- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti HaasanTop ten super hot girls of 2014Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfieIndia launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 11:33:31 AM IST Ajmal Kasab's execution was codenamed Operation X
The lone captured Mumbai terror attacks gunman Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab was executed on Wednesday in a top-secret manner and the operation was codenamed as ‘Operation X’ .
The "Operation X" includes the entire process that began on November 5 when the President rejected the mercy plea of Kasab and ended this morning with the terrorist’s execution.
Under the Operation X , Ajmal Kasab was shifted to Yerwada jail two days back, which is well-equipped to carry out the execution.‘Operation X’ was led by Special IG (law and order) Devan Bharti.
President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected the mercy petition filed by the Pakistani gunman on November 5. The file was sent back to Maharashtra government three days later after which a special team of 17 officials was created to execute Operation X. The operation was conducted in a covert manner led by Special IG of Maharashtra Police Deven Bharti.
The 200-strong contingent of ITBP, which had been guarding him since March 2009, were not informed about his transfer to Yerwada jail.
Sources said mobile phones of all officers but Devan Bharti had been switched off since the operation began.
Devan Bharti was entrusted with the responsibility of transferring Kasab to Pune from Mumbai. At 7.40 am this morning, after Kasab was executed, the IG reportedly messaged: “Operation X completed successfully.”
Bharti had the task to shift Kasab to Yerwada.A meeting was called in Mumbai on Tuesday to alert the top cops about an important event that is due to take place today and were told to take charge of their jurisdiction immediately.
Meera Borwankar, additional director general of police (prisons), was assigned the task to inform the Home Ministry about the successful completion of Operation X.
Police sources said he was asked two questions: Do you have any last wish? Do you want your belongings to be given to someone?
Kasabneither expressed his last wish nor did he want his belongings to be given to others.
Officials said his last words were, 'Allah kasam, aisi ghalati dobara nahi hogi (I swear by Allah, I will never commit such a wrong again).
At exactly 7.30 am, the lever was pushed to hang Kasab. Ten minutes later the medical officer declared the terrorist dead.
At 7.46 am, police officers conveyed the message to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil] that 'Operation X is over'
Kasab's corpse was buried on the jail premises itself.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Meet the four sexy girls of Kingfisher Calender 2015
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
- Man spends USD 150K to look like Kim K
- Top ten spicy controversies of Aamir Khan
- Sajid Nadiadwala's Next Project to go on Floors This Year
- Ten Bollywood scandals of 2014
- No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti Haasan
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer