- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
Three Union ministers have copme out in support of boxer Sarita Devi as sports minister S
Gulbarg society massacre case: Major relief to Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 05:32:46 PM IST File Photo
A local court in Ahmedabad on Tuesday disallowed Zakia Jafri to file protest petition against SIT report in the Gulbarg Society massacre case.
Court said that Zakia had been given ample of time to file protest petition.
"Zakia Jafri cannot file protest petition against SIT report due to lapse of time giving clean chit to CM Narendra Modi ," court said.
Earlier in April 2012, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Gulberg Society massacre case that took place during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in the state.
Slain former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri’s wife Zakia had accused Modi of not acting against the rioters when her husband was killed.
In its closure report, filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate, the SIT said it had not found any evidence against Modi and 57 others in the Gulberg Society killings.
Metropolitan Magistrate MS Bhatt, who had received the SIT’s closure report in February, said on Tuesday, “According to the SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint.”
Modi’s name was on the top of the list of persons named in Zakia’s complaint. Her husband Ehsaan Jafri was among the 69 people burnt alive by a rioting mob on February 28, 2002 at the Gulberg Housing Society in Ahmedabad.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It's a saying that lack of sleep makes yous skin dull. But actress and former Miss World A
- Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous seflies
- Lisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotions
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
- How Aishwarya lost post-pregnancy weight
- Kapil Sharma's wife does not like his jokes on her
- Ten best dressed stars
- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand