- Kim Kardashian\'s hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view picsKejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for RahulNo Bikinis in Miss World pageantAamir, Aish, Abhishek, Katrina attend Ranbir\'s PK success bashTen hot scenes of 2014
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Kasab's mercy plea Last Updated : 21 Nov 2012 10:20:41 AM IST File photo: Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab
The mercy plea filed by Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab has been rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist sentenced to death for the November 26 2008 terror attack on Mumbai.
According to The Indian Express, the decision to reject Kasab's petition was taken on the advice of the Union Home Ministry. A source told the newspaper that all the papers have been signed.
President’s decision comes nearly two months after the Maharashtra home department rejected Kasab’s mercy petition that had been addressed to the President.
The authorities shifted Kasab from Mumbai's Arthur Road jail to Pune's Yerwada jail where he was hanged till death on Wednesday morning around 7:36 am.
The 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts convicts are also been lodged at Yerwada.
Ministry of Home Affairs released the death warrant of Kasab on Wednesday.
The nearly four-year legal battle launched by the 25-year-old had ended on August 29 when the Supreme Court upheld his conviction and death sentence in the 26/11 attacks case, saying he killed without "the slightest twinge of conscience."
Kasab was one of 10 Pakistani terrorists who attacked on Mumbai and killed around 165 people and injured many.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
We bring you the hottest look of the dusky damsel Kim Kardashian.
- When Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
- PK BO report: Aamir Khan starrer collects Rs 92.50 cr
- KJo is surprise package in Bombay Velvet, says Anurag
- Watch Mallika Sherawat’s ‘Dirty Politics’ Movie Trailer
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
- Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phone
- Sunny Leone dined, wined with 100
- Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.