- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia BhattSalman Khan's 'Being Salman' game outI don't believe in relationship goals: Esha GuptaSachin presents BMWs to Olympic medallistsI still have more to achieve: Jacqueline FernandezSalman to don astronaut look for show promoAll my roles had potential to stereotype me: SwaraKnow more about Neha DhupiaShahid-Mira: Journey from lovers to parentsJacqueline turns showstopper for Rajesh Singh
The All India Football Federation on Sunday announced the opening of online and outlet tic
Gulbarg society massacre case: Major relief to Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 05:32:46 PM IST File Photo
A local court in Ahmedabad on Tuesday disallowed Zakia Jafri to file protest petition against SIT report in the Gulbarg Society massacre case.
Court said that Zakia had been given ample of time to file protest petition.
"Zakia Jafri cannot file protest petition against SIT report due to lapse of time giving clean chit to CM Narendra Modi ," court said.
Earlier in April 2012, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Gulberg Society massacre case that took place during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in the state.
Slain former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri’s wife Zakia had accused Modi of not acting against the rioters when her husband was killed.
In its closure report, filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate, the SIT said it had not found any evidence against Modi and 57 others in the Gulberg Society killings.
Metropolitan Magistrate MS Bhatt, who had received the SIT’s closure report in February, said on Tuesday, “According to the SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint.”
Modi’s name was on the top of the list of persons named in Zakia’s complaint. Her husband Ehsaan Jafri was among the 69 people burnt alive by a rioting mob on February 28, 2002 at the Gulberg Housing Society in Ahmedabad.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Boman Irani is open to the idea of going to Hollywood to explore a “different worl
- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia Bhatt
- Salman Khan's 'Being Salman' game out
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta
- I still have more to achieve: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Dadlani says he quit AAP on his own, calls AAP family
- Amber Rose has no count of her sex partners
- Subha wants to do women-oriented project
- Koratala Siva, Mahesh Babu to team up next
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an