- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: AishwaryaWhy Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pairFive reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar\'s ShuddhiSalman not to do Karan's 'Shuddhi'Review of 'Tanu weds Manu Returns'
The trial in which Barcelona are accused of concealing how much they paid for the transfer
Yashwant Sinha demands Gadkari's resignation Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 07:19:02 PM IST File photo of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) senior leader Yashwant Sinha.
"Whether our party president is guilty or not is not the issue today. The issue is that all of us in public life should be beyond reproach," he told media persons.
Sinha's demand brings alive once again the campaign initiated by BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani and his son Mahesh for the party chief's resignation in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group.
Sinha said this is the time to stand up and be counted.
"I seek nothing for myself. I have nothing left to prove in my life. But, I want that each member of the BJP should be able to hold his head rpt head high as we have always done.
The MP from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand said the party should continue to serve the people with pride and honour.
"We must ensure that the country comes out of the present morass of corruption and does not sink deeper in it. Our credentials must not be questioned in this fight against corruption."
In order to achieve all this and to enable the BJP fulfill its historic task to the people of India, Sinha said, "I call upon Shri Nitin Gadkari, with all the humility at my command, to immediately step down from the post of party president."
"I would also like to put this question to the workers of he party and people at large. If I am wrong, please tell me so. If I am right, please support me in whatever way you can."
Sinha said the highest standard of conduct set by leaders like Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Atal Behari Vaypayee and L K Advani must be adhered to at all costs.
"The nation is in peril, our democracy is threatened and our future is far from perfect. The BJP must rise to the occasion and save the country," he said.
While demanding Gadkari's resignation, Ram Jethmalani had claimed the support of Yashwant Sinha, Shatrughan Sinha and Jaswant Singh.
Senior BJP leader from Karnataka Jagdish Shettigar had also demanded Gandkari's resignation in the wake of allegations against him.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Eva Longoria wants to launch her own fitness empire.
- Lopez spotted kissing ex-boyfriend
- Katona's kids involved in car crash
- Keegan wants guests to bring outfits
- Its shopping time for Shabana
- Look who is enjoying Laddoos with Shraddha
- PICS:Pamela to launch photo book
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
An Indian-American home- schooled boy has surprised one and all by graduating from a US co
A Singapore-based mobile application company has entered into a partnership with Indian sm