- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Gulbarg society massacre case: Major relief to Narendra Modi Last Updated : 27 Nov 2012 05:32:46 PM IST File Photo
A local court in Ahmedabad on Tuesday disallowed Zakia Jafri to file protest petition against SIT report in the Gulbarg Society massacre case.
Court said that Zakia had been given ample of time to file protest petition.
"Zakia Jafri cannot file protest petition against SIT report due to lapse of time giving clean chit to CM Narendra Modi ," court said.
Earlier in April 2012, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in the Gulberg Society massacre case that took place during the 2002 post-Godhra riots in the state.
Slain former Congress MP Ehsaan Jafri’s wife Zakia had accused Modi of not acting against the rioters when her husband was killed.
In its closure report, filed before the Metropolitan Magistrate, the SIT said it had not found any evidence against Modi and 57 others in the Gulberg Society killings.
Metropolitan Magistrate MS Bhatt, who had received the SIT’s closure report in February, said on Tuesday, “According to the SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint.”
Modi’s name was on the top of the list of persons named in Zakia’s complaint. Her husband Ehsaan Jafri was among the 69 people burnt alive by a rioting mob on February 28, 2002 at the Gulberg Housing Society in Ahmedabad.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2