- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to IslamSalman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track \'In Da Club\'Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view picsStandoff in Ladakh\'s Chumar ends as PLA troops returnKatrina Kaif with Salman Khan in Bigg Boss 8Katrina, Hrithik at song launch of \'Bang Bang\'Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da ClubWhat are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?Varun looks cool with MJ tattoo on hand
Putting up yet another dominating performance, defending champions Sania Mirza and Cara Bl
Kasab's hanging: Families of slain police officer rejoice Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 12:24:49 PM IST Salaskar's wife is happy
The families of police officers killed in Mumbai 26/ 11 incident have expressed satisfaction at Kasab's hanging. Smita Salaskar, wife of Vijay Salaskar and brother of sub-inspector Tukaram Omble felt relieved.
"Though the execution was delayed, Kasab was finally hanged. With this hanging, homage has been paid to my husband. But the real homage will be the conviction of other accused shielded in Pakistan," Smita said.
Thanking President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy plea of the Pakistani gunman, Smita said, "Late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had also demanded Kasab's hanging. His wish and our wish have been finally fulfilled."
"The entire family is happy to hear the news that Kasab was hanged, ahead of fourth anniversary of the attack," Smita said.
The hanging would surely send a message across the globe that India would not tolerate any terror attack, Smita said, adding, "I hope death sentence of Parliament House attack convict Afzal Guru would also be executed soon."
Police Inspector Salaskar was among the first causalities along with ATS chief Hemant Karkare and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte during the November 2008 attacks on the megapolis.
Expressing satisfaction over Ajmal Kasab's hanging, Eknath Omble, brother of assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Omble who died while trying to capture the terrorist, today said he should have been executed in public.
Tukaram Omble was killed while trying to capture Kasab on the dreaded night of November 26, 2008.
"I am proud and very happy that my brother's efforts have paid off," a visibly jubilant Eknath said.
"We are very happy and satisfied. Ajmal Kasab should have been hanged in public, but I know our law does not permit this," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who lashed out at a news article published in a leadin
- After posing nude for a magazine Mamta Kulkarni now converts to Islam
- Salman Khan turns DJ for Tamanchey track 'In Da Club'
- Aish or Kat, who looks hot with Hrithik, view pics
- Katrina Kaif with Salman Khan in Bigg Boss 8
- Sunny agrees for ‘One Night Stand’ with Rana Daggubati
- Chitrangada Singh spends two hours at Salman Khan's house?
- View Images: Salman Khan turns DJ, plays In Da Club
- What are Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez doing together in Malaysia?
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr