- Meet gorgeous girl UrvashiFinally! Ranbir Kapoor admits he is in loveWhen Ranbir took Virat\'s ladylove in his armsKangana, Mamata Kulkarni, Madakini posed frontal nudeShahid shattered, fiancee Mira Rajput's pics with ex boyfriend go viralSalute to NDRF Soilders ZealWhy did Sushant Rajput\'s girlfriend slap him publiclySunrisers Hyderabad Win Over Kings XI PunjabShruti, Akshay at 'Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma'Shocking! See Radhika Apte's pics where she goes nude
Sachin Tendulkar is furious about the news of his daughter Sara making a Bollywood debut.
26/11 anniversary: Security beefed up in Mumbai Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 06:52:55 AM IST File photo
Security has been beefed up across Mumbai as the city marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks, which comes close on the heels of the hanging of lone caught terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Kasab.
"There is no specific threat but we have been alert for (the) past one week," Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
"Even though there were 'threats' to the financial capital but Mumbai Police are well-prepared to tackle any eventuality," he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.
According to sources, security has also been tightened after Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan warned of mounting attacks "in India and anywhere" to avenge Kasab's hanging.
"Such terror groups have always threatened to take some or (the) other action," Singh said in a lighter vein when asked about the threat perception.
Elaborating further, the police commissioner said "there are four points of preparedness. First is that we should be aware if there is any actual threat or not and if there is threat then we should know its source."
If the threat is real, then its roots should be unearthed and it is also necessary to establish who are supporting the terrorists, he said.
"We have progressed in four years in our intelligence gathering skills," he said, adding that specially-trained cells have been formed at the police station level.
Elaborating on the security arrangements, Singh said there were 39 divisions posted in the city and they have First Response Team (FRT) at their disposal besides five regional additional commissioners of police having QRTs. "Other than that we have Force one, ATS etc," he said.
The Police have visited 400 schools and colleges to help form 'Mritunjay' clubs in order to make students aware about terrorism. "We also conduct mock drills regularly," he added.
Search operations, nakabandis and combing operations are also being undertaken, he said.
"In a month or two, the Mumbai Police will start the process of installing CCTV cameras across the city," the police commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Urvashi Rautela is an Indian actress, and model who appears in Bollywood films.
- Finally! Ranbir Kapoor admits he is in love
- Check credibility before donating, says Manisha Koirala
- When Ranbir took Virat's ladylove in his arms
- When Kangana posed frontal nude
- Why Kareena met Shahid's fiancee's ex boyfriend?
- Kangana, Mamata Kulkarni, Madakini posed frontal nude
- Shahid shattered, fiancee Mira Rajput's pics with ex boyfriend go viral
- It is final: Katrina-Ranbir are getting married in November!
In a shocking incident, an infant died of suffocation after her 25-year-old mother alleged
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,