- Diamond ring for Shraddha from Aditya KapoorGirls will relate to my 'Khoobsurat' character: SonamReason why SRK got 8-pack absCelebs share their favorite food prepared by momsSupport for Deepika over cleavage controversyShraddha Kapoor marrying rumored boyfriend Aditya Roy Kapoor?\'Mission 10000KM\' kicks offStory of Parineeti Chopra, Aditya Roy Kapoor movie Daawat-e-IshqArnold Schwarzenegger in India for I movie music launch; will meet Rajinikanth\'Terminator\' star lands in India
Former France and Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka, who will be turning out for Mumbai City
26/11 anniversary: Security beefed up in Mumbai Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 06:52:55 AM IST File photo
Security has been beefed up across Mumbai as the city marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks, which comes close on the heels of the hanging of lone caught terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Kasab.
"There is no specific threat but we have been alert for (the) past one week," Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
"Even though there were 'threats' to the financial capital but Mumbai Police are well-prepared to tackle any eventuality," he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.
According to sources, security has also been tightened after Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan warned of mounting attacks "in India and anywhere" to avenge Kasab's hanging.
"Such terror groups have always threatened to take some or (the) other action," Singh said in a lighter vein when asked about the threat perception.
Elaborating further, the police commissioner said "there are four points of preparedness. First is that we should be aware if there is any actual threat or not and if there is threat then we should know its source."
If the threat is real, then its roots should be unearthed and it is also necessary to establish who are supporting the terrorists, he said.
"We have progressed in four years in our intelligence gathering skills," he said, adding that specially-trained cells have been formed at the police station level.
Elaborating on the security arrangements, Singh said there were 39 divisions posted in the city and they have First Response Team (FRT) at their disposal besides five regional additional commissioners of police having QRTs. "Other than that we have Force one, ATS etc," he said.
The Police have visited 400 schools and colleges to help form 'Mritunjay' clubs in order to make students aware about terrorism. "We also conduct mock drills regularly," he added.
Search operations, nakabandis and combing operations are also being undertaken, he said.
"In a month or two, the Mumbai Police will start the process of installing CCTV cameras across the city," the police commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The team of 'Happy New Year' unveiled the 'Lovely' song teaser featuring Deepika Padukone
- Diamond ring for Shraddha from Aditya Kapoor
- Girls will relate to my 'Khoobsurat' character: Sonam
- DU girls go mad for Aditya Roy Kapur
- Reason why SRK got 8-pack abs
- Celebs share their favorite food prepared by moms
- Support for Deepika over cleavage controversy
- Shraddha Kapoor marrying rumored boyfriend Aditya Roy Kapoor?
- 'Mission 10000KM' kicks off
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Tech giant Google on Monday launched its much-awaited Android One smartphones, priced at R