- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Kasab's mercy plea Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 10:20:41 AM IST File photo: Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab
The mercy plea filed by Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab has been rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist sentenced to death for the November 26 2008 terror attack on Mumbai.
According to The Indian Express, the decision to reject Kasab's petition was taken on the advice of the Union Home Ministry. A source told the newspaper that all the papers have been signed.
President’s decision comes nearly two months after the Maharashtra home department rejected Kasab’s mercy petition that had been addressed to the President.
The authorities shifted Kasab from Mumbai's Arthur Road jail to Pune's Yerwada jail where he was hanged till death on Wednesday morning around 7:36 am.
The 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts convicts are also been lodged at Yerwada.
Ministry of Home Affairs released the death warrant of Kasab on Wednesday.
The nearly four-year legal battle launched by the 25-year-old had ended on August 29 when the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and death sentence in the 26/11 attacks case, saying he killed without "the slightest twinge of conscience."
Kasab was one of 10 Pakistani terrorists who attacked on Mumbai and killed around 165 people and injured many.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh and wife actress Genelia D'Souza blessed with a baby boy
- Appreciation for 'Thithi' nothing short of miracle: Raam Reddy
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry