- Sachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimplesKaran-Bipasha open to working togetherPoster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film outTom Hiddleston in 'advanced talks' for 25th Bond movieMahesh Babu takes 'full responsibility' for 'Brahmotsavam' failureIs Navya Naveli in love?Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthy
Veteran discuss thrower Seema Antil qualified for the Rio Olympics with a gold medal winni
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday launched his premium menswear and and accessor
- I am a greedy actor, says Vidya Balan
- SRK takes flight back from work to avoid traffic!
- When Karan Johar got emotional on 'Befikre' set!
- In coming times, all cinemas will be multiplexes: Big B
- Karan-Bipasha open to working together
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Poster of Vidya Balan's first Marathi film out
- Harman Baweja's brother's 'personal' video leaked online
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T