- Karan Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
Congress President Sonia Gandhi congratulated Sania Mirza for receiving the Rajiv Gandhi K
President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Kasab's mercy plea Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 10:20:41 AM IST File photo: Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab
The mercy plea filed by Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab has been rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist sentenced to death for the November 26 2008 terror attack on Mumbai.
According to The Indian Express, the decision to reject Kasab's petition was taken on the advice of the Union Home Ministry. A source told the newspaper that all the papers have been signed.
President’s decision comes nearly two months after the Maharashtra home department rejected Kasab’s mercy petition that had been addressed to the President.
The authorities shifted Kasab from Mumbai's Arthur Road jail to Pune's Yerwada jail where he was hanged till death on Wednesday morning around 7:36 am.
The 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts convicts are also been lodged at Yerwada.
Ministry of Home Affairs released the death warrant of Kasab on Wednesday.
The nearly four-year legal battle launched by the 25-year-old had ended on August 29 when the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and death sentence in the 26/11 attacks case, saying he killed without "the slightest twinge of conscience."
Kasab was one of 10 Pakistani terrorists who attacked on Mumbai and killed around 165 people and injured many.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut is looking forward to Vishal Bhardwaj's 1940-set drama "Rangoon" that will
- Kareena Kapoor, Gaurav Gupta close Lakme Fashion Week
- Pawandeep Rajan wins 'The Voice India'
- Karan Johar to start filming 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' in London
- I am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar Alia
- Did 'Shaandar' because concept was fresh: Shahid Kapoor
- Famous Bollywood star siblings
- SRK offers help to Karan Johar
- Add Bollywood flavour to Raksha Bandhan
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.