- Narula brothers wins \'KBC 8\'Sonam Kapoor speaks against Deepika Padukone in cleavage controversyImages: Vikram, Amy Jackson starrer Tamil film I behind the scenesShanti to debut with \'I Love Dubai\' in B-woodImages: Congress politician Shashi Tharoor to act in movie?Hrehaan and Hridhaan\'s Bollywood dreamsAwesome start to Incheon GamesApple crop in Kashmir completely destroyedRanbir recommends Alia for Ram Lakhan 2,Katrina furiousSonakshi Sinha puts on weight for Rajinikanth
Maintaining her rich vein of form in the current season, Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza and
Govt ready for discussion on FDI Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:47:51 PM IST PM Manmohan SIngh to host dinner for UPA leaders
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday night hosted a dinner for UPA leaders where DMK is understood to have insisted that government should avoid voting in Parliament on FDI in retail, making clear its reservation on the issue.
With this in mind, government is likely to propose to BJP a discussion on FDI in Parliament under rule 193 which does not entail voting.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has convened an all-party meeting on November 21, a day before the Winter Session of Parliament starts, to discuss pressing issues.
Sources said that during the dinner meeting, DMK, the second largest group in UPA with its 18 MPs in Lok Sabha, has asked the government to avoid voting in Parliament on the crucial FDI issue.
The dinner for UPA leaders was aimed at firming up a joint strategy on various issues, including FDI in retail, which are likely to be raked by the Opposition in Parliament.
Govt ready for discussion on FDI in Par without voting:
Leader of Lok Sabha and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde briefed the allies about the notices that have been given by various parties under different rules.
Singh's dinner comes close on the heels of his similar interactions with leaders of crucial outside supporters Samajwadi Party and BSP. He hosted dinner for SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son Akhilesh last week and followed it with lunch for BSP chief Mayawati on Sunday.
There is a view within the government that no business could be transacted on the first two days of the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22, but it is hopeful that some solution will be found out and Parliament can have normal functioning from the following week.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachhan stands along with the winnner of first ever contestant
- Sonam Kapoor speaks against Deepika Padukone in cleavage controversy
- Images: Vikram, Amy Jackson starrer Tamil film I behind the scenes
- Shanti to debut with 'I Love Dubai' in B-wood
- Images: Congress politician Shashi Tharoor to act in movie?
- Hrehaan and Hridhaan's Bollywood dreams
- KBC8: Delhi's Narula brothers win Rs 7 crore
- SRK crosses 9 million followers on Twitter
- Ranbir recommends Alia for Ram Lakhan 2,Katrina furious
Generally we see dogs as a cheerful and playful animal. However, they too can be pessimist
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr