- Lindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Politicians, businessmen, Bollywood at Balasaheb Thackeray's funeral Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 06:58:56 PM IST Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan with Industrialist Anil Ambani arrives at the funeral of Shiv Sena Chief Balasaheb Thackeray in Mumbai on Sunday.
NCP chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, BJP veteran L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and industrialist Anil Ambani arrived at the sprawling ground in Dadar, which is a few metres away from the Sena headquarters.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, BJP leaders Maneka Gandhi and Shahnawaz Hussain, senior Congress leader Dr D Y Patil and Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse too were present at the funeral venue.
Union Minister Praful Patel, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely, VHP leader Pravin Togadia, Congress leader Rajiv Shukla and Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal were also present.
Bollywood actor Nana Patekar alongside actor-director Mahesh Manjrekar and Riteish Deshmukh were also present.
The cortege of the Sena patriarch reached the Shivaji Park ground after over six hours long journey in the presence of lakhs of Shiv Sainiks and his followers.
Sena MLA cherishes rare gift from Sena supremo Bal Thackeray:
Vasai's Shiv Sena MLA and chief of the Shramajivi Sanghatana, Vivek Pandit has a prized possession -- a gift which he claims nobody ever received from Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray who passed away in Mumbai yesterday.
"Do you know? I got a very important gift from Balasaheb which nobody gets," he said, showing a ball pen which was gifted to him by Balasaheb Thackeray, when Pandit met him after his victory in the assembly elections.
The Sena supremo gave him a ball pen and told him, "This is a special sword I am giving you to fight evils in society. Make the maximum use of it," Pandit said.
Today when he remembers that special day, Pandit has tears in his eyes and feels that he received the best gift from the Sena supremo.
Talking to media persons, Pandit remembered the day when the Jaitapur agitation was on when the Sena supremo expressed his inability to particiapte in it, as he was 85 and not in good health.
"Had my health been better, I would have surely created a havoc for the sake of Jaitapur today, he said. Ultimately, he was a source of inspiration for us to carry on agitations," Pandit said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Lindsay Lohan reportedly not invited to her father's second wedding.
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.