- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl AkankshaAishwarya without makeupTopless B-town babes, view picsHrithik drives F1 car in Bang BangRani's brother gets senior position in YRF
Real Sociedad produced a stunning fightback from 2-0 down to beat European champions Real
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Amitabh Bachchan becomes the most-followed Bollywood star on the microblogging
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
- Priyanka Chopra can pack a punch
- Meet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
- Alia Bhatt starts shooting 'Shandaar'
- Aishwarya without makeup
- Topless B-town babes, view pics
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l