- See Sunny in naked avtaar!PICS: Suresh and Priyanka are now engagedWhy Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?Wow! Urban ants love junk foodSonakshi showing her bare legsAttention! Don't boost kids to 'sip' alcoholMeet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debutVirat and Anushka with embarrassing look after WC defeatSonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see picsDelhi\'s all time hit food joints
India's legendary sprinter Milkha Singh on Wednesday said that doping is like cancer and g
26/11 anniversary: Security beefed up in Mumbai Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 06:52:55 AM IST File photo
Security has been beefed up across Mumbai as the city marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks, which comes close on the heels of the hanging of lone caught terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Kasab.
"There is no specific threat but we have been alert for (the) past one week," Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
"Even though there were 'threats' to the financial capital but Mumbai Police are well-prepared to tackle any eventuality," he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.
According to sources, security has also been tightened after Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan warned of mounting attacks "in India and anywhere" to avenge Kasab's hanging.
"Such terror groups have always threatened to take some or (the) other action," Singh said in a lighter vein when asked about the threat perception.
Elaborating further, the police commissioner said "there are four points of preparedness. First is that we should be aware if there is any actual threat or not and if there is threat then we should know its source."
If the threat is real, then its roots should be unearthed and it is also necessary to establish who are supporting the terrorists, he said.
"We have progressed in four years in our intelligence gathering skills," he said, adding that specially-trained cells have been formed at the police station level.
Elaborating on the security arrangements, Singh said there were 39 divisions posted in the city and they have First Response Team (FRT) at their disposal besides five regional additional commissioners of police having QRTs. "Other than that we have Force one, ATS etc," he said.
The Police have visited 400 schools and colleges to help form 'Mritunjay' clubs in order to make students aware about terrorism. "We also conduct mock drills regularly," he added.
Search operations, nakabandis and combing operations are also being undertaken, he said.
"In a month or two, the Mumbai Police will start the process of installing CCTV cameras across the city," the police commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hold your breath. We are going to show you a very hot pic of Sunny. Have you seen Sunny se
- Why Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?
- PICS:Sonakshi showing her bare legs
- Women empowerment more than just sex
- Meet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debut
- Sonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see pics
- Watch Video: Sunny Leone in boldest avatar ever
- Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol's Baby Shower ceremony
- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girls
Some ants on the streets of Manhattan have developed a taste for junk food, offering insig
Google is releasing its cheapest Chromebook laptops yet, two versions priced at USD 149 ai