- My wife is my life guru: Jon HammRCB canter to 10-wicket win over DaredevilsTelugu actress arrested in smuggling caseLively reveals something secreteCSK spin their way to thumping win over Kings XI PunjabDeepika has something to worry aboutSee Bollywood sexy babes in nightwearPiku's new posture reveals father-daughter cute chemistryBipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover on a date!Rare photos of B'day boy Varun Dhawan
Sachin Tendulkar is furious about the news of his daughter Sara making a Bollywood debut.
Diwali lights up India Last Updated : 13 Nov 2012 06:43:04 PM IST A house wife lighting decoration on the occasion for Deepawali on November 13th, 2012 in New Delhi.
Earthen diyas dotted houses and fireworks illuminated the evening sky as people celebrated Diwali decorating their homes with colorful rangolis and twinkling electric bulbs and also exchanging sweets.
As excitement gripped the country, tragedy struck a family in Uttar Pradesh's Auraiya district when six of its members and two others died in an explosion in a house where fire crackers were manufactured illegally.
There was bonhomie between Indian and Pakistani guards at border posts as they exchanged sweets and gifts in the morning.
It was fun and frolic for children and youth as they burst crackers and lit fireworks while families visited their neighbours, exchanged 'Happy Diwali' greetings and sweets. Youngsters also took the route of SMS and social networking websites to wish each other.
According to Hindu belief, Diwali is celebrated to mark the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya from his exile after vanquishing demon-king Ravana.
In the national capital, people decorated their homes and shops with colourful 'rangolis', flowers and lightings and lit 'diyas' or earthen lamps.
In nearby Amritsar, thousands of people paid obeisance in the Golden Temple, which was illuminated by fancy lights.
People also celebrated Diwali in other parts of the country with traditional fervour and gaiety. Devouts thronged temples and offered prayers.
In Tamil Nadu, newly weds were seen enjoying the moments with their friends and relatives wishing them 'Thalai Deepavali' (the first Diwali with their spouses). Cinema halls in Chennai too were filled with two notable Kollywood films being released - "Thuppakki" and "Poda Podi".
Bollywood turned to Twitter to greet the people and also to ask fans to go slow on sweets and and crackers. For movie buffs, there were new releases like Shah Rukh Khan's "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardar".
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh greeted the people on the occasion of Diwali saying the festival of lights strengthens the country's resolve to follow true ethical values.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
British actress Michelle Keegan has been voted as the sexiest woman in the world in a surv
- Meet gorgeous girl Urvashi
- Finally! Ranbir Kapoor admits he is in love
- Check credibility before donating, says Manisha Koirala
- When Ranbir took Virat's ladylove in his arms
- When Kangana posed frontal nude
- Why Kareena met Shahid's fiancee's ex boyfriend?
- Kangana, Mamata Kulkarni, Madakini posed frontal nude
- Shahid shattered, fiancee Mira Rajput's pics with ex boyfriend go viral
In a shocking incident, an infant died of suffocation after her 25-year-old mother alleged
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,