- Grenade attack during 'Kick' show in PakKangana Ranaut flaunts cleavageFriendship Day wallpapers and imagesWedding look of Bollywood divasNew hotties in BollywoodSunny Leone goes desi wayImages: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate EidImages: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cuteOMG! Salman Khan turned down Hercules movie offer for KickVideo: Irina Shayk looks sizzling hot in Hercules opposite Dwayne Johnson
Led by Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh, Indian pugilists stole the limelight on th
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Where it has become the highest holiday grosser in Pakistan, Salman Khan's 'Kick' came und
- SRK makes fun of Aamir's PK poster
- Kangana Ranaut flaunts cleavage
- Wedding look of Bollywood divas
- New hotties in Bollywood
- Sunny Leone goes desi way
- Watch trailer of Sin City 2: Eva Green nude scene causes ban
- Images: Salman Khan, rumored girlfriend Jacqueline celebrate Eid
- Images: Hot Evelyn Sharma finds Varun Dhawan super cute
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Samsung has launched three new smartphones priced below Rs 10,000 range.