- Gionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Second post mortem performed on Ponty Chadha's body Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 11:30:30 PM IST File photo of liquor baron and businessman Ponty Chadha. Chadha died after being shot at his Chhatarpur farmhouse in New Delhi on Saturday.
A botched up autopsy on Sunday led the police to insist on a second post mortem of liquor baron Ponty Chadha after it came to light that three bullets were still lodged inside his body after the first one.
Ponty, who had 15 bullet injuries, was cremated at Lodhi Crematorium here tonight along with his brother Hardeep following the second post mortem at AIIMS after 7 PM during which the three bullets were taken out.
Hardeep had four bullet injuries but no bullets were found inside his body.
There was drama at Chhattarpur where his body was taken earlier in the day when police went to take it back leading to delay in cremation, which was scehduled at 4.30 PM.
As the vehicle carrying the body was entering the premises, police stopped it at the gate and informed the family about the botch-up and said a second post mortem had to be done leading to arguments between the two sides.
Police go for 2nd post mortem of Ponty, brothers cremated:
Ponty and Hardeep were killed when both sides allegedly opened fire at each other yesterday at a farmhouse in south Delhi's Chhattarpur following a dispute over ownership over the property.
A senior police official said Ponty's post mortem was conducted at AIIMS and his body was handed over to the family initially but later doctors who conducted the autopsy told investigators that three bullets were still lodged in his body.
"In such a scenario, we cannot permit the body to be cremated. Law does not allow it. After persuading the family, we have taken the body back to AIIMS for a re-post mortem," the official said.
The police allowed the family to take the body to the house following their request that relatives and friends have gathered there to pay their last respects.
When police tried to take the body back to hospital, the official said, an argument broke out again. The police officials then spoke to Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee president Paramjeet Singh Sarna who pacified the family. Sarna could not be contacted for his version.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Veteran actor Anupam Kher says it is really important for Pakistani actors to say that "I
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
- Birthday special: Famous sayings by Yash Chopra
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
"Selfies" have come of age and smartphone makers the world over are building devices that