- Why Anushka Sharma is a beauty without brains?Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore businessSonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followersFreida Pinto to be a guest star on \'The Mindy Project\'Radhika Apte - The lucky girlSalman\'s tweets on Yakub Menon were misinterpreted: PulkitWhat inspires Milind to make his 50th birthday remarkable?Is Kim Kardashian faking her baby bump?Unknown facts about Sanjay DuttKapil Sharma performs for fans in Hamilton
The Indian sports fraternity joined the nation in mourning the death of former President A
26/11 anniversary: Security beefed up in Mumbai Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 06:52:55 AM IST File photo
Security has been beefed up across Mumbai as the city marks the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 terror attacks, which comes close on the heels of the hanging of lone caught terrorist Mohammad Ajmal Kasab.
"There is no specific threat but we have been alert for (the) past one week," Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
"Even though there were 'threats' to the financial capital but Mumbai Police are well-prepared to tackle any eventuality," he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.
According to sources, security has also been tightened after Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan warned of mounting attacks "in India and anywhere" to avenge Kasab's hanging.
"Such terror groups have always threatened to take some or (the) other action," Singh said in a lighter vein when asked about the threat perception.
Elaborating further, the police commissioner said "there are four points of preparedness. First is that we should be aware if there is any actual threat or not and if there is threat then we should know its source."
If the threat is real, then its roots should be unearthed and it is also necessary to establish who are supporting the terrorists, he said.
"We have progressed in four years in our intelligence gathering skills," he said, adding that specially-trained cells have been formed at the police station level.
Elaborating on the security arrangements, Singh said there were 39 divisions posted in the city and they have First Response Team (FRT) at their disposal besides five regional additional commissioners of police having QRTs. "Other than that we have Force one, ATS etc," he said.
The Police have visited 400 schools and colleges to help form 'Mritunjay' clubs in order to make students aware about terrorism. "We also conduct mock drills regularly," he added.
Search operations, nakabandis and combing operations are also being undertaken, he said.
"In a month or two, the Mumbai Police will start the process of installing CCTV cameras across the city," the police commissioner said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood's beautiful Anushka Sharma had a foot in mouth moment. In fact, it was shocking
- Case against Salman for defending Yakub
- See how Taj Mahal destoryed in 'Pixel' movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition' to open Toronto Film Festival
- Salman Khan regrets not meeting APJ Abdul Kalam
- Ajay feels Drishyam cannot do 150 crore business
- Sonam Kapoor has 7 million Twitter followers
- Freida Pinto to be a guest star on 'The Mindy Project'
- Radhika Apte - The lucky girl
An American family has found more than USD 1 million worth of gold artefacts, including 52
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that