- See famous kisses of Imraan HashmiWatch \'Bigg Boss 8\' latest teaserList of movies releasing in Sep 2014PICS: How zebrafish gets its stripes!Indian Railways new time tableKodaikanal lake to be beautifiedBollywood’s hottest ‘Kamasutra’ babes, view picsPak beauties, who sizzle in Bollywood, view picsDeath Valley’s mystery solvedBritney Spears, David Lucado break up
Indian teen sensation P V Sindhu assured herself of a second consecutive bronze medal at t
President greets nation on Diwali Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 08:36:34 PM IST File photo of President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
Diwali is a time for festivity and happiness transcending all faiths and an occasion to share joy with the needy, President Pranab Mukherjee on Monday said greeting the nation on the eve of the festival.
"On the joyous occasion of Diwali, I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to my countrymen in India and around the world. Diwali is a time for festivity and happiness cutting across all faiths and cultures. It is an occasion to share our joy with those who are needy and deprived.
"The diyas (earthen lamps) lit on the moonless night of Diwali signify the end of the darkness of ignorance and the beginning of light that enlightens all. On this auspicious occasion, let us channelise our energies towards vanquishing want and suffering and strive hard for collective growth," he said.
The President wished that the festival of lights would dispel darkness and bring joy and prosperity to all.
"I urge all Indians to try and celebrate a pollution-free Diwali," he said.
Prime Minister's message on 'Diwali':
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has been concerned over the atmosphere of perceived gloom over last several months, today utilised the occasion of Diwali to express hope that a "new phase of optimism" will dawn on countrymen.
In his Diwali message, Singh has wished peace and prosperity for the people.
He expressed hope that the festival of lights this year will "mark the beginning of a new phase of optimism" for each one of the countrymen, a PMO statement said.
Singh, whose government has been battling a number of corruption allegations and attack over economic decisions like FDI in retail, has been maintaining that "mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism" would hurt the country, particularly the investment prospects.
On Saturday, he said his government had dispelled the atmosphere of 'gloom and doom'.
Earlier, in a televised address, the Prime Minister had asked people not to be misled by "false information" being spread to create fear over various economic decisions.
Warning against the country slipping back into 1991 economic crisis, he had said time has come for "hard decisions" to put the country on the path of high and
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See in pictures the famous kisses of Imraan Hashmi.
- Watch 'Bigg Boss 8' latest teaser
- List of movies releasing in Sep 2014
- Ramu aplogises after tweet on Ganesh triggers controversy
- 'Mary Kom' is my guru dakshina on Teachers Day: Priyanka
- Sofia Hayat goes nude for ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- RGV’s derogatory Lord Ganesha tweets spark off controversy
- Bollywood’s hottest ‘Kamasutra’ babes, view pics
- Pak beauties, who sizzle in Bollywood, view pics
For years scientists have theorized about how large rocks some weighing hundreds of pound
Tech giant Apple is expected to unveil a larger screen version of its popular iPhone along