- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
PM hosts lunch for Mayawati Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 04:58:21 PM IST PM hosts lunch for Mayawati
Mayawati , however , remained evasive on her party's stand on plans by Trinamool Congress to bring a motion against FDI.
Singh hosted a lunch for Mayawati, whose party with 21 members in the Lok Sabha, is extending outside support to the UPA government.
The meeting came just days after the Prime Minister hosted a dinner for Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. SP has 22 members in the Lok Sabha.
The meetings with the two outside supporters of the government are being seen as an effort by the UPA to reach out to Yadav and Mayawati after Trinamool Congress, having 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out of the UPA.
After the meeting, when Mayawati was asked about her stand on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's statement that her party could bring a no confidence motion against the government on the issue of Foreign Direct Investment, she remained evasive.
"I have spoken about this in detail in our party rally in Lucknow on October 9. We will take whatever steps necessary keeping in mind what we had said in that rally," she said.
"Whenever such a situation crops up, ask us this question but why do you want our response in advance," she retorted, adding that her party members have authorised her to take a final decision on supporting the UPA. She has, however, not taken a call on the issue so far.
Mayawati had also hinted at early Lok Sabha polls and asked her party cadres to remain prepared.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
It was always said that Deepika Padukone's ex and current boyfriend does not hit off well
- Rishi Kapoor respects Rajinikanth's humility
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- I don't copy anybody, says Varun
- Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman Khan
- SRK terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- Is Renuka Shahane not happy with Salman's acquittal?
- Sidharth excited for 'Kala chashma' song release
- B-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching cases
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an