- Jhanvi-Sara might star with Tiger in SOTY 2Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???Shahid-Mira to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritual
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
Yashwant Sinha demands Gadkari's resignation Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 07:19:02 PM IST File photo of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) senior leader Yashwant Sinha.
"Whether our party president is guilty or not is not the issue today. The issue is that all of us in public life should be beyond reproach," he told media persons.
Sinha's demand brings alive once again the campaign initiated by BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani and his son Mahesh for the party chief's resignation in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group.
Sinha said this is the time to stand up and be counted.
"I seek nothing for myself. I have nothing left to prove in my life. But, I want that each member of the BJP should be able to hold his head rpt head high as we have always done.
The MP from Hazaribagh in Jharkhand said the party should continue to serve the people with pride and honour.
"We must ensure that the country comes out of the present morass of corruption and does not sink deeper in it. Our credentials must not be questioned in this fight against corruption."
In order to achieve all this and to enable the BJP fulfill its historic task to the people of India, Sinha said, "I call upon Shri Nitin Gadkari, with all the humility at my command, to immediately step down from the post of party president."
"I would also like to put this question to the workers of he party and people at large. If I am wrong, please tell me so. If I am right, please support me in whatever way you can."
Sinha said the highest standard of conduct set by leaders like Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Atal Behari Vaypayee and L K Advani must be adhered to at all costs.
"The nation is in peril, our democracy is threatened and our future is far from perfect. The BJP must rise to the occasion and save the country," he said.
While demanding Gadkari's resignation, Ram Jethmalani had claimed the support of Yashwant Sinha, Shatrughan Sinha and Jaswant Singh.
Senior BJP leader from Karnataka Jagdish Shettigar had also demanded Gandkari's resignation in the wake of allegations against him.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Jhanvi Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan will debut with Tiger Shroff in Karan Johar's 'SOTY 2'.
- Wishes pour in for Shahid and Mira
- Amitabh is an intelligent actor: Shoojit Sircar
- It's a girl for Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput
- Review: Mechanic Resurrection
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999