- Abhishek Bachchan completed 15 years in bollywood industryRohit\'s punctuality makes work pathetic: SRKWhoa! Chaplin inspired VidyaPriyanka Vadra land deal to be made public in 10 daysSalman Khan, Amitabh Bacchan on Forbes Rich List. No Shah Rukh KhanKangana will act Rani Laxmibai in Ketan Mehta biopicSalman, Shahrukh finally became friendsChennai Metro roles out with woman driverRobot\'s wedding take place with kiss, cakesJune 30 is 'Leap second' day
It will be a very different kind of first serve at this year's Wimbledon tennis championsh
Mumbai blast: NIA gets 8 days custody of Tahir Merchant Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 01:49:21 PM IST File photo: Mumbai blast 1993
A special CBI court on Friday handed over custody of Tahir Merchant, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blast case and in fake Indian Furrency Notes case in Kerala in 2008, to the National Investigation Agency till November 16 for questioning.
Tahir, brought by train to Kochi at 4.30 AM on Friday morning from Mumbai, admist heavy security, was produced before the court which is hearing NIA cases.
A heavy posse of policemen, including Mumbai police personnel were present when he was produced before Special Judge S Vijaykumar in his chamber. Dog and Bomb squad personnel were also present in the court premises.
Earlier, on a plea by NIA seeking custody of Tahir for questioning in the fake currency case, the court had issued a warrant on Sept 29 this year, directing Superintendent of the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai to produce him on Nov 9 for questioning.
Tahir, arrested by CBI in June, is in jail in connection with the Mumbai blast case.
Tahir Mohammed, 10th accused in the case, is considered a close aide of Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon and was working as manager of a carpet ship in Sharjah. He was arrested by CBI following his deportation from Abu Dhabi in June 2010 from the Mumbai airport.
According to NIA, information given by him revealed that the source of the fake currency was traced to Ibrahim Bhai, a national of Pakistan.
In the FICN case, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence on Aug 16, 2008, seized counterfeit notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denominations with a total face value of Rs 72.5 lakh from Mohammed Alshah, who arrived at Kozhikode airport from Ras al-Khaima. Three of his accomplices who had come to receive him at the airport were also arrested.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Abhishek Bachchan, known for his acclaimed performances in films like "Yuva", "Guru"
- Rohit's punctuality makes work pathetic: SRK
- Rihanna adopts abandoned puppy
- Whoa! Chaplin inspired Vidya
- FIR registered against Sunny deol
- Matt Gerald cast in 'Shot Caller'
- Shah Rukh Khan did not meet Lalit Modi in London
- Salman Khan, Amitabh Bacchan on Forbes Rich List. No Shah Rukh Khan
- Kangana will act Rani Laxmibai in Ketan Mehta biopic
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
The team will then develop the best interface to relay that to users - whether that is vib