- HC relief for Deepika PadukoneRape accused lynched in DimapurWatch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest Indian
Jeev Milkha Singh's erratic driving saw him struggle in the opening round of the Africa Op
BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment as CBI chief Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 03:22:31 PM IST BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment
BJP demanded annulment of the government decision to appoint Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director.
Th Party contended that the Select Committee on Lokpal had suggested that such appointments should be done through a collegium method.
Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, Leaders of the Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively, have written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking reversal of the decision to appoint Sinha as the next CBI Director.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, the BJP leaders said that appointment of the new CBI Director should not have been done when the Rajya Sabha Select Committee on the Lokpal Bill had recommended that such appointments should be done through collegium.
Sinha, a 1974 batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre and current Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Force, has been named by the government as the next director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sinha will take charge from Amar Pratap Singh, who retires on November 30.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an interim order, the Bombay High Court has restrained the city police from arresting o
- Listen romantic Holi songs
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Motorola will bring the second generation of its affordable smartphone 'Moto E' to India o