- Obama witnesses India\'s cultural heritage,Watch PhotosInside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu\'s weddingSoha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knotMallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla BolPatrick Stewart praises Jennifer LawrenceAamir Khan\'s \'PK\' to release in ChinaWatch PM Modi receiving the Obamas in DelhiAyushmann to act in Punjabi film?PICS: Soha Ali Khan\'s mehendi ceremonyMovie Review: Dolly Ki Doli
Saina Nehwal staged a scintillating comeback to defeat reigning world champion Carolina M
Politicians, businessmen, Bollywood at Balasaheb Thackeray's funeral Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 06:58:56 PM IST Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan with Industrialist Anil Ambani arrives at the funeral of Shiv Sena Chief Balasaheb Thackeray in Mumbai on Sunday.
NCP chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, BJP veteran L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and industrialist Anil Ambani arrived at the sprawling ground in Dadar, which is a few metres away from the Sena headquarters.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, BJP leaders Maneka Gandhi and Shahnawaz Hussain, senior Congress leader Dr D Y Patil and Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse too were present at the funeral venue.
Union Minister Praful Patel, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely, VHP leader Pravin Togadia, Congress leader Rajiv Shukla and Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal were also present.
Bollywood actor Nana Patekar alongside actor-director Mahesh Manjrekar and Riteish Deshmukh were also present.
The cortege of the Sena patriarch reached the Shivaji Park ground after over six hours long journey in the presence of lakhs of Shiv Sainiks and his followers.
Sena MLA cherishes rare gift from Sena supremo Bal Thackeray:
Vasai's Shiv Sena MLA and chief of the Shramajivi Sanghatana, Vivek Pandit has a prized possession -- a gift which he claims nobody ever received from Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray who passed away in Mumbai yesterday.
"Do you know? I got a very important gift from Balasaheb which nobody gets," he said, showing a ball pen which was gifted to him by Balasaheb Thackeray, when Pandit met him after his victory in the assembly elections.
The Sena supremo gave him a ball pen and told him, "This is a special sword I am giving you to fight evils in society. Make the maximum use of it," Pandit said.
Today when he remembers that special day, Pandit has tears in his eyes and feels that he received the best gift from the Sena supremo.
Talking to media persons, Pandit remembered the day when the Jaitapur agitation was on when the Sena supremo expressed his inability to particiapte in it, as he was 85 and not in good health.
"Had my health been better, I would have surely created a havoc for the sake of Jaitapur today, he said. Ultimately, he was a source of inspiration for us to carry on agitations," Pandit said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After a long gap Superstar Shah Rukh Khan returned to the small screen with his new show "
- Inside pictures of Soha Ali Khan- Kunal Khemu's wedding
- Overwhelmed by Padma Vibhushan: Big B
- Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Khemu tie the knot
- Mallika Sherawat to enter Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Patrick Stewart praises Jennifer Lawrence
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' to release in China
- 'Superstars should do content-based cinema'
- Ayushmann to act in Punjabi film?
Dog is man's best friend, and we have wolves to thank for it!
Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will be launching its latest 4G device Mi4 in India on Jan 28