- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by stormFirst look of 'Bombairiya' unveiledSalman has Hollywood offer from SylvesterPamela Anderson ready to date guys againEva Green ditched her natural hairSofia's ex seek custody of embryosWhy Cara Delevingne is angry?Old foes MI, CSK to meet in IPL finalPamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment as CBI chief Last Updated : 23 Nov 2012 03:22:31 PM IST BJP opposes Ranjit Sinha’s appointment
BJP demanded annulment of the government decision to appoint Ranjit Sinha as the new CBI Director.
Th Party contended that the Select Committee on Lokpal had suggested that such appointments should be done through a collegium method.
Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley, Leaders of the Opposition in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha respectively, have written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking reversal of the decision to appoint Sinha as the next CBI Director.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, the BJP leaders said that appointment of the new CBI Director should not have been done when the Rajya Sabha Select Committee on the Lokpal Bill had recommended that such appointments should be done through collegium.
Sinha, a 1974 batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre and current Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Force, has been named by the government as the next director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sinha will take charge from Amar Pratap Singh, who retires on November 30.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Bollywood's pretty lady Anushka Sharma has exhausted herself and was falling ill. Ev
- PICS:Whom Khloe Kardashian dating now?
- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by storm
- FIR, obscenity case against Sunny Leone
- Raj Babbar, Salma Agha to reunite
- First look of 'Bombairiya' unveiled
- Salman has Hollywood offer from Sylvester
- Pamela Anderson ready to date guys again
- Eva Green ditched her natural hair
An American woman, said to be the oldest living person in the world, has celebrated her 11
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and