- Ishant Sharma: India’s Mystery ManIlena D\'cruz spills on her LOVEHate Story2 encouraging lot of Skin show in forthcoming releasesSalman Khan\'s Kick may not be released in EidJohn Abraham to lose 17 kgs for football biopicAlia Bhatt to romance her first crushIndia\'s 5 stars at LordsNargis Fakri in love with Salman KhanNow SSC exams have questions on hot heroinesNew pics of Katy Perry and Madonna from racy V magazine photoshoot
The unprecedented success achieved in the last edition would be hard to replicate this tim
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Barfi actress Ileana D’Cruz confessed her love on social media by disclosing her close
- Hate Story2 encouraging lot of Skin show in forthcoming releases
- Salman Khan's Kick may not be released in Eid
- John Abraham to lose 17 kgs for football biopic
- Alia Bhatt to romance her first crush
- AAP’s Kumar Biswas will be a billionaire?
- Nargis Fakri in love with Salman Khan
- Now SSC exams have questions on hot heroines
- New pics of Katy Perry and Madonna from racy V magazine photoshoot
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.