- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As MNS workers protested outside filmmaker Karan Johar's office here on Tuesday over Pakis
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho