- Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris love cooking togetherOscar winning writer of \'Dances With Wolves\' novel diesRoka ceremony for Ranbir- Katrina?Why \'Bombay Velvet\' is closest to Ranbir\'s HeartRs 200-cr investment riding on Salman as judgement day nears‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ Trailer RevealedKKR beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 35 runsCSK beat RCB by 24 runsPromotion of movie 'Dil Dhadakne Do'Deepika says no to sex before marriage
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
PM invites BJP leaders for dinner on Saturday Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 08:03:15 PM IST File photo of India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Besides Advani, Singh has invited Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley, sources said.
The meeting acquires significance as the BJP is preparing to corner the government over various issues like FDI in retail, corruption charges, hike in diesel price and cap on subsidised LPG cylinders during the Winter Session beginning on November 22.
The government is trying to rope in support of BJP to ensure passage crucial Bills which have been hanging fire for long. These include Lokpal Bill, Land Acquisition Bill and the Food Bill in the upcoming session besides the proposed legislations on insurance and pension.
"The Parliament session has a very heavy legislative agenda. We are reaching out to the various political parties to carry through these agenda in the four weeks that we have for the session," Finance Minister P Chidambaram said today at a press conference here.
"We sincerely hope that the forthcoming session will be a productive one and many bills will be passed...My suggestion is that not one issue should be blown out of proportion. There are many very important issues that concern the welfare of people and future of country," he added.
BJP and its NDA allies have hinted that they may disrupt Parliament to press for discussions on issues including FDI in multi-brand retail, price rise, scams, corruption. They are coordinating with other like-minded parties, including the Left. The Opposition may press for voting on certain issues.
Most of the last session of Parliament had got wasted due to BJP's persistent attack on the government over corruption issue and the ruling dispensation is making efforts to avert the repeat of that situation.
Though it has now become almost customary for the Prime Minister to invite the top brass of the principal Opposition for dinner before each sesion, tommorow's meeting is important as the government wants to break the virtual deadlock.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sonakshi Sinha's father and actor, politician Shatrughan Sinha was hospitalised over the w
- James Franco reveals devil tattoo from set of 'The Long Home'
- Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris love cooking together
- Oscar winning writer of 'Dances With Wolves' novel dies
- Roka ceremony for Ranbir- Katrina?
- Why 'Bombay Velvet' is closest to Ranbir's Heart
- Rs 200-cr investment riding on Salman as judgement day nears
- ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ Trailer Revealed
- Promotion of movie 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
A Budgam resident, who managed to get hall ticket for his Brown Cow to write a professiona
Finding itself on the wrong side of Net Neutrality debate, Facebook today made its Interne