- India\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman KhanOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket LeagueWatch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
South African prison officials say Oscar Pistorius spent his first night in a single cell
Yashwant Sinha demands Gadkari's resignation Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 07:19:02 PM IST File photo of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) senior leader Yashwant Sinha.
"Whether our party president is guilty or not is not the issue today. The issue is that all of us in public life should be beyond reproach," he told media persons.
Sinha's demand brings alive once again the campaign initiated by BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani and his son Mahesh for the party chief's resignation in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group.
Sinha said this is the time to stand up and be counted.
"I seek nothing for myself. I have nothing left to prove in my life. But, I want that each member of the BJP should be able to hold his head rpt head high as we have always done.
The MP from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand said the party should continue to serve the people with pride and honour.
"We must ensure that the country comes out of the present morass of corruption and does not sink deeper in it. Our credentials must not be questioned in this fight against corruption."
In order to achieve all this and to enable the BJP fulfill its historic task to the people of India, Sinha said, "I call upon Shri Nitin Gadkari, with all the humility at my command, to immediately step down from the post of party president."
"I would also like to put this question to the workers of he party and people at large. If I am wrong, please tell me so. If I am right, please support me in whatever way you can."
Sinha said the highest standard of conduct set by leaders like Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Atal Behari Vaypayee and L K Advani must be adhered to at all costs.
"The nation is in peril, our democracy is threatened and our future is far from perfect. The BJP must rise to the occasion and save the country," he said.
While demanding Gadkari's resignation, Ram Jethmalani had claimed the support of Yashwant Sinha, Shatrughan Sinha and Jaswant Singh.
Senior BJP leader from Karnataka Jagdish Shettigar had also demanded Gandkari's resignation in the wake of allegations against him.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The best friends in Bollywood, superstars Salman Khan and Aamir Khan, will be seen togethe
- Why did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?
- Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tape
- Top most Sexy South Sirens
- In pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country