- Kylie Jenner shuts pregnancy rumorsSee Salman Khan practicing for AIBA 2015Royal Enfield unveils bikes and gearsTattoo lovers, beware!Men prefers smart women over breastsAfter Cannes honour, 'Masaan' at Indian theatres on July 24I’m lucky to have good genesLamborghini to build SUV in ItalyFour Espressos in a day keep your fitness awayShakti Kapoor plays a crazy professor in his next film \'Untouched Love\'
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Nation remembers Jawahar Lal Nehru Last Updated : 14 Nov 2012 10:49:41 AM IST File photo: Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
The nation on Wednesday fondly remembered the country's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 123rd birth anniversary.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice President Hamid Ansari paid homage to the departed soul.
Mukherjee, Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid floral tributes to Nehru at Shanti Van, his memorial on the banks of Yamuna here this morning amid chants of hymns and patriotic songs.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Kamalnath and Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit were among the prominent persons who paid floral tributes at the memorial.
At the end of the ceremony, the dignitaries released tricolour balloons in the air amid playing of bands by students.
Nehru was born to Motilal Nehru and Swaroop Rani on November 14, 1889, in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and his birthday is celebrated as Children's Day in India as he was fond of kids.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kangana Ranaut's 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' is earning faster than it was expected, it will
- Kylie Jenner shuts pregnancy rumors
- Inside story of Kangana Ranaut's hot affair!
- See Salman Khan practicing for AIBA 2015
- When Big B teasing Deepika Padukone
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Hamilton wants to date Jenner
- Kim Kardashian attempts efforts to get pregnant
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government will soon launch a mobile application in next three months to enable consumers