- Isabelle to go Katrina Kaif wayImages: Miley Cyrus poses completely nude for V magazineWill Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilotModi gifts Gita to AbeKatrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir KapoorIs Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?Aamir weeps openlyPics: This is how the new iPhone 6 will look likeISL gets roaring opening
IPL mania hits Indian football. Now Indian Super League football
2,500 militants in Pakistan camps: Govt Last Updated : 04 Dec 2012 03:40:38 PM IST File Photo:Militants
"Reports indicate that there are 42 militants camps functioning across the borders, 25 in PoK and 17 in Pakistan with about 2,500 militants," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramachandran told Lok Sabha in a writtenreply.
He said intelligence inputs indicate active support of Pakistan Intelligence and Securities Agencies to push terrorists in India.
"The Indo-Pak border, particularly Jammu region, is highly vulnerable to infiltration from Pakistan side. Pak-based, terrorists with the support of Pak Rangers/Pak Army, often make abortive attempts to sneak into Indian territory.
"However, due to intensive vigil and high degree of alertness, BSF personnel foil every attempt of infiltration by Pakistani terrorists. There has been no case of infiltrationby terrorists," Ramachandran said.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year, 489 in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007, as per the information given by the minister.
The Centre in tandem with the State Government has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross-border infiltration including strengthening of border management, construction of border fencing, improved technology, weapons and equipments for security forces, improved intelligence and operational coordination among others, he said.
"Following visit of All Party Delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in September 2010 and in pursuance of the decision taken by Government, the State Government has been requested to review notification of the areas as 'disturbed areas' under the Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special powers Act, 1990," the Minister said responding to a question on withdrawal of AFSPA in a phased manner from J-K.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In her debut film Dr Cabbie, Katrina Kaif's younger sister Isabelle Kaif will do a hot ite
- Images: Miley Cyrus poses completely nude for V magazine
- Will Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?
- Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilot
- Katrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor
- Is Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?
- Aamir weeps openly
- Britney Spears focuses on work to get over split
- Akshay Kumar to challenge Bollywood Khans
For years scientists have theorized about how large rocks some weighing hundreds of pound
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l