- Treat to work on dance numbers: JacquelineSohail Khan a damn cool director: NawazuddinPics: Ranbir-Aishwarya's hot chemistry irritated BachchansKareena send wishes for Shahid-Mira's daughter'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser to release today11-year-old attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga in 10 daysSindhu, Sakshi, Dipa, Jitu get Khel RatnasRemembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'dayKareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos'Rock On!!' clocks eight years, makers look forward to sequel
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
Kasab's hanging: Families of slain police officer rejoice Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 12:24:49 PM IST Salaskar's wife is happy
The families of police officers killed in Mumbai 26/ 11 incident have expressed satisfaction at Kasab's hanging. Smita Salaskar, wife of Vijay Salaskar and brother of sub-inspector Tukaram Omble felt relieved.
"Though the execution was delayed, Kasab was finally hanged. With this hanging, homage has been paid to my husband. But the real homage will be the conviction of other accused shielded in Pakistan," Smita said.
Thanking President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy plea of the Pakistani gunman, Smita said, "Late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had also demanded Kasab's hanging. His wish and our wish have been finally fulfilled."
"The entire family is happy to hear the news that Kasab was hanged, ahead of fourth anniversary of the attack," Smita said.
The hanging would surely send a message across the globe that India would not tolerate any terror attack, Smita said, adding, "I hope death sentence of Parliament House attack convict Afzal Guru would also be executed soon."
Police Inspector Salaskar was among the first causalities along with ATS chief Hemant Karkare and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte during the November 2008 attacks on the megapolis.
Expressing satisfaction over Ajmal Kasab's hanging, Eknath Omble, brother of assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Omble who died while trying to capture the terrorist, today said he should have been executed in public.
Tukaram Omble was killed while trying to capture Kasab on the dreaded night of November 26, 2008.
"I am proud and very happy that my brother's efforts have paid off," a visibly jubilant Eknath said.
"We are very happy and satisfied. Ajmal Kasab should have been hanged in public, but I know our law does not permit this," he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Sumit Kaul will be adding a funny twist to "Bahu Humari Rajni_Kant" with his entry.
- Rumours are baseless: Bhansali's spokesperson on Deepika's remuneration
- Irrfan honoured with Entertainer of The Year award
- Won't return to direction until I introduce 10 directors: Sasikumar
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline
- Pakistanis, Indians respect each other: Om Puri
- Was looking for substantial role after 'Commando': Pooja Chopra
- Sohail Khan a damn cool director: Nawazuddin
- Reality TV is a big platform: Prince Narula
Believe it or not, dogs have the ability to distinguish words and the intonation of human
Domestic mobile manufacturer Videocon smartphone on Tuesday announced its association with