- Sunny Leone enjoys 'After Party Night'World's largest lake at Sahara desertNow dogs can date too!Sunny Leone wants to follow Kim KardashianD-company men are out to kill Chhota Rajan in AustraliaShamita Shetty open to challenging rolesAgain love overshadow marriage in Salman\'s lifeSunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'Lovato blasts at bikini hatersLove is back in Salman's life
Defending champions India notched up an emphatic 93-44 win over Sri Lanka in the finals of
26/11 anniversary: Security beefed up in Mumbai Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 06:52:55 AM IST File photo
Security has been beefed up across Mumbai as the city marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks, which comes close on the heels of the hanging of lone caught terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Kasab.
"There is no specific threat but we have been alert for (the) past one week," Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
"Even though there were 'threats' to the financial capital but Mumbai Police are well-prepared to tackle any eventuality," he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.
According to sources, security has also been tightened after Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan warned of mounting attacks "in India and anywhere" to avenge Kasab's hanging.
"Such terror groups have always threatened to take some or (the) other action," Singh said in a lighter vein when asked about the threat perception.
Elaborating further, the police commissioner said "there are four points of preparedness. First is that we should be aware if there is any actual threat or not and if there is threat then we should know its source."
If the threat is real, then its roots should be unearthed and it is also necessary to establish who are supporting the terrorists, he said.
"We have progressed in four years in our intelligence gathering skills," he said, adding that specially-trained cells have been formed at the police station level.
Elaborating on the security arrangements, Singh said there were 39 divisions posted in the city and they have First Response Team (FRT) at their disposal besides five regional additional commissioners of police having QRTs. "Other than that we have Force one, ATS etc," he said.
The Police have visited 400 schools and colleges to help form 'Mritunjay' clubs in order to make students aware about terrorism. "We also conduct mock drills regularly," he added.
Search operations, nakabandis and combing operations are also being undertaken, he said.
"In a month or two, the Mumbai Police will start the process of installing CCTV cameras across the city," the police commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Donning a white suit, carrying a gun and flashing a wide grin, actor John Abraham shows of
- Sunny Leone enjoys 'After Party Night'
- Sunny Leone wants to follow Kim Kardashian
- Shamita Shetty open to challenging roles
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West are 'opposites'
- I get more respect when I colour my hair brown: Blake Lively
- Again love overshadow marriage in Salman's life
- Sunny Leone appears in bikini at 'Splitsvilla 8'
- Lovato blasts at bikini haters
A new app that allows dog owners to connect and perhaps find love for themselves.
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe