- HT Mumbai\'s most stylish awardBedroom secrets for happy married lifeSachin, Lata falicitated during an eventHow horrible these celebs look without makeup!!Salman Khan to marry Iulia VanturSpiritual way for the naughty onesSRK, Deepika at \'Kochadaiiyaan\' music launchRaagini Makkar wins IGT 5Relationship makes Deepika completePICS: Maria Sharapova\'s tips for men\'s tennis
To lengthen careers, men's tennis should have three sets like women's feels Maria Sharapov
Politicians, businessmen, Bollywood at Balasaheb Thackeray's funeral Last Updated : 18 Nov 2012 06:58:56 PM IST Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan with Industrialist Anil Ambani arrives at the funeral of Shiv Sena Chief Balasaheb Thackeray in Mumbai on Sunday.
NCP chief and Union Minister Sharad Pawar, BJP veteran L K Advani, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and industrialist Anil Ambani arrived at the sprawling ground in Dadar, which is a few metres away from the Sena headquarters.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, BJP leaders Maneka Gandhi and Shahnawaz Hussain, senior Congress leader Dr D Y Patil and Leader of Opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse too were present at the funeral venue.
Union Minister Praful Patel, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitely, VHP leader Pravin Togadia, Congress leader Rajiv Shukla and Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal were also present.
Bollywood actor Nana Patekar alongside actor-director Mahesh Manjrekar and Riteish Deshmukh were also present.
The cortege of the Sena patriarch reached the Shivaji Park ground after over six hours long journey in the presence of lakhs of Shiv Sainiks and his followers.
Sena MLA cherishes rare gift from Sena supremo Bal Thackeray:
Vasai's Shiv Sena MLA and chief of the Shramajivi Sanghatana, Vivek Pandit has a prized possession -- a gift which he claims nobody ever received from Shiv Sena Supremo Bal Thackeray who passed away in Mumbai yesterday.
"Do you know? I got a very important gift from Balasaheb which nobody gets," he said, showing a ball pen which was gifted to him by Balasaheb Thackeray, when Pandit met him after his victory in the assembly elections.
The Sena supremo gave him a ball pen and told him, "This is a special sword I am giving you to fight evils in society. Make the maximum use of it," Pandit said.
Today when he remembers that special day, Pandit has tears in his eyes and feels that he received the best gift from the Sena supremo.
Talking to media persons, Pandit remembered the day when the Jaitapur agitation was on when the Sena supremo expressed his inability to particiapte in it, as he was 85 and not in good health.
"Had my health been better, I would have surely created a havoc for the sake of Jaitapur today, he said. Ultimately, he was a source of inspiration for us to carry on agitations," Pandit said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actors Sonakshi Sinha with Anil Kapoor poses during an Hindustan Times Mumbai's
- 'Look simple on wedding day'
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts curves
- On a comeback, Elizabeth Hurley to play TV queen
- How horrible these celebs look without makeup!!
- My boyfriend doesn't allow me to shoot with other men: Shakira
- Madonna announces collaboration with Avicii
- Madhuri's acting made me feel I was on screen: Sampat Pal
- SRK, Deepika at 'Kochadaiiyaan' music launch
You must hae heard about the mating rituals of endemic species Albatross. But you never wa
Nokia's android-based 'Nokia X' will be available in India from March 15 and has been pric