- Décor hacks: How to make small living space look largerAppreciation for 'Thithi' nothing short of miracle: Raam ReddyHome for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi filmsIt was Love In Paris for Deepika-RanveerSunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'Shruti Haasan set for 'Sabaash Naidu' shootSeen great highs, lows and still soldiered onSachin launches clothing brand, Riteish walks the ramp for itGet picture-perfect smile with these simple tips!How can men get rid of pimples
Being excited for your favourite football team, rooting for them and suffering vicariously
PM invites BJP leaders for dinner on Saturday Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 08:03:15 PM IST File photo of India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Besides Advani, Singh has invited Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley, sources said.
The meeting acquires significance as the BJP is preparing to corner the government over various issues like FDI in retail, corruption charges, hike in diesel price and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders during the Winter Session beginning on November 22.
The government is trying to rope in support of BJP to ensure passage crucial Bills which have been hanging fire for long. These include Lokpal Bill, Land Acquisition Bill and the Food Bill in the upcoming session besides the proposed legislations on insurance and pension.
"The Parliament session has a very heavy legislative agenda. We are reaching out to the various political parties to carry through these agenda in the four weeks that we have for the session," Finance Minister P Chidambaram said today at a press conference here.
"We sincerely hope that the forthcoming session will be a productive one and many bills will be passed...My suggestion is that not one issue should be blown out of proportion. There are many very important issues that concern the welfare of people and future of country," he added.
BJP and its NDA allies have hinted that they may disrupt Parliament to press for discussions on issues including FDI in multi-brand retail, price rise, scams, corruption. They are coordinating with other like-minded parties, including the Left. The Opposition may press for voting on certain issues.
Most of the last session of Parliament had got wasted due to BJP's persistent attack on the government over corruption issue and the ruling dispensation is making efforts to avert the repeat of that situation.
Though it has now become almost customary for the Prime Minister to invite the top brass of the principal Opposition for dinner before each sesion, tommorow's meeting is important as the government wants to break the virtual deadlock.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Raam Reddy, whose Kannada film “Thithi” won the National Film Award, says tha
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Subhash Ghai lauds Kapil Sharma for not disrespecting icons
- Sonam shocked with 'overreaction' over Tanmay Bhat's controversial video
- Ray would have used computers differently for illustrations
- 'Animation not yet considered storytelling medium'
- Katy Perry's Twitter account hacked
- Home for 10 days, Priyanka Chopra to decide on next Hindi films
- Amitabh Bachchan, Anupam Kher mourn producer Vikas Mohan's death
We imagine the Sun as a giant burning furnace that brings sunlight to us but NASA's Solar
E-cigarette use in Britain almost doubled in two years
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Consumer electronics and home appliances major Videocon on Tuesday launched 4G-enabled Kry