- Why is SRK following Big B blindlyKatrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry herKareena doing charity while holidaying in LondonChris Gayle's wild sideGauahar meets Kushal Tandon\'s parentsThis is why Aamir went nude for PKRekha challenges Shah Rukh Khan openlyLFW Winter Festive 2014OMG! Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are divorcingSalman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?
Atletico Madrid won the Spanish Supercup 2-1 on aggregate following a 1-0 win over Real M
Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 11:33:31 AM IST Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X
The lone captured Mumbai terror attacks gunman Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab was executed on Wednesday in a top-secret manner and the operation was codenamed as ‘Operation X’ .
The "Operation X" includes the entire process that began on November 5 when the President rejected the mercy plea of Kasab and ended this morning with the terrorist’s execution.
Under the Operation X , Ajmal Kasab was shifted to Yerwada jail two days back, which is well-equipped to carry out the execution.‘Operation X’ was led by Special IG (law and order) Devan Bharti.
President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition filed by the Pakistani gunman on November 5. The file was sent back to Maharashtra government three days later after which a special team of 17 officials was created to execute Operation X. The operation was conducted in a covert manner led by Special IG of Maharashtra Police Deven Bharti.
The 200-strong contingent of ITBP, which had been guarding him since March 2009, were not informed about his transfer to Yerwada jail.
Sources said mobile phones of all officers but Devan Bharti had been switched off since the operation began.
Devan Bharti was entrusted with the responsibility of transferring Kasab to Pune from Mumbai. At 7.40 am this morning, after Kasab was executed, the IG reportedly messaged: “Operation X completed successfully.”
Bharti had the task to shift Kasab to Yerwada.A meeting was called in Mumbai on Tuesday to alert the top cops about an important event that is due to take place today and were told to take charge of their jurisdiction immediately.
Meera Borwankar, additional director general of police (prisons), was assigned the task to inform the Home Ministry about the successful completion of Operation X.
Police sources said he was asked two questions: Do you have any last wish? Do you want your belongings to be given to someone?
Kasabneither expressed his last wish nor did he want his belongings to be given to others.
Officials said his last words were, 'Allah kasam, aisi ghalati dobara nahi hogi (I swear by Allah, I will never commit such a wrong again).
At exactly 7.30 am, the lever was pushed to hang Kasab. Ten minutes later the medical officer declared the terrorist dead.
At 7.46 am, police officers conveyed the message to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil] that 'Operation X is over'
Kasab's corpse was buried on the jail premises itself.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shah Rukh Khan follows Amitabh Bachchan again, likely to star in remake of Hum
- Video: Sunny Leone clears ALS Ice Bucket challenge
- Humaima faints on set of 'Raja Natwarlal': Watch video
- Katrina heartbroken as Ranbir refuses to marry her
- Kareena doing charity while holidaying in London
- 'Shake Your Bootiya' with Deepika and Arjun!
- Coming soon Madonna's 'super weird' song
- Gauahar meets Kushal Tandon's parents
- Hrithik says no to Kabir Khan
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart