- TV presenter\'s nude photos leakedReal reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilitBollywood celebs at Shilpa\'s Diwali bashDevshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view picsFreida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B\'dayList of winners and losersTips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
Two-time Grand Slam winner Andy Murray continues his bid to reach the ATP World Tour Fin
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon has become the latest celebrity to join Prime Minister Na
- TV presenter's nude photos leaked
- Real reason for Gauhar and Kushal spilit
- Bollywood celebs at Shilpa's Diwali bash
- Devshi Khanduri’s semi nude pics goes viral, view pics
- Freida gets stripped for Jr. Mallya on her B'day
- Why SRK lost his cool on Comedy Nights, watch video
- Brett Lee begins shooting 'UnIndian'
- Not prepared to face insecurity from masses: Big B
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country