok Sabha. SP and BSP had staged a walkout ahead of the voting.
The Opposition, however, has dismissed the government's victory in Lok Sabha alleging that it misused enforcement agencies like CBI to intimidate SP and BSP and win votes in the Lower House.
"It is a fight between CBI and FDI," BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters, taking a dig at SP and BSP over their walkout.
Rejecting the allegation, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that the Opposition was "casting aspersions" on the democratic institutions by levelling "baseless" charges.
Talking to reporters, he also expressed confidence that the government will win the FDI test in Rajya Sabha.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pregnant Reality TV star Kim Kardashian, who is almost five months pregnant with her secon
- 'Dilwale' is a big film says Ajay
- Unknown facts about Sanjay Dutt
- Kapil Sharma performs for fans in Hamilton
- Know who Huma Qureshi attributes her success to?
- Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman
- Ranbir Kapoor in 'Phantom'
- Pulkit defends Salman's tweets on Yakub were misinterpreted
- Unknown facts about Huma Qureshi
An American family has found more than USD 1 million worth of gold artefacts, including 52
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that