- \'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tipsHalle Berry launched lingersPics: Bollywood celebrities who attended Aamir Khan\'s diwali partyImages: Happy New Year movie stars dazzle in DubaiSONGS: Manna Dey had a mesmerising voice!PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen
Advani, 29, conquered Singapore cueist Gilchrist 6-2 in a high quality finals of the shor
Yashwant Sinha demands Gadkari's resignation Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 07:19:02 PM IST File photo of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) senior leader Yashwant Sinha.
"Whether our party president is guilty or not is not the issue today. The issue is that all of us in public life should be beyond reproach," he told media persons.
Sinha's demand brings alive once again the campaign initiated by BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani and his son Mahesh for the party chief's resignation in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group.
Sinha said this is the time to stand up and be counted.
"I seek nothing for myself. I have nothing left to prove in my life. But, I want that each member of the BJP should be able to hold his head rpt head high as we have always done.
The MP from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand said the party should continue to serve the people with pride and honour.
"We must ensure that the country comes out of the present morass of corruption and does not sink deeper in it. Our credentials must not be questioned in this fight against corruption."
In order to achieve all this and to enable the BJP fulfill its historic task to the people of India, Sinha said, "I call upon Shri Nitin Gadkari, with all the humility at my command, to immediately step down from the post of party president."
"I would also like to put this question to the workers of he party and people at large. If I am wrong, please tell me so. If I am right, please support me in whatever way you can."
Sinha said the highest standard of conduct set by leaders like Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Atal Behari Vaypayee and L K Advani must be adhered to at all costs.
"The nation is in peril, our democracy is threatened and our future is far from perfect. The BJP must rise to the occasion and save the country," he said.
While demanding Gadkari's resignation, Ram Jethmalani had claimed the support of Yashwant Sinha, Shatrughan Sinha and Jaswant Singh.
Senior BJP leader from Karnataka Jagdish Shettigar had also demanded Gandkari's resignation in the wake of allegations against him.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone has thrown challenge to none other than adult film actr
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
- Ranveer hides his bald look under hat in party
- Ten reasons to watch 'Happy New Year'
- Elizabeth Hurley enjoying with little man
- Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
- Jennifer Aniston set wedding details
- Katy Perry cancels birthday trip to Egypt?
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country