- Narula brothers wins \'KBC 8\'Sonam Kapoor speaks against Deepika Padukone in cleavage controversyImages: Vikram, Amy Jackson starrer Tamil film I behind the scenesShanti to debut with \'I Love Dubai\' in B-woodImages: Congress politician Shashi Tharoor to act in movie?Hrehaan and Hridhaan\'s Bollywood dreamsAwesome start to Incheon GamesApple crop in Kashmir completely destroyedRanbir recommends Alia for Ram Lakhan 2,Katrina furiousSonakshi Sinha puts on weight for Rajinikanth
Maintaining her rich vein of form in the current season, Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachhan stands along with the winnner of first ever contestant
- Sonam Kapoor speaks against Deepika Padukone in cleavage controversy
- Images: Vikram, Amy Jackson starrer Tamil film I behind the scenes
- Shanti to debut with 'I Love Dubai' in B-wood
- Images: Congress politician Shashi Tharoor to act in movie?
- Hrehaan and Hridhaan's Bollywood dreams
- KBC8: Delhi's Narula brothers win Rs 7 crore
- SRK crosses 9 million followers on Twitter
- Ranbir recommends Alia for Ram Lakhan 2,Katrina furious
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr