- Sania wants to maintain No. 1 positionSexy Malaika wants to turn choreographerBig B enjoying homemade stories of little AaradhayaSonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'Anushka taking career's biggest riskArjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'Who is playing Aamir Khan's daughter in Dangal?PICS:Rahul blames Modi for snatching land from farmersWhy Sunny Leone is better than Sherlyn Chopra and Rakhi SawantNew 'Jurassic World' poster unveiled
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Kasab Hanging: India sets example of fair trial Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 04:59:15 PM IST kasab
Hanging Ajmal Kasab to death has closed the chapter that gathered dust for four years. Justice has finally been done to the state in general and to the affected families in particular.
Talking to Samaylive.com Shri Upendra Rai, Editor and News Director , Sahara News Network said that "This incident of my life I will never be able to forget. I was also at the Hotel Oberoi at the time of the attacks and had just walked away five minutes before the firing started. I heard the gunshots soon after and returned from the temple near chaupati".
Shri Rai said that around 156 people lost their lives in the attacks. The long judicial process shows that even a terrorist like Amir Ajmal Kasab who killed so many people and created a mayhem was given ample chance to defend himself in the Indian court of law. Kasab had virtually challanged the unity and integrity of India.
The long trial of Kasab teaches other nations that India is not prejudiced. They should learn from the example set by us. An example of giving oppertunity to defend himself -be it an enemy like Kasab. Kasab was given capital punishment after four long years of the Mumbai attack.
Mr Rai also supported the government move of keeping the decision of hanging Amir Ajmal Kasab discreet saying such situations may degenerate into lawlessness at times.
Recounting the days of attack Head of Samaylive.com Shri Durgesh Upadhyaya said that Mumbai wore a look of complete chaos and breakdown. ' I was working with BBC that time and as we came out of our Bandra office we saw a Mumbai vastly changed and hugely terror-stricken.
The hanging of Kasab is a victory for Indian Judiciary, a victory for Mumbai police and of course a victory for the people of India, he added. But most of all it reflects the India ethos of giving chance to defend one self even if he is an enemy. Mr Upadhaya added.
Watch video related to this news:
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Malaika Arora Khan wants to turn choreographer for movies after showing off her da
- Big B enjoying homemade stories of little Aaradhaya
- Sonam Kapoor humbled to play 'Neerja Bhanot'
- Anushka taking career's biggest risk
- Know the Truth behind Shahid's No to 'XXX'!
- Arjun Rampal growing beard for 'Daddy'
- Calvin Harris is allergic to Taylor Swift's cats
- Kylie Jenner doesn't want to be a model
- Kevin James uses a Segway to control his children.
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!