- Why Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-naniWhy is Aamir Khan taking steroids?Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway stationTry these 5 Lazy Ways to Stay SlimKim blasts on Kris JennerPics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years ago
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Read to know the real reason behind the delay of Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor starrer Ja
- Deepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriage
- Hema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
- Why is Aamir Khan taking steroids?
- Salman Khan will be acquitted in Hit-and-Run case?
- Detective Sushant visits old Delhi railway station
- PICS:Kim blasts on Kris Jenner
- Video+Pics:Deepika bats for women equality
- Shruti to face cheating Case
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con