- Aamir U-turn on Rani Mukerji\'s MardaaniPoonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket ChallengeBachchan's cheer for KabaddiFurore over Kunal Khemu\'s controversial \'shiva\' tattooGauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocksTop con films of BollywoodGlobal Honour for King KhanKajol\'s day outPics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman AliveHot bedroom scenes of Bollywood divas
Russian tennis superstar Maria Sharapova booked her US Open third-round berth with a gri
PM hosts lunch for Mayawati Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 04:58:21 PM IST PM hosts lunch for Mayawati
Mayawati , however , remained evasive on her party's stand on plans by Trinamool Congress to bring a motion against FDI.
Singh hosted a lunch for Mayawati, whose party with 21 members in the Lok Sabha, is extending outside support to the UPA government.
The meeting came just days after the Prime Minister hosted a dinner for Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav and his son and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. SP has 22 members in the Lok Sabha.
The meetings with the two outside supporters of the government are being seen as an effort by the UPA to reach out to Yadav and Mayawati after Trinamool Congress, having 19 members in the Lok Sabha, pulled out of the UPA.
After the meeting, when Mayawati was asked about her stand on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's statement that her party could bring a no confidence motion against the government on the issue of Foreign Direct Investment, she remained evasive.
"I have spoken about this in detail in our party rally in Lucknow on October 9. We will take whatever steps necessary keeping in mind what we had said in that rally," she said.
"Whenever such a situation crops up, ask us this question but why do you want our response in advance," she retorted, adding that her party members have authorised her to take a final decision on supporting the UPA. She has, however, not taken a call on the issue so far.
Mayawati had also hinted at early Lok Sabha polls and asked her party cadres to remain prepared.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan retracts his verdict on Rani Mukerji's latest release Mardaani and says childre
- Poonam Pandey sheds her clothes for Ice Bucket Challenge
- Bachchan's cheer for Kabaddi
- Furore over Kunal Khemu's controversial 'shiva' tattoo
- Gauahar-Kushal relationship on the rocks
- Top con films of Bollywood
- Global Honour for King Khan
- Kajol's day out
- Pics: Katrina Kaif is voted the Sexiest Woman Alive
Half-naked revellers pelted each other with tomatoes and bathed in red goo in Spain's Toma
Xiaomi will be launching its affordable smartphone Redmi 1s in India on Sept 2.