- Broccoli is good for cancer patient'Fitoor' collects Rs.3.61 crore on Day 1Saroj Khan impressed with Deepika, 'Bajirao Mastani' choreographyHappy Valentine Day 2016 WallpapersAlia shares her dating fundas for V-DayNimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's weddingChiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriageModi inaugurates Make In India's first CentreSana Khan's photo shoot for V-DayApple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff said on Saturday that the Rio 2016 Olympics will go for
Jethmalani's 'Ram- a bad husband' fuels intense reactions Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 12:11:25 PM IST File photo: BJP Rajya Sabha member Ram Jethmalani
BJP MP Ram Jethmalani embarrassed his own party by terming Lord Rama a "bad husband" and also fueled intense reactions from saints and politicians alike.
Congress leader Jagdambika Pal has saidd that "Ravan's thought process" has begun in BJP oflate. Saints have also reacted strongly to Jethmalani's utterence on Lord Ram. It is noteworthy that BJP was at the forefront of movement of Ram tenmple at Ayodhya.
Speaking at a function to launch a book on a man-woman relationship, Jethmalani said "Ram was a bad husband. I don't like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
He went on to take a jibe at Lakshman by saying he was "even worse". He said, "When Sita was abducted, Ram asked him to go and find her as she was abducted during his watch. Lakshman simply excused himself saying she was his sister-in-law and he never looked at her face, so he wouldn't be able to identify her", Jethmalani said.
Earlier, Jethmalani spoke against use of religion and said "today we are at the crossroads of the very fate of this planet. Religion has totally changed. Religion has produced terror. Religion has produced those who issue fatwas of murder..."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Divya Khosla KumarÂ’s love story 'Sanam Re', starring Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gau
- 'Fitoor' collects Rs.3.61 crore on Day 1
- You might see me soon on TV, says Juhi
- Saroj Khan impressed with Deepika, 'Bajirao Mastani' choreography
- New short film for Valentine's Day
- Alia shares her dating fundas for V-Day
- Nimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's wedding
- Chiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriage
- Sana Khan's photo shoot for V-Day
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Apple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 15th.