- Katrina gets truck full of roses as giftAditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun TahilianiKatrina caught with Aditya at Janpath MarketShilpa Shetty to flaunt yoga movesKatrina happy to be going strongRose Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesDeepika-Diesel will make Ranveer jealousAll you want to know about Shahid's Valentine's Day planAbhishek celebrates birthday on cruise
With squash failing in three consecutive bids since 2005 to become part of the Olympic pro
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina Kaif gets gift truck full of roses by co-star Aditya Roy Kapur on International Ro
- Aditya, Shradha coming back with 'Ok Janu'
- Katrina Kaif looks drop-dead gorgeous for Tarun Tahiliani
- Katrina caught with Aditya at Janpath Market
- Katrina Kaif spending V-day with Ranbir Kapoor?
- Michael Moore in ICU with pneumonia
- Katrina happy to be going strong
- Shan Johnson found dead in her flat
- Theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
A woman gave birth to quadruplets at a private nursing home here today, doctors attending
Taiwanese manufacturer HTC on Friday launched a new 4G-enabled smartphone, called the Desi