- My scenes in 'Rangoon' were cut: Kangana RanautA fasting diet may help to reverse diabetes'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Gulbarg society massacre case: Major relief to Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 05:32:46 PM IST File Photo
A local court in Ahmedabad on Tuesday disallowed Zakia Jafri to file protest petition against SIT report in the Gulbarg Society massacre case.
Court said that Zakia had been given ample of time to file protest petition.
"Zakia Jafri cannot file protest petition against SIT report due to lapse of time giving clean chit to CM Narendra Modi ," court said.
Earlier in April 2012, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Gulberg Society massacre case that took place during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in the state.
Slain former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri’s wife Zakia had accused Modi of not acting against the rioters when her husband was killed.
In its closure report, filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate, the SIT said it had not found any evidence against Modi and 57 others in the Gulberg Society killings.
Metropolitan Magistrate MS Bhatt, who had received the SIT’s closure report in February, said on Tuesday, “According to the SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint.”
Modi’s name was on the top of the list of persons named in Zakia’s complaint. Her husband Ehsaan Jafri was among the 69 people burnt alive by a rioting mob on February 28, 2002 at the Gulberg Housing Society in Ahmedabad.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
National Award-winning actress Kangana Ranaut says she felt shattered when a few of her im
- Hrithik would love to dance with 500 kg Egyptian woman
- Film Review: Mona Darling: There is something eerie, edgy about it
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major