- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment as CBI chief Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 03:22:31 PM IST BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment
BJP demanded annulment of the government decision to appoint Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director.
Th Party contended that the Select Committee on Lokpal had suggested that such appointments should be done through a collegium method.
Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, Leaders of the Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively, have written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking reversal of the decision to appoint Sinha as the next CBI Director.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, the BJP leaders said that appointment of the new CBI Director should not have been done when the Rajya Sabha Select Committee on the Lokpal Bill had recommended that such appointments should be done through collegium.
Sinha, a 1974 batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre and current Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Force, has been named by the government as the next director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sinha will take charge from Amar Pratap Singh, who retires on November 30.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country