- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive filmMahashivaratri Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'This is what Kareena expects from RangoonPics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30s
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday organised the International Boxing Associat
Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 11:33:31 AM IST Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X
The lone captured Mumbai terror attacks gunman Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab was executed on Wednesday in a top-secret manner and the operation was codenamed as ‘Operation X’ .
The "Operation X" includes the entire process that began on November 5 when the President rejected the mercy plea of Kasab and ended this morning with the terrorist’s execution.
Under the Operation X , Ajmal Kasab was shifted to Yerwada jail two days back, which is well-equipped to carry out the execution.‘Operation X’ was led by Special IG (law and order) Devan Bharti.
President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition filed by the Pakistani gunman on November 5. The file was sent back to Maharashtra government three days later after which a special team of 17 officials was created to execute Operation X. The operation was conducted in a covert manner led by Special IG of Maharashtra Police Deven Bharti.
The 200-strong contingent of ITBP, which had been guarding him since March 2009, were not informed about his transfer to Yerwada jail.
Sources said mobile phones of all officers but Devan Bharti had been switched off since the operation began.
Devan Bharti was entrusted with the responsibility of transferring Kasab to Pune from Mumbai. At 7.40 am this morning, after Kasab was executed, the IG reportedly messaged: “Operation X completed successfully.”
Bharti had the task to shift Kasab to Yerwada.A meeting was called in Mumbai on Tuesday to alert the top cops about an important event that is due to take place today and were told to take charge of their jurisdiction immediately.
Meera Borwankar, additional director general of police (prisons), was assigned the task to inform the Home Ministry about the successful completion of Operation X.
Police sources said he was asked two questions: Do you have any last wish? Do you want your belongings to be given to someone?
Kasabneither expressed his last wish nor did he want his belongings to be given to others.
Officials said his last words were, 'Allah kasam, aisi ghalati dobara nahi hogi (I swear by Allah, I will never commit such a wrong again).
At exactly 7.30 am, the lever was pushed to hang Kasab. Ten minutes later the medical officer declared the terrorist dead.
At 7.46 am, police officers conveyed the message to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil] that 'Operation X is over'
Kasab's corpse was buried on the jail premises itself.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Mona Darling is a horror-thriller set in the contemporary, post-cyber world. And the titul
- 'Rangoon': An impressively immersive film
- Wanted to connect with youth through 'Roadies': Harbhajan Singh
- Bhansali truly makes an artiste out of me: Priyanka Chopra
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on TV
- Celebs pray for peace, love on Mahashivaratri
- Big B turns down invitation by Queen Elizabeth II
- Deepika denies doing remake of 'Mr & Mrs. Smith'
- This is what Kareena expects from 'Rangoon'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major