- Bollywood stars and their tattoosNimmi was afraid of kissing and intimate scenesBollywood celebrities' lunchboxForthcoming films of B\'Town divasIn Pics: Bollywood\'s top 10 boy toysMonkeys do mathsSecret marriages in BollywoodTiger Shroff and Kriti’s maiden lip-lock, view picsMeet hot IPL host Archana VijayaList of films based on Chetan Bhagat\'s books
With the World Cup just round the corner, Indian men's hockey team chief coach Terry Wals
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After actress Rani Mukerji made an official announcement of her and filmmaker Aditya Chopr
- Bollywood stars and their tattoos
- Nimmi was afraid of kissing and intimate scenes
- Bollywood celebrities' lunchbox
- Forthcoming films of B'Town divas
- In Pics: Bollywood's top 10 boy toys
- Secret marriages in Bollywood
- Tiger Shroff and Kriti’s maiden lip-lock, view pics
- List of films based on Chetan Bhagat's books
Monkeys doing simple mathematics, that's quite funny.
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood