- Beyonce opts for Indian dress againMughal Gardens to open on Friday'Jism 3' most boldest erotic thrillerRakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report again
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
Gulbarg society massacre case: Major relief to Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 05:32:46 PM IST File Photo
A local court in Ahmedabad on Tuesday disallowed Zakia Jafri to file protest petition against SIT report in the Gulbarg Society massacre case.
Court said that Zakia had been given ample of time to file protest petition.
"Zakia Jafri cannot file protest petition against SIT report due to lapse of time giving clean chit to CM Narendra Modi ," court said.
Earlier in April 2012, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Gulberg Society massacre case that took place during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in the state.
Slain former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri’s wife Zakia had accused Modi of not acting against the rioters when her husband was killed.
In its closure report, filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate, the SIT said it had not found any evidence against Modi and 57 others in the Gulberg Society killings.
Metropolitan Magistrate MS Bhatt, who had received the SIT’s closure report in February, said on Tuesday, “According to the SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint.”
Modi’s name was on the top of the list of persons named in Zakia’s complaint. Her husband Ehsaan Jafri was among the 69 people burnt alive by a rioting mob on February 28, 2002 at the Gulberg Housing Society in Ahmedabad.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After delay of over than a year, Sushant Singh Rajput starrer "Raabta" has finally gone on
- 'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun Dhawan
- Nargis Fakhri happy being Maharashtrian mulgi for Banjo
- Bollywood's most lovable dreaded villain- Pran!
- John shares new poster of 'Rocky Handsome'
- Movie Review Fitoor: A dampener all the way
- Ranveer, Deepika to spend Valentine's Day in Toronto
- Anushka learns wrestling for 'Sultan'
- SRK fined Rs.1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.