- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup at the highest level, Vitaly Mutko, Deputy Prim
Second post mortem performed on Ponty Chadha's body Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 11:30:30 PM IST File photo of liquor baron and businessman Ponty Chadha. Chadha died after being shot at his Chhatarpur farmhouse in New Delhi on Saturday.
A botched up autopsy on Sunday led the police to insist on a second post mortem of liquor baron Ponty Chadha after it came to light that three bullets were still lodged inside his body after the first one.
Ponty, who had 15 bullet injuries, was cremated at Lodhi Crematorium here tonight along with his brother Hardeep following the second post mortem at AIIMS after 7 PM during which the three bullets were taken out.
Hardeep had four bullet injuries but no bullets were found inside his body.
There was drama at Chhattarpur where his body was taken earlier in the day when police went to take it back leading to delay in cremation, which was scehduled at 4.30 PM.
As the vehicle carrying the body was entering the premises, police stopped it at the gate and informed the family about the botch-up and said a second post mortem had to be done leading to arguments between the two sides.
Police go for 2nd post mortem of Ponty, brothers cremated:
Ponty and Hardeep were killed when both sides allegedly opened fire at each other yesterday at a farmhouse in south Delhi's Chhattarpur following a dispute over ownership over the property.
A senior police official said Ponty's post mortem was conducted at AIIMS and his body was handed over to the family initially but later doctors who conducted the autopsy told investigators that three bullets were still lodged in his body.
"In such a scenario, we cannot permit the body to be cremated. Law does not allow it. After persuading the family, we have taken the body back to AIIMS for a re-post mortem," the official said.
The police allowed the family to take the body to the house following their request that relatives and friends have gathered there to pay their last respects.
When police tried to take the body back to hospital, the official said, an argument broke out again. The police officials then spoke to Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee president Paramjeet Singh Sarna who pacified the family. Sarna could not be contacted for his version.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on Saturday said there is no skin show or liplocks in her u
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel