- Women gets intimate at bed timePICS:Solar plane to cross Pacific in 5 days, 5 nightsSexy Priyanka shares her style secret!Hero’s fuel economy claim is misleading: HondaRekha is still young in her mind and approachTime to take my experience back to Pakistan: Ali ZafarWilliam and Kate back home with Britain\'s new princessFresh tremors in Nepal, death toll nears 7,000'Hamari Adhuri Kahani' trailer out on May 4thCondolences for Nepal earthquake is not for publicity
Sim Bhullar, the seven-footer who became the first Indian-origin hoopster to play in the g
BJP's show-cause to Ram Jethmalani Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 07:16:46 PM IST File photo of Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani.
BJP on Monday issued a show-cause notice to its Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani asking him to explain why he should not be expelled from the party for "anti-party" activities and indiscipline.
Moving a step forward on his suspension, BJP on Monday issued a show-cause notice to its Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani asking him to explain why he should not be expelled from the party for "anti-party" activities and indiscipline.
"The Parliamentary Board confirmed the decision of national president Nitin Gadkari to immediately suspend Ram Jethmalani for his indiscipline and anti-party activities. He has also been issued a notice on why he should not be expelled from the party for six years," BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar told reporters after the meeting.
BJP show-cause to Jethmalani on why he should not be expelled:
Kumar, however, said the issue of the statements made by its Lok Sabha MPs Yashwant Sinha and Shatrughan Sinha against Gadkari and its Leaders of the Opposition in the two Houses of Parliament did not come up for discussion in the meeting. The two leaders have also demanded Gadkari's resignation.
Shatrughan Sinha had also supported Jethmalani in demanding the resignation of Gadkari.
Only the Parliamentary Board, BJP's highest decision-making body, has the authority to expel a party MP or an MLA.
In 2009, senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh had been expelled without being show-caused even though he is a Lok Sabha MP when he wrote a book praising Pakistan founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah and holding Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Patel responsible for the Partition.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ranveer Singh's selfie from a hospital bed left many amused but the actor said he posted t
- Strange! Ali Zafar to quit Hindi movies
- Sexy Priyanka shares her style secret!
- 'Aloha' gets new trailer
- Rekha is still young in her mind and approach
- Time to take my experience back to Pakistan: Ali Zafar
- 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani' trailer out on May 4th
- Condolences for Nepal earthquake is not for publicity
- Britney explores cleavage
Waste tyres can be a great environmental concern but a professor at a Japanese university
The Haryana government launched seven e-services and software applications in a measure to