- First Look; Trailer of Prem Ratan Dhan PayoRivera welcomes baby boyGauhan gears for new reality showSee Harbhajan-Geeta Basra\'s wedding cardSalman Khan\'s Prem lover boy avatar has always been a hitPics: Russian air strikes in Syria against Assad enemies\'Yeh Dil Maange Momos!Sussanne rubbishes marriage rumoursSRK to promote Bengal as 'sweetest' destinationShruti reaches three million followers
Lawyer-turned-administrator Shashank Manohar was today elected unopposed as the BCCI Presi
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor starrer "Prem Ratan Dhan Payo" trailer, which was released on
- Katrina-Arjun's 'Fitoor' wraps shooting
- When Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya's vanity van
- Priyanka to return to India for 'Bajirao' shoot next week
- Shraddha Kapoor wraps 'Baaghi' shoot
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan to kick-off UTSAV festival at Kennedy center
- Movie review 'Singh is Bliing'
- Movie review 'Talvar'
- HOT October Magazine Covers
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Google fired back at Apple with a pair of new smartphones, a "convertible" tablet and othe