- Salma Hayek defends to ban selfiesSEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal moodIrrfan turns suave for \'Jazbaa\'Mumbai Indians capture 2nd IPL titleSexy Vanessa facing tendinitisKramer ties nuptial knotRicha Chadha's 'unbelievable' moment at CannesSalman's next trip to Himachal for Arpita's wedding ReceptionPooja finishes 101 days of shootBreastfeeding protects kids
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Jethmalani's 'Ram- a bad husband' fuels intense reactions Last Updated : 09 Nov 2012 12:11:25 PM IST File photo: BJP Rajya Sabha member Ram Jethmalani
BJP MP Ram Jethmalani embarrassed his own party by terming Lord Rama a "bad husband" and also fueled intense reactions from saints and politicians alike.
Congress leader Jagdambika Pal has saidd that "Ravan's thought process" has begun in BJP oflate. Saints have also reacted strongly to Jethmalani's utterence on Lord Ram. It is noteworthy that BJP was at the forefront of movement of Ram tenmple at Ayodhya.
Speaking at a function to launch a book on a man-woman relationship, Jethmalani said "Ram was a bad husband. I don't like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile."
He went on to take a jibe at Lakshman by saying he was "even worse". He said, "When Sita was abducted, Ram asked him to go and find her as she was abducted during his watch. Lakshman simply excused himself saying she was his sister-in-law and he never looked at her face, so he wouldn't be able to identify her", Jethmalani said.
Earlier, Jethmalani spoke against use of religion and said "today we are at the crossroads of the very fate of this planet. Religion has totally changed. Religion has produced terror. Religion has produced those who issue fatwas of murder..."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salma Hayek wants celebrities to refrain from selfies.
- SEE PHOTOS: Sexy kim-West celebrate first wedding anniversary in royal mood
- KJo turns 43, B-town wishes him on twitter
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics
- When Farhan puts ice cream face pack for dog to lick
- Irrfan turns suave for 'Jazbaa'
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Cannes closes with glittering ceremony
- Sexy Vanessa facing tendinitis
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and