- Shah Rukh is my idol: Faisal KhanDeepika is open to act in a film on the subject of depressionI would wish Big B personally on his birthday: DeepikaControversial love affairs of Rekha\'Jazbaa\' movie reviewWhy Aamir and Salman fought at a party?All you want to know about Bhajji's weddingSidharth, Katrina celebrate \'Baar Baar Dekho\' wrapFinal list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaulted
Pele left everyone mesmerised in an evening that had moments of nostalgia, the great debat
Nation remembers Jawahar Lal Nehru Last Updated : 14 Nov 2012 10:49:41 AM IST File photo: Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
The nation on Wednesday fondly remembered the country's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 123rd birth anniversary.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari paid homage to the departed soul.
Mukherjee, Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here this morning amid chants of hymns and patriotic songs.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Kamalnath and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit were among the prominent persons who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
At the end of the ceremony, the dignitaries released tricolour balloons in the air amid playing of bands by students.
Nehru was born to Motilal Nehru and Swaroop Rani on November 14, 1889, in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and his birthday is celebrated as Children's Day in India as he was fond of kids.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Haider star Shahid who recently stepped into his wedding life is very much fond of his
- Britney Spears buys new mansion worth USD 7.4 million
- Know what Kangana believes as a woman
- Vaani Kapoor to romance Ranveer in 'Befikre'
- What Shahid's sister Sanah said about Mira
- Why Priyanka Chopra got emotional
- Om Puri feels Sufism binds people
- Friendship with Salman won't help me win: Vikas
- What is keeping Salman Khan sleepless?
The "world's most valuable biscuit" which survived the sinking of the Titanic more than a
Apple's iPhone 6s series will be available in India from October 16 at a starting price of