- Is Alia Bhatt leaving Bhatt house?Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leakList of movies to be released in Oct 2014Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn\'t know who Maharashtra\'s CM is!Little known facts about Asian Games 2014 gold medalist Mary KomMiley Cyrus takes nude selfieTwo million Muslims to perform Haj this yearWho is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'Winning is a habit for Mary KomChicken tikka masala loses charm!
She has once again made the country proud. MC Mary Kom has not only won the gold medal at
JPC meet: BJP members end boycott , rake up demand for calling PM Last Updated : 08 Nov 2012 03:28:32 PM IST JPC meet: BJP members end boycott , rake up demand for calling PM
BJP members of the JPC on the 2G spectrum allocation issue on Thursday ended their boycott of the panel by attending its meeting in which they again raked up their demand for calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram as witnesses.
As soon as today's proceedings began, BJP members led by Yashwant Sinha demanded that the PM and Chidambaram be called against the backdrop of the deposition by former Cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar.
Chandrasekhar had told the Joint Parliamentary Committee that he had written to the Prime Minister suggesting an increase in the license fee for 2G spectrum so that the government could earn an additional Rs 35,000 Crore.
BJP members claimed after the meeting that JPC chairman P C Chacko was open to the suggestion of holding a special meeting to discuss the list of witnesses.
It is learnt that some members like DMK's T Siva also demanded that former telecom minister A Raja be called as a witness.
There were some heated exchange of words when a Congress member demanded calling former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee as a witness. BJP members have been boycotting the JPC proceedings for nearly two months. Even before the boycott, they had stormed out of two JPC proceedings accusing its Chairman of behaving in an autocratic manner and charging Congress members with using foul language when they had pressed for summoning the Prime Minister and Finance Minister as witnesses.
They had stayed away from the subsequent two proceedings of the Committee. P
"It is out of the question to call the Prime Minister before the JPC as witness as there is no precedent of calling the Prime Ministers before the JPCs," he told .BJP leaders Yashwant Sinha and Jaswant Singh will be present in the meeting.
The BJP, which has six members on the panel, had stayed away from the last two meetings of the JPC demanding that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Finance Minister P Chidambaram be called to depose before the panel.
On summoning Chidambaram as witness, Chacko said it would be "decided on the basis of consensus". Referring to the allegation of CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta that the Attorney General was not called before the JPC on October 11, Chacko said he was out of the country that day.
Attorney General G E Vahanvati would be appearing before the JPC, he added. He said the extended period of the JPC would expire by December and one more extension would be essential as only 75 per cent work was completed.
The mobile operators association had been called for tomorrow's JPC meeting, Chacko said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Alia is a big girl now, she readies to leave her home.
- Kanye West is furious after Kim Kardashian's nude photos leak
- List of movies to be released in Oct 2014
- Major goof-up: Now Alia Bhatt doesn't know who Maharashtra's CM is!
- Miley Cyrus takes nude selfie
- SRK calls Aamir Khan ‘Aadha Hero’
- Keira not worried about turning 30
- Who is hotter, Katrina in 'Bang Bang' or Deepika Padukone in 'Happy New Year'
- Vishal Bhardwaj wants to work with Shweta Basu
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind