- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Launching the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ur
President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Kasab's mercy plea Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 10:20:41 AM IST File photo: Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab
The mercy plea filed by Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab has been rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist sentenced to death for the November 26 2008 terror attack on Mumbai.
According to The Indian Express, the decision to reject Kasab's petition was taken on the advice of the Union Home Ministry. A source told the newspaper that all the papers have been signed.
President’s decision comes nearly two months after the Maharashtra home department rejected Kasab’s mercy petition that had been addressed to the President.
The authorities shifted Kasab from Mumbai's Arthur Road jail to Pune's Yerwada jail where he was hanged till death on Wednesday morning around 7:36 am.
The 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts convicts are also been lodged at Yerwada.
Ministry of Home Affairs released the death warrant of Kasab on Wednesday.
The nearly four-year legal battle launched by the 25-year-old had ended on August 29 when the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and death sentence in the 26/11 attacks case, saying he killed without "the slightest twinge of conscience."
Kasab was one of 10 Pakistani terrorists who attacked on Mumbai and killed around 165 people and injured many.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Rajinikanth's "Kabali" has grossed over Rs 40 crore at the Indian box office, be
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
- Vijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
- Rukmini Vijayakumar joins Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai'
- 'Why no plus-size models in India?'
- Nagarjuna turns singer for 'Nirmala Convent'
- Yami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016
- When Divya Khosla Kumar felt like a bride all over again
- Qandeel's brother undergoes polygraph test
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i