- Parineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnantNana Patekar\'s temper is justified: John AbrahamBigg Boss 9: Let’s know the possible contestants of the showWill Radhe Maa enter Bigg Boss 9?These figures support Kangana's frustrationsShah Rukh wraps \'Dilwale\' shooting in IcelandKangana Ranaut to play an actress in \'Rangoon\'Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion WeekKaran Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in London
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superhero Hrithik Roshan said he is still single while he dodging questions on h
- Parineeti's hot photoshoot for 'The Juice'
- Hrithik signs film starring Deepika Padukone
- No issues between me and Shahid: Saif
- Kareena will revisit the dark zone with 'Udta Punjab'
- It is Confirmed now that Rani Mukerji is pregnant
- Nana Patekar's temper is justified: John Abraham
- Bigg Boss 9: Let’s know the possible contestants of the show
- Ram Gopal Varma deliberately violated 'Sholay' copyright: HC
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.