- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch