- Make a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka SharmaShivaay: second trailer released
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Anna Hazare announces new team Last Updated : 10 Nov 2012 10:19:21 PM IST From (Left to Right) Megha Patkar, Social activist Anna Hazare and Kiran Bedi during press conference at Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi on Saturday evening.
Anna Hazare on Saturday unveiled his new team to take his 'apolitical' anti-corruption battle forward in New Delhi.
Almost two months after his split with Arvind Kejriwal-led group, Anna Hazare on Saturday unveiled his new team to take his "apolitical" anti-corruption battle forward with a promise to expand the panel within a month in which former Army chief V K Singh could be a special invitee.
The first list does not have names like that of the former Army chief or activists P V Rajagopal and 'Waterman' Rajinder Singh and agriculture expert Devender Sharma.
Rajagopal and Singh had earlier snapped ties with Team Anna while Sharma had opposed Kejriwal-led group's plans to turn the movement political.
Sources said V K Singh could be inducted as a special invitee in the Coordination Committee.
A press statement issued by the group said Hazare reconstituted the Coordination Committee to re-energise India Against Corruption (IAC) movement, signalling a possible confrontation with Kejriwal-led group which is still using the name. Hazare had a split with Kejriwal-led group over the question of anti-graft movement taking a political course.
Hazare announced the 15-member Coordination Committee, which has erstwhile Team Anna's members Justice (Retd) Santosh Hegde, Kiran Bedi, Medha Patkar, Akhil Gogoi, Sunita Godara, Arvind Gaur, Shivendra Singh Chauhan and Rakesh Rafiq.
The new faces in the committee are former DGP (Punjab) Shashikant, former IAS officer Avinash Dharmadhikari, Lt Col Brijendra Khokhar, Ran Singh Arya, activist Akshay Kumar and agri expert Vishambhar Chaudhary.
"I had sent an invite for Gen V K Singh (for today's meeting). He will be meeting me later," Hazare told reporters here after a day-long meeting of the committee. Hegde and Dharmadhikari could not attend the meeting due to their preoccupations.
Anna announces his new team, V K Singh to be special invitee:
Giving details of the action plan, Hazare said the coordination committee will be expanded by including around 40 more eminent citizens within a month.
Speaking about the agenda of the movement, he said that "after the split, there have been some doubts that I have become silent and there is no forward movement. We have never stopped.
"The movement is on. We don't want the useless government Lokpal. We will fight for a strong Lokpal, decentralisation, Right to Reject, Citizens Charter and system change. If we have all these laws, 90 per cent of corruption can be eradicated," he said.
"The government does not have the intention. If they bring Lokpal, they know 15 ministers will be in jail. Why should they do it then?...We will ensure that crores of people rise and ensure that the government be forced to enact the law," he said adding government will have to bring Lokpal Bill before next general elections.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's bodyguard Gurmeet Singh alias Shera and three of his acc
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Siddharth Roy Kapur quits Disney India for own business venture
- KJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before release
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r