- PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane service
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Nation remembers Jawahar Lal Nehru Last Updated : 14 Nov 2012 10:49:41 AM IST File photo: Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
The nation on Wednesday fondly remembered the country's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 123rd birth anniversary.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari paid homage to the departed soul.
Mukherjee, Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here this morning amid chants of hymns and patriotic songs.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Kamalnath and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit were among the prominent persons who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
At the end of the ceremony, the dignitaries released tricolour balloons in the air amid playing of bands by students.
Nehru was born to Motilal Nehru and Swaroop Rani on November 14, 1889, in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and his birthday is celebrated as Children's Day in India as he was fond of kids.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan says his role in upcoming comedy-drama 'PK' is one of the challenging roles of
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country