- Anushka and Virat spotted together againAamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'
Provisionally suspended she might be but Indian boxer L Sarita Devi has not given up hop
Kasab's hanging: Families of slain police officer rejoice Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 12:24:49 PM IST Salaskar's wife is happy
The families of police officers killed in Mumbai 26/ 11 incident have expressed satisfaction at Kasab's hanging. Smita Salaskar, wife of Vijay Salaskar and brother of sub-inspector Tukaram Omble felt relieved.
"Though the execution was delayed, Kasab was finally hanged. With this hanging, homage has been paid to my husband. But the real homage will be the conviction of other accused shielded in Pakistan," Smita said.
Thanking President Pranab Mukherjee for rejecting the mercy plea of the Pakistani gunman, Smita said, "Late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray had also demanded Kasab's hanging. His wish and our wish have been finally fulfilled."
"The entire family is happy to hear the news that Kasab was hanged, ahead of fourth anniversary of the attack," Smita said.
The hanging would surely send a message across the globe that India would not tolerate any terror attack, Smita said, adding, "I hope death sentence of Parliament House attack convict Afzal Guru would also be executed soon."
Police Inspector Salaskar was among the first causalities along with ATS chief Hemant Karkare and Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte during the November 2008 attacks on the megapolis.
Expressing satisfaction over Ajmal Kasab's hanging, Eknath Omble, brother of assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Omble who died while trying to capture the terrorist, today said he should have been executed in public.
Tukaram Omble was killed while trying to capture Kasab on the dreaded night of November 26, 2008.
"I am proud and very happy that my brother's efforts have paid off," a visibly jubilant Eknath said.
"We are very happy and satisfied. Ajmal Kasab should have been hanged in public, but I know our law does not permit this," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rumoured lovers Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma cannot stay away from each other
- Katie Price wants to sell breast implants to fan
- Rajinikanth first look in ‘Lingaa’
- We will never remake 'Awara': Randhir Kapoor
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country