- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Kasab's hanging: Families of slain police officer rejoice Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 12:24:49 PM IST Salaskar's wife is happy
The families of police officers killed in Mumbai 26/ 11 incident have expressed satisfaction at Kasab's hanging. Smita Salaskar, wife of Vijay Salaskar and brother of sub-inspector Tukaram Omble felt relieved.
"Though the execution was delayed, Kasab was finally hanged. With this hanging, homage has been paid to my husband. But the real homage will be the conviction of other accused shielded in Pakistan," Smita said.
Thanking President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy plea of the Pakistani gunman, Smita said, "Late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had also demanded Kasab's hanging. His wish and our wish have been finally fulfilled."
"The entire family is happy to hear the news that Kasab was hanged, ahead of fourth anniversary of the attack," Smita said.
The hanging would surely send a message across the globe that India would not tolerate any terror attack, Smita said, adding, "I hope death sentence of Parliament House attack convict Afzal Guru would also be executed soon."
Police Inspector Salaskar was among the first causalities along with ATS chief Hemant Karkare and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte during the November 2008 attacks on the megapolis.
Expressing satisfaction over Ajmal Kasab's hanging, Eknath Omble, brother of assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Omble who died while trying to capture the terrorist, today said he should have been executed in public.
Tukaram Omble was killed while trying to capture Kasab on the dreaded night of November 26, 2008.
"I am proud and very happy that my brother's efforts have paid off," a visibly jubilant Eknath said.
"We are very happy and satisfied. Ajmal Kasab should have been hanged in public, but I know our law does not permit this," he said.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl