- Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopensAishwarya Rai\'s returns on Vogue India cover\'Dum Laga Ke Haisha\' will release internationally: AyushmannBollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina DesaiShahrukh Khan thanks Chunky PandeyAmitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar\'s receptionWho has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?Unknown facts about hot Shraddha KapoorAir pollution kills millions in ChinaWeight has never been an issue for me: Bhumi Pednekar
A total of 26 football players will play for preliminary qualification round 1 for 2018 FI
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap, World beauty Aishwarya Rai Bachchan sizzled on the cover of Vogue magaz
- 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha' will release internationally: Ayushmann
- Bollywood very hard to crack for me: Tina Desai
- Shahrukh Khan thanks Chunky Pandey
- Amitabh,Akshay,Jacqueline,Sunny Leone at Tulsi Kumar's reception
- Who has the hottest Satyam Shivam Sundaram look?
- Lady Gaga suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Unknown facts about hot Shraddha Kapoor
- Hit-and-run case: Court turns down prosecution plea
The country's oldest Taraporevala Aquarium in Mumbai reopened on Tuesday, March 3.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w