- Pics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman AliveHot bedroom scenes of Bollywood divasParineeti never seen pics beforeMeet Hrithik\'s new girl in \'Mohenjo Daro\'Watch full video of Yo Yo Honey Singh's latest song Desi KalakaarSee Deepika\'s latest picturesNew things to watch out in Satyamev JayateImages: Meet new Kamasutra girl Bhairavi GoswamiSherlyn Chopra posts her latest selfiesPics: Meet rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh\'s wife Shalini
India's Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam Qureshi crashed out of the US Open
Diwali lights up India Last Updated : 13 Nov 2012 06:43:04 PM IST A house wife lighting decoration on the occasion for Deepawali on November 13th, 2012 in New Delhi.
Earthen diyas dotted houses and fireworks illuminated the evening sky as people celebrated Diwali decorating their homes with colorful rangolis and twinkling electric bulbs and also exchanging sweets.
As excitement gripped the country, tragedy struck a family in Uttar Pradesh's Auraiya district when six of its members and two others died in an explosion in a house where fire crackers were manufactured illegally.
There was bonhomie between Indian and Pakistani guards at border posts as they exchanged sweets and gifts in the morning.
It was fun and frolic for children and youth as they burst crackers and lit fireworks while families visited their neighbours, exchanged 'Happy Diwali' greetings and sweets. Youngsters also took the route of SMS and social networking websites to wish each other.
According to Hindu belief, Diwali is celebrated to mark the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya from his exile after vanquishing demon-king Ravana.
In the national capital, people decorated their homes and shops with colourful 'rangolis', flowers and lightings and lit 'diyas' or earthen lamps.
In nearby Amritsar, thousands of people paid obeisance in the Golden Temple, which was illuminated by fancy lights.
People also celebrated Diwali in other parts of the country with traditional fervour and gaiety. Devouts thronged temples and offered prayers.
In Tamil Nadu, newly weds were seen enjoying the moments with their friends and relatives wishing them 'Thalai Deepavali' (the first Diwali with their spouses). Cinema halls in Chennai too were filled with two notable Kollywood films being released - "Thuppakki" and "Poda Podi".
Bollywood turned to Twitter to greet the people and also to ask fans to go slow on sweets and and crackers. For movie buffs, there were new releases like Shah Rukh Khan's "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardar".
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh greeted the people on the occasion of Diwali saying the festival of lights strengthens the country's resolve to follow true ethical values.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Katrina Kaif was recently voted the “Sexiest Woman Alive” by a Youth Survey 2014 beati
- Hot bedroom scenes of Bollywood divas
- Parineeti never seen pics before
- Meet Hrithik's new girl in 'Mohenjo Daro'
- Watch full video of Yo Yo Honey Singh's latest song Desi Kalakaar
- See Deepika's latest pictures
- New things to watch out in Satyamev Jayate
- Watch official video of 'Salaam India'
- Images: Meet new Kamasutra girl Bhairavi Goswami
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.